![]() |
| Balkan Express (photo courtesy of spankyenriquez.blogspot.com) |
![]() |
| Oops sorry for the tissue holder! |
The owners of this place are from Serbia. Too bad we didn't see Marko Batricevic, one of the owners, when we were there. Marko is the "noisy" one among them. He's really cheerful and friendly to the customers.
Marko Batricevic is a UAAP player for De La Salle University. He's part of the UAAP winning team back in 2007 and he's set to graduate this year. He's really REALLY tall so it's impossible to miss him when he's in the store. His Serbian family has been living in Manila for 7 years already and if I'm not mistaken, this is their first venture in the food business here.
![]() |
| Marko Batricevic (photo courtesy of www.ourawesomeplanet.com) |
I kept laughing when Fred tried to order the Pljeskavica. He was like, "I'll have the Ple-jes-ka-vi-ca?"
Don't ask me how to pronouce "Butkice", I'll just laugh. :P
![]() |
| menu photos courtesy of spankyenriquez.blogspot.com |
All that pronunciation struggle in ordering was worth it when our meals arrived because they were SO GOOD!
![]() |
| Cevapcici (Php 180) |
My meal was also served with fries. I also enjoyed the fries. They weren't too salty or oily. Plus they taste like real potatoes. I really loved dipping them in the white sauce with mustard. Delicious!
![]() |
| Pljeskavica (Php180) |
I never realized how delicious Serbian food was. I'll definitely take RJ here one of these days. I'm sure he'll love it as well! I hope they can put more information about Serbia in the place. I'm now definitely intrigued about their country after tasting their succulent meat! Yum yum!
Go to this place if you're in the vicinity. Fred told me there have been celebrity sightings in this restaurant such as Ai-ai de las Alas. I'm not surprised because they have excellent food here!
If you're looking for more reviews about this place, click here, here and here! Hooray for food blogs!
More info on Balkan Express:
Address: 87 Jose Abad Santos St. corner Mons St.
Little Baguio, City of San Juan
Contact No: 33-00-945
Owner: Marko Batricevic
Store Hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
Thank you to the following for their pictures:
spankyenriquez.blogspot.com - menu pictures and restaurant signage
ourawesomeplanet - pictures of Marko Batricevic in the store












6 comments:
Wow! Thanks for the info. My husband and I would love to try different foods from different resto when we are bored to have a different dining experience. I like the Pljeskavica, it looks very yummy as I like burgers and fries (lol).
HI Supermommyjem! :) Yes their burgers are really delicious because their meat patties are really flavorful! They also offer their meat with rice if you're not in the mood for burgers. :)
Everything looks so good! Im suddenly hungry :D
(and I just ate ha!)
-Gayle from www.gayleisvolatile.blogspot.com
Hahaha! :) I can relate, I get so hungry after reading food blogs but I still keep reading them anyway :D
HMMM. So tempting. We will surely try this place one of these days. Glad you blogged about it.
Yup I'm sure you won't regret going to this place :D
Post a Comment