Monday, January 17, 2011

14 Romantic Restaurants for Valentine's Day # 14: Sweet Inspirations

Friends having been asking me for restaurant recommendations for Valentines' Day. Let me then suggest 14 Romantic Restaurants for February 14, Valentine's Day; starting off with a personal favorite, Sweet Inspirations.


If you're a Katipunan baby, Sweet Inspirations is a given. It's cozy, charming, it's conveniently just across the school and yes, the prices are quite affordable. 
However, more than its Katipunan neighborhood charm, Sweet Inspirations is a homey restaurant that's very close to my heart. "Why?", you might ask. It's where RJ and I celebrated our very first Valentine's Day together. <3 (Okay, now you can say "awww" here. haha)

Still not quite a couple back then, Sweet Inspirations's non-intimidating yet romantic ambiance was the perfect restaurant for our first "official" date. It's comfortingly close to the familiar but inexplicably enchanting at the same time. Simply put, it's a restaurant that suits where we were in our relationship. 
Value Meal C: Bangus Steak, Fresh Lumpia, Eclair or Cream Puff with Iced Tea (Php160)
It's a perfect first date option especially among students since their prices are quite pocket friendly given the quality and completeness of their meals. They have value meals for the overly economic conscious, pastas, grills, sandwiches, breakfast foods and more. 


Couples with big appetites can also enjoy their eat-all-can Mongolian bowls for only Php300. They also have student discounts for their eat-all-you promo. If I'm not mistaken it's priced at Php199 or 200+ for students. Wow. Are people taking up their masters degree counted? Haha. 
But of course, one can also opt to have a desserts date instead since Sweet Inspirations is famous, after all, for their sweet endings. They are much loved for their cheesecakes, yemas and cream puffs. 


As for RJ and I, we had full meals and left our palates happily satisfied with slices of their New York Cheesecake and Blueberry Cheesecake. Yuuum! I swear, I'm craving for those cheesecakes while I'm typing away. 


So for dating couples, especially students, I highly suggest Sweet Inspirations as your Valentine's Day restaurant. The sweetness of this place is indeed infectious. I must say, its magic definitely worked on me and RJ. ;)


Here are other pictures of Sweet Inspirations from their website:


More Info on Sweet Inspirations:
Address: 311 Katipunan Ave., Quezon City, Metro Manila
Map: Click Here
Commuting Tips: Take LRT 2 to Katipunan, take a tricycle from Mini Stop to Sweet Inspirations
Operating Hours: Su, M, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Contact: (02) 433-4200, (02) 928-2557
Budget: Php200-250/head
Payment Methods: Cash, Visa, Mastercard
Outfit: Casual
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :) 
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~

17 comments:

Smar said...

hahaha im not yet done with my palawan either :P okay lang yan :D

MrsMartinez said...

Very diligent ka talaga with your posts! Ako I havent even finished blogging about Taipei... waaah!
xoxo
MrsM

Smar said...

Hi Becky, I changed the link colors, I hope this helps :) thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

becky said...

ms smarla,
the font color vs the background color on the right side panel of your site really hurts the eyes.

Smar said...

Super nice ambiance. :) and i love that it's one of the longest running establishments in Katipunan so it still has that neighborhood charm. slowly Katipunan is becoming so commercialized with the condos

Smar said...

I agree! Before, we decided to cook at home instead since the restaurants were so busy.

Smar said...

hahaha i know! sobrang nakakatawa kasi ang awkward nung date na yun. haha

Smar said...

it's 2 train rides away technically. hahaha :) malay mo one day you find yourself in katipunan :)

Smar said...

Super sarap ng cakes nila, worth the trip :) at masarap yung eat all you can na mongolian. :D

Johnraycabrera said...

lovely set up, cozy ambiance.

popchampagne said...

nice restaurant, it has a great setting. I've never really gone out on valentine's day, it's just too busy for restaurants!

Jayvie said...

ayun naman pala eh! dun ang first V-date hihihi. kilig much :D

RN said...

wow! gusto ko sanang i try kaya lang super layo naman sa pplace namin.. huhuhu

peachkins said...

I haven't been here. I'll make sure I drop by kapag nagawi ako banda dyan!

Gela said...

ooooh, can't wait to read about your other Valentine's suggestions, Smarla. :D


boat ride through the sky

Smar said...

i agree! sobrang daming memories ng lugar na ito and i love the buffet :D nom nom nom

chef_d said...

LOL I remember sweet inspirations! I grew up in Katipunan and we used to walk there for the Mongolian BBQ. This brings back so many memories :))