1. Ateneo Postcard
2. Buhay PolSci Shirt
3. Alarm Clock
Let's focus on the alarm clock (even though the post card was just awwwww - Ateneans would know why).
When I opened his present, I laughed so hard when I saw the alarm clock. It was obviously a gift that was meant to tease me. Why? Back in college, during our the last weeks of our last semester, all the seniors were basically running around like zombies. No sleep + high stress + tons of requirements left + heart attack from orals = zombie.
I was so stressed out I even decided to cut my hair waaaaay short - I promise not to do that irrational, spur of the moment hair cut again.
Anyway, back to the story. The night before my orals, I was really really sleepy but I was pushing myself to stay awake to review my notes. RJ texted and asked me to sleep first and then wake up early to study. I knew this was impossible since I sleep like a log. The moment I lie down on my bed, I doze off for at least 5 hours regardless of the number of screaming alarm clocks.
However, I felt so sleepy and RJ promised that he would wake me up by ringing my phone endlessly until I wake up. So there, after a couple of hours, he kept calling, and calling, and calling, and calling....calling... as for me, yeaaah, I was sleeping like a baby on our table. If I remember correctly, I think I saw around 40 missed calls on my phone when I woke up. Oooopppsss! I give him an A for effort though. :P He eventually stopped calling and I was still asleep! :))
I woke up for my Calasanz orals like a mess as I tried to comfort myself and just praying across the dela Costa building. People who saw me that day would know! I was just sitting down on the floor and hugging myself - trying to cram everything in my head a few minutes before orals. I looked something like this:
Haha, but don't worry, orals went well. :) I was just shaking like hell but yeah, it was okay. :)
Haha, but don't worry, orals went well. :) I was just shaking like hell but yeah, it was okay. :)
As for RJ, he never wanted to wake me up again by calling! Hahahaha. So for my birthday, he decided to buy one absolutely noisy clock that would drive me crazy. In fairness, it does its job. Its alarm bells just hurt my ears and push me to wake up. Although lately, I find myself closing the alarm, hugging the clock and then falling back to sleep. Haha, I told you I sleep like a log. But yeah, that was one funny great gift! It made me laugh so much. Thanks RJ :D
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
Thanks to Corbis, Google images and iStockphoto for the pictures I just grabbed for this article. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment