Friday, September 17, 2010

Writing Fiction Again?

During our monthsary last Friday, RJ handed me a paper bag. Of course I got excited, I love opening presents! There were two books and a letter inside. Here's the picture:
Yaaay! He got me two fiction books: Politically Correct Bedtime Stories & 41 Stories. I'm already done reading the first one and it was really hilarious! I still have to read the other one. 



I got really touched when he gave me these books because it was inspired from a simple conversation we shared a few days ago. I told him that I wanted to write fiction stories again. Here's the back story to my fiction writing dream:
For some strange reason, my memories as a 3-year-old are very vivid. I remember drawing (since I couldn't write yet) all the stories in my head the whole day. My family and some of my grade school classmates can attest to this. I can remember getting in trouble back in grade 2 because I got mad at a classmate who tried to read my story notebook. Hahaha. 
I had a lot of story notebooks back then, I even designed covers for them. Remember our "choose your own adventure books" Mica? Although I won't share those old stories here because I'm too shy. I thought they were so deep back then! Hahaha 
Hahaha these were some of the notebooks I worked on when I was between 3-9 years of age
I wanted to be a writer ever since but I stopped writing stories when school started catching up. I still did some freelance writing back in college but for very technical accounts. I wanted to get back into writing, that's why I started my blog.

After writing more than 50 articles (yes it's been more than 50 days of writing!), I mentioned to RJ that I wanted to write stories again. I didn't realize that he would remember this conversation until he wrote this in his letter, "Naalala ko lang you want to write stories again. Kaya to start things up, binigyan kita ng storybooks." (Translation: "I just remembered that you told me you wanted to write stories again. To start you up, I'm giving you storybooks.") Awwww! I got so touched by this. It was a simple act but it meant a lot. It meant the world to me to know that he wants me to push through with my dream. :)


Thank you RJ for being my number 1 fan all the time :) 


PS. I also want to write more about food! :) I love to eat! Let me know if there are more great restaurants that we should definitely visit.   
PS 2. These are the only two baby photos I have left after Ondoy turned them into abstract paintings. Join Yugatech's contest by sharing your oldest photo and win a GE camera. :) (Click the link for the mechanics)




~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

4 comments:

noone said...

omg I totally remember choose your own advanture looks, and those pictures that you gotta cross your eyes a little then a holigram pops up. and aww about your storybooks :D

Smarla said...

Hi Pop Champagne! :) Yes, I used to love those Goosebumps Choose Your Own Adventure Books - they really drove my imagination crazy! Thank you so much :)

Phoebe R said...

That is so sweet of your boyfriend! and go lang im sure you'll be a great writer someday. :)

actually id like to be a good one myself. someday... haha. blogging really helps i think.

Smarla said...

Hi Phoebe R! Awwww thank you so much :) I really hope so :)

Yes blogging helps since it pushes you to write regularly which is great. They say good readers also make good writers. I'm sure you'll be a fantastic writer :)