I left you off with a picture of their glowing blue lights display but let's take a closer look at their magnificent, beaming with pride, Japanese food section.
One of the things that I truly appreciate Japanese cuisine is its respect for the natural flavors of ingredients. Instead of drowning their food with seasoning, they simply let the food speak for itself with minor enhancements with the help of some soy sauce and wasabi. This is probably why their food always leaves me off with a very clean aftertaste.
Since Japan is an island country, they are abundant with marine products such as clams, fish, shrimp and crabs.
If you love raw food, then Japanese cuisine is for you. They usually serve their seafood raw and thinly sliced, otherwise known as Sashimi. If you've read my post on Kikufuji, then I'm sure you know how crazy I get over sashimi. I'm quite picky with Japanese restaurants though since it's very vital that they keep their food fresh given that they're raw.
I didn't hesitate from filling up two plates with sashimi though in HEAT since all their Japanese food sparkled with freshness. Look at their enormous tuna display!
Now that's what you call fresh! Despite having its glossy eyes on, I didn't feel any guilt as I tiptoed to steal at least 6 pieces of tuna sashimi from the impressive tuna display.
For those who were moved by the dear tuna's puppy eyes, there's also tuna sashimi served on the side along with the others.
I'm not too sure what type of fish this is but it tasted really light and clean as opposed to tuna sashimi. For salty salmon sashimi lovers like me, you have to ask the Sushi Chef to slice you up some pieces.
There were also a lot of raw seafood in shells to choose from. However, we didn't like this huge snail looking piece though for its tough and rubbery texture. We had to chew it slowly in our minds while bearing the running images of a live snail in our mouth. It didn't slide down our throat as smoothly like the other slimy shells. Aside from this particular one though, we enjoyed the rest of the oyster like food.
If you're a sushi lover then make sure you're dressed properly to fit in all that rice stuffed sushi in your belly!
Like Filipinos, Japanese consume rice daily and consider it as one of the most, if not the most, important crops in their country. Other than a source of nutrition, rice was also used as currency to pay taxes and wages back in mid-19th century. It was used as an indicator of someone's economic status. They have also used the rice plant to create other products such as rice cakes, rice crackers and even ropes and sandals!
Sushi, by definition is a dish that uses cooked vinegared rice commonly rolled with other ingredients such seafood.
There's of course the sweet and comforting California maki glowing with sprinkled bright orange flying fish roe beads.
There are also sushi suited for vegetarian folks out there. In fact, there are so many kinds of sushi in different Japanese restaurants. In Heat, there are around 4-5 kinds. I made sure to taste every sushi and sashimi there is to eat!
Aside from sushi and sashimi, Heat also had something unique offer for foodies out there - Japanese inspired appetizers! I took one spoonful bite of that raw fish topped with kiwi and it did a great job with cleansing my palate.
Don't be mistaken, we had more than 2 rounds in the buffet table. I just condensed it into 3 parts. We spent 3 hours in the restaurant and made sure we couldn't stand up anymore before we left. Hahaha :)
For dessert lovers out there, I decided to hold on to the last part of this 3-Part Edsa Shangri-La Heat post until sometime this week! Watch out for it :D
More Info on EDSA Shangri-La's Heat:
Address: Lobby Lvl. EDSA Shangri-la Hotel, 1 Garden Way, Ortigas Ctr., Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Contact Number: 633-8888 loc 2740 or 2741
Operating Hours: Su, M, T, W, Th: 6:00 am - 12:00 mn
F, Sa: 6:00 am - 2:00 am
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~












21 comments:
... this is totally dreamy, and I am COMPLETELY jealous of anyone and everyone who got to go to this! That tuna display is downright unreal.
Hi Andnowlights! :D i know, it's excellent japanese food buffet and i love it!
i ate so much that night :)
Sooo hungry. It all looks sooo good. **mouth watering**.
Okay, it's official. I must have some sushi soon. It won't be any where near as awesome as this, but it may ease the craving!
Gosh I so love buffets because I'm so matakaw...
WOW! I wanna try it!!! Made me hungry!!!
Hi Smarla, new visitor here. Your last 2 posts on Heat is driving me insane, I may totally lose it when you get around to posting the desserts!
But seriously, your food photos are awesome. I'll be checking back for more of your food posts. :)
Regards,
Dea
this is so wonderful that you r sharing. ive sent ur blog to my parents since theyre from asia and can appreciate your food adventures even more. i am looking foward to the desserts. i just ate dinner so that is what i want now :)
Hi ZJ! yes the display makes it extra delicious! i was just wide eyed at the start. :)
@peachkins hahaha *apir* me too i can be matakaw especially when the food looks this good!
@Efril, ask your friends to bring you here! :D haha!
Hi Dea, welcome to my blog! :) im glad to have you around. Yes if you have a sweet tooth, I'm sure you'll love the desserts post!
Btw, I looked at your blog and I also got so hungry from your food shots. You have a cute pet kitten too btw :D
That's too expensive.. I hope someday ma experience rin namin kumain dyan.. haha
Hi Artemis! :D thanks for sharing my blog to your parents. I hope they like it!
I'm sure you'll love the desserts! they all look so delicious! :)
Hi Rackell! Yes it's expensive! :P hahaha, but it's way cheaper than spirals. although i still want to go to spirals :D
Thank you for your sweet comment! Followed you ;-)
thank you so much Efril! followed you back :D
hello smarla! stumbled upon your blog because of your comment on ms.lori's post on fred's 12 baskets:) anyway, i love love love the food pictures you took! i'm drooling now haha. hope you don't mind if i follow you, i'm a sis of anagon! looking forward to your future posts!:)
Hi Kaka! Awwww thank you so much. :) of course you can!
ah really! ang galing, small world talaga! will follow you too :D
So I only have to pay 2k-ish and I can eat as much as I can, right?
Daaaaaaaaarn I wish I can find somebody willing to go with me there for mah birthdaaaaaaaay.
So.... people are allowed to take pictures inside?
Hi Robbie! :) yup they allow people to take photos. may chef na tumulong pa saken mag take ng photos ng Jap food.
Although medyo nakakahiya kasi titingnan ka ng ibang mga tao pero haha wala akong paki, I still took photos. :)
And yes, 2k and eat all you can. Pwede nga tutok ka lang sa mga ticket items like lobster and sashimi para masulit. :) there are cheaper buffet options like yakimix (japanese), alba (spanish), etc. :)
just holler if you need a food buddy! :) game!
Post a Comment