Don't miss out on the last day of Bakery Fair 2011 tomorrow!
Yesterday, Fred and I went to the Bakery Fair 2011 of the Filipino Chinese Bakery Association, Inc. After attending food expos in the past, I wasn't expecting to be blown away by the Bakery Fair but we got complimentary tickets so hey, why not? But after spending a half day in the fair, I have to say that I had such a great time. :)
There's also a lot of free taste of pastries and bread so foodies can rejoice with the abundance of food in one area! Yaaay!
Fred runs his own bakeshop so he came to see the latest baking equipment innovations. I didn't see new equipment but I noticed that the silicone kitchen tools are becoming even more popular these days. I just bake for fun so I brought home with me a basic springform pan. I can't wait to bake pies with it! :)
Fred also collected a lot of brochures and calling cards from possible suppliers. By going to the fair, you can easily get in touch with suppliers for all of your baking needs: from equipment, tools, packaging, display, storage, uniforms, toppings, flavorings, preservatives, ingredients, etc. You name it, they most probably have it!
More Info on the Bakery Fair 2011:
Date: February 18-20, 2011
Venue: World Trade Center
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)
Yesterday, Fred and I went to the Bakery Fair 2011 of the Filipino Chinese Bakery Association, Inc. After attending food expos in the past, I wasn't expecting to be blown away by the Bakery Fair but we got complimentary tickets so hey, why not? But after spending a half day in the fair, I have to say that I had such a great time. :)
Whether you're a baker, a culinary student or simply just a foodie, you'll find something in the Bakery Fair that's worth the trip.
Since I'm constantly on the lookout for new food finds, I kept laughing when I saw this gelato flavor - Viagra! What the hell! Who names their gelato Viagra? According the the store personnel, it's just blueberry but I saw online that this flavor contains herbs which has the same effects of Viagra. In another online source, they say it's simply called Viagra since it has the same color. I really don't know. I dared Fred to try it but he didn't want to risk it. Hahaha! We instead had the black chocolate gelato which was smooth, rich and had extremely dark chocolate flavor. Yummy! Any daring foodies who would want to try the Viagra gelato? Please share your experience. There's also a lot of free taste of pastries and bread so foodies can rejoice with the abundance of food in one area! Yaaay!
![]() |
| Rounder Divider, Baking Pans with Built in Pans |
![]() |
| Piping Tips, Flavorings and Toppings |
Fred also collected a lot of brochures and calling cards from possible suppliers. By going to the fair, you can easily get in touch with suppliers for all of your baking needs: from equipment, tools, packaging, display, storage, uniforms, toppings, flavorings, preservatives, ingredients, etc. You name it, they most probably have it!
My favorite part of the Bakery Fair was watching demos left and right. Aside from the Bakery Fair workshops and demos, almost all of the suppliers also conduct their own food demos to introduce their products. If you're like me and you simply love watching people cook or bake, then there's never a dull moment in the fair. In fact, there were moments that we had to decide which demo to watch!
The best demo I watched was by the Vietnam cake decorators. Despite having such a heavy bag, I stood and watched them in amazement for the entire duration. They worked on the cake on the spot and finished it in less than 30-45 minutes with such skilled and intricate artistry. Here's their final product: Wow, amazing right? Fred and I couldn't lift our eyes off of them for even one second since every moment was like magic unfolding before us. They were so inspiring that I'm even tempted to get my hands into cake decorating. Hmm.. I wonder if I can pull it off after my funny looking fondant cake for RJ's birthday.
So if you're also interested to eat a lot of food, check out suppliers and attend baking demos and workshops non stop, then make sure not to miss out on the last day of Bakery Fair tomorrow! :) Hopefully the Vietnam bakers will have another cake decorating demo. I swear, they're the best cake decorators I've ever seen.
More Info on the Bakery Fair 2011:
Date: February 18-20, 2011
Venue: World Trade Center
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)










17 comments:
Excellent read. I like your style...have a good one!/Nice
blog! Keep it up!
Bakery
Equipment
You're welcome, I really had a great time :) Yes, I'm so excited for Bakery Fair 2013
Hahaha wala pa! ayaw ni fred eh. hahanapin ko ulit yang gelato na yan. Brand nila is MokkiLato. :) Pag makita mo sila, please try it tapos kwento ka!
Awww sorry! But I have lots of pictures :D i'll post on FB na lang. Pero sobrang galing talaga, as in amazed lang ako the entire time.
Gusto ko sana itry pero walang effect naman if ever sa akin yun kasi girl ako. Si Fred kasi ayaw! :P
Sige, next na makakita ako ng Viagra gelato, tatawagan kita!
Sana you were able to attend, ang daming free taste ng breads :D
LOL at the Viagra flavor!
Wow the Vietnam cake decorators are truly impressive!
and wait, have you had anyone try the viagra? the gelato viagra? is it effective? :)
i hope you have a video on how they make it. i am always enamored by the intricate design of cakes that i thought they were pre-molded.
Wow I'm sure na nasa heaven ka nga nyan. Grabe ang galing nung sa cake ha! Sobrang intricate talaga lalo na yung parang net dun sa koi fish.
Also, I would've tried that viagra gelato in a heartbeat!
yummy!! i love bread pa naman :D
thanks for the nice write ups...see you on Bakery Fair 2013 :)
Sige hahanapin ko ulit itong gelato! :D
sige sure! hahahahahahaha :D
Eh siya yung guy eh, sa kanya lang gagana if ever. :P Try mo, please?
si Fred yung may super oven di ba? hahahaha natawa naman ako na gusto mo ipasubok sa kanya yung Viagra hahahaha :D
Diba! Tawa kami nang tawa! First time I saw a Viagra flavored gelato. Sayang talaga, Fred should have tried it. :P
And yes, super impressive and ang bilis. Sobrang wow!
Post a Comment