Monday, August 16, 2010

Dart the Stress Away

Whenever I'm trying to think of a good gift for someone, I usually think about the status of the person. By status, I don't mean financial status or relationship status - more of: 

  • What currently takes up most of his/her time
  • What bothers the person lately
  • What is he/she in love with recently, etc
After this, I try asking around for good gift ideas or going bookstores to get inspiration. For our 13th monthsary, I was really out of gift ideas. (Yes I know, you're not required to give monthsary gifts but I do anyway) I decided to go to National Bookstore and look through their stuff. It was a great place since they had "safe" alternatives there just in case I just couldn't find the perfect gift. 

Here's what I came up with! :)


I found a nice piece of metallic dart board in the toy section of National Bookstore. It was the perfect gift since RJ has been so stressed out from his academics and extra curricular stuff. 

I decided to decorate it a little bit with post-its of the things he would usually rant about like crazy overtaking & flying jeepneys, oversleeping, extremely hot weather, etc. I figured that RJ could use this whenever he felt extremely upset about something so he can dart the stress away. 

It's a pretty simple gift but I think the thought process that came with it made it really special. Hey, if you have awesome gift ideas, feel free to share! Leave a comment or email me. :)

~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

Shout out to Wooden Canvas people! I'm so glad you found my blog. I love your store. :)

No comments: