A good pizza + great company = awesome night.
Before watching Inception (finally!), RJ and I decided to have dinner in the new Va' Pensiero, formerly known as Volare. This restaurant is in Araneta Center, Cubao - just beside Gloria Maris.
I learned about their great pizzas when my former boss and I ate dinner here before. Ever since I had a slice of their Pizza Rustica (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, spinach, pecorino romano, porcini mushroom, parma ham and parmesan cheese), I fell in love with the place. I simply had to come back. Finally I found an opportunity to do so! :D Yaaay!
We loved the Mediterranean casual ambiance. The pictures of pizza on their walls made our mouths water. Their wine bottle display and soft lighting also adds to the overall charm of the restaurant. It's really a great quiet place to share a pizza with friends or with your special someone.
They served us complimentary bread while waiting for our orders. :) The bread is nice and soft, although I must admit I like Italliani's dip better.
Va' Pensiero is an Italian restaurant slightly biased to couples since they have a great pizza package meal for two! This package includes a pizza and 2 bottomless ice teas (or lemonades). Perfect! The pizzas in this package allows you to try their different pizzas since there can be 2-4 types of pizza flavors in one pizza. When I saw their bricked oven, I was more than willing to try their pizzas. :D
Look at our pizza! Yum yum! This pizza with the two bottomless iced drinks costs P499. I can't remember the name of the pizza but according to our receipt it's Nabucodonosor. (Eh? Haha, shortcut name)
I really love the dough that they use for their pizza. It's thin, not oily and it complements the toppings really well. I especially loved the pizza with olive toppings. I was only able to eat 3 slices but we finished the whole pizza in one seating. Haha I had one really hungry companion!
RJ really liked their Spaghetti Vongole E Gemberetti (seafood pasta) which costs P280. I liked the sauce of this pasta since it highlights the freshness of the seafood. Really flavorful!
Above everything else, what I really love about this place is their service. Their waitresses are absolutely friendly and very attentive. This was really important since we had bottomless drinks. Plus food was served pretty quick. I don't remember any lull moments. (They must really have a good boss since their waitresses seemed so happy.)
For an authentic Italian restaurant, their prices are really good for people on the budget. We stepped out of the restaurant with happy bellies and happy pockets. Haha. It was a perfect meal to ready our minds for a movie like Inception.
More information about Va' Pensiero:
Unit 14 Araneta Coliseum Circle, Araneta Center, Cubao
Unit 14 Araneta Coliseum Circle, Araneta Center, Cubao
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 912-8270
Working Hours
- Su, M, T, W, Th: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- F, Sa: 11:00 am - 12:00 mn
More Yummy Pictures of their food, click here: Ino Photography.
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
2 comments:
i never noticed this at araneta. the only one i noticed was the starbucks which has ultimately become the tambay tidings of jologs. pardon the pun. i want to try this out. not far from araneta, have you tried bellinis?
hahahaha! :)) this made me laugh. yes it's in araneta center, just beside Gloria Maris and Dairy Queen.
Yes, I love Bellini's! :) I went there before I started my blog. I'll see if I have good photos.
Post a Comment