When I was in high school, I decided to sleepover in my sister's room. I was thinking of a gift for a friend back then as we were about to sleep. A sudden Eureka moment came to me when I caught sight of her night lamp which looked similar to this:
![]() |
| Night Light (photo courtesy of powerbeauty.com) |
Instead of Disney princesses, I thought of making a lamp that would show our photos. I felt the plastic texture of the lamp cover and it gave me the idea of using inkjet printer friendly colored acetate. You can easily purchase this from bookstores but they are a bit pricey.
![]() |
| Inkjet Printer Friendly Acetate (photo courtesy of pastrychef.com) |
I tied the edges together using rubber band and a lot of yarn to create a pyramid shape lamp. It wasn't perfect but it looked something like this:
![]() |
| Pyramid Shape Lamp (photo courtesy of stylegallery.co.uk) |
| Lightbulb, base, switch and plug (photo courtesy of mcguckin.com) |
| Light Bulb Flat Base (photo courtesy of its-about-time.com) |
I used a solid colored thick paper to cover the whole lamp. I used a darker colored paper since I knew it would look dusty after a couple of months. At least a darker color will look nice much longer. On hindsight though, it might be better to use cloth so that it's washable. :)
| Printed acetate (photo courtesy of mrwilsondj.com) |
Tada! A DIY Personalized night light!
Sorry I don't have a picture of the actual product since I made it back when I was in high school. :) But it looks something like this but with a pyramid shape foundation:
![]() |
| Personalized night light (photo courtesy of handcraftedmemories.blogspot.com) |
![]() |
| Personalized night light (photo courtesy of photogiftsplus.com) |
Hope you liked my gift idea way back from high school. Hahaha :)
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~






4 comments:
Wow, you're so creative, Smarla! What a beautiful and useful gift :)
thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments. I hope to be able to get back into the swing of things soon.
have a fantastic day!
Duni
Hi Duni! :)
Thank you so much. :D I hope you're recovering fast. :) I'm glad everything turned out well. Just relax over there and take your time. :)
Smarla
now that's something! lamps with your face, cool! =)
btw, thanks for your support on Project Headshot: R.A.W. keep mo posted with your entry and i'll be anticipating it! advocate it here and be the inspiration yourself for your readers! =)
Hi TDB! :) I'm still writing my entry for Project Headshot: RAW. It'll be out on Monday. I'll let you know. I'd like to see the other Project Headshots too. Let me know where I can see the others who participated. :D
Post a Comment