Yes, Bohol has always been on my mind ever since my friend Mica told me stories about their Bohol trip back in grade school or high school. She told me about snorkeling, tarsiers, the chocolate hills, river cruise, the seafood and all. Ever since then, I told myself that I would, one day, go to Bohol myself.
![]() |
| Philippine Tarsier from Bohol. Aren't they SO CUTE??? |
Finally, I decided to just do it - just go to Bohol. I told my mom one night that we HAVE to fly to Bohol. So after a few weeks of planning, we were all set and ready to go. It was a mother-daughter tandem taking over Bohol! Bwahahahaha. I kid!
![]() |
| My mom and I in Danao Adventure Park |
Anyway, when we were shopping around for souvenirs, I found the perfect gift for him!
![]() |
| Canned Tarsier and a Heart Shaped Rock (cheesy haha!) |
He visited me right away when I got home from the airport. When I handed the can to him, he freaked out just as I expected, "Hah? Is this serious? Aren't they endangered?!" He was shaking the can violently while I just looked at him straight in the eyes, "But you told me you wanted adobong tarsier so I got you canned tarsier which we can cook later."
Since I'm not a pretty good liar, I eventually laughed and we opened it with a can opener.
![]() |
| Biggest Eyes Competition 1: Canned Tarsier vs RJ |
Tarsiers always win in this competition. Boo! They have such huge eyes, I love them! :D
PS. I saw Rackell's (Rackell of My Little World) post about Bohol and I just wanted to fly back to Bohol. This entry is my way of consoling myself. Haha. Have fun in Bohol Rackell!
PS 2. If you want to read more about tarsiers, here's ZJ Ascencio's article on them: Tarsiers: The Misfit Primates. Thanks ZJ for sharing this! :)
PS 3. If you're planning to visit Bohol, here's a list of the places to visit c/o Jill of All Trades: I Recommend a Tour of Bohol, Philippines
Note: No actual tarsiers were hurt in the process of writing this blog entry.
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~




15 comments:
Oh! I adore Tarsiers and I recently did an article on them. They are fascinating creatures that are unlike any other primates. You can check out my article if you'd like: Tarsiers: The Misfit Primates.
Loved your pics! :)
Hi ZJ! I'm thrilled that someone loves tarsiers as much as I do! I read your article and I loved it :) It's really informative and beautifully written. I also liked the loris and tarsier picture, so cute! Tarsiers are really one of a kind. I guess they're not meant to be classified :P I hope you don't mind, I'll share your link in my post, I'll edit my post. :)
Thanks Smarla for sharing my link in your site.. I really enjoy reading all you post.. Keep on writing! ^_^
You're welcome Rackell! :) I also love reading your blog. Share more Bohol pictures!
Aww, your photos are so fun and cute!
Thanks for visiting SHE! We appreciate it :)
http://www.stylethroughhereyes.com
Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?
Just send me an email at smarla.angtuaco@gmail.com for any inquiries :)
Whoah! I never saw that souvenir when I was in Bohol. I have the little stuff toy that you can see in every souvenir shop, I like to have one too, tarsier is so cute..
I agree, tarsiers are super cute! :D i love tarsiers!
Isn't it cute? :D Ang cute naman, Mole. I like the fact that there's a surprise factor in opening the can. It's really a nice souvenir from Bohol
i got one from ny boyfriend..same as that one,,its name is Mole..
ei..you know i giot one also..my boyfriend gave it to me..canned tarsier
Awww I wasn't able to visit Dao Diamond Hotel. Okay, I'll keep it in mind on my next visit :) thanks for this tip :D
Bohol? I hope you visited Dao Diamond hotel! It's so cool that their no. 1 language here is sign language!The owners are deaf,so they plan to make like a donation!
Post a Comment