We celebrated her 16th birthday in this restaurant in Fort Strip called, Zong. I don't frequent this side of Fort much so I wasn't aware what kind of restaurant it was prior to her birthday. Since it was a family dinner, I had a strong hunch it was a Chinese restaurant. True enough it was Chinese - a hip, contemporary Chinese bistro!
When I think of Chinese restaurant, there are four main categories that float around my mind: the hardcore no nonsense interior Chinese restaurant (Binondo), the regal fine dining Chinese restaurant (Spring Deer), the comfort Chinese food restaurant (North Park) and the fastfood Chinese restaurant (Chowking). Zong has created a new category in the Chinese restaurant scene with its refreshing modern and stylish take on Oriental cuisine.
The brainchild behind it is the young restauranteur, Joshua Tiu. After studying Hotel & Restaurant Management in Switzerland and working in hotel chains in North America and Europe, he came back to the Philippines to put up his own restaurant.
In contrast to other Chinese restaurants, Zong's interior exudes a sharp and chic vibe. It does away with the snobbish feel of fine dining restaurants but it also ups the Chinese comfort food experience.
My Tita ordered a lot of food that night. We were overwhelmed by the variety of dishes but I'll share with you the ones that really made a mark in my food memory bank. It's been three weeks since I ate here but I simply cannot forget some of the dishes served that evening.
![]() |
| Prawn Hakao (Php128) |
![]() |
| Roast Combination Platter (Php358) |
![]() |
| Singapore Style Fish Fillet (Php328) |
My mom kept raving about it as she bit into it. She loved how tender and pristine the dory fish was as it was drenched in a sweet (but not "nakakasuya" type) orange sauce. The egg floss sprinkled on top gave each bite a surprising ending.
![]() |
| Sauteed Beef & Broccoli in Black Pepper Sauce (Php288) |
![]() |
| Chicken in Salted Egg Yolk (Php228) |
![]() |
| Mango Sago Cream (Php128) |
Aside from the great food, I also enjoyed hearing stories about my cousin from different guests. A friend of my Tita shared to me that my cousin took a long time in Tita's womb. She was overdue and she walked all over the place just to "help" give birth to my cousin. Haha! When my Tita's friend already flew back to Manila, my Tita suddenly gave birth. Haha, my cousin already knows how to play hide and seek even before she was born!
We had a great time and we took so many photos beside my cousin and her well lit birthday cake! It was really funny because my Tita's friends were so game to pose in front of the camera.
I wouldn't mind coming back to Zong for another family dinner in the future. :)
More Info on Zong:
Address: The Fort Strip, Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Contact Number: (02) 889-0472 or 79
Operating Hours: Su, M, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Su, M, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~









6 comments:
i have to agree. that chicken in salted egg thing is ZOMG. :) there are other chinese restos which also have prawns in salted egg which is also DELICIOUS! <3
Smarla, order naman kayo ng birthday cake galing samin! :)
Thanks for the blog about my precious princess. I am glad you enjoyed the food, the place and the company. My friends are truly just like me. Game to do anything fun.
Hi Selene! what resto? :D gusto ko rin matry!
aaah oo nga noh, gumagawa kayo bday cakes! Sige, i'll keep that in mind. Di ako yung bumili ng cake nung bday ng pinsan ko :D
@Tita Adette, hahaha pansin ko nga eh, sobrang bibo nakakatuwa! :D i see why they're your friends :D
And I thought this is a fusion restaurant. The mango sago looks sarap!
xoxo
MrsM
Yes my favorite is the mango sago! :D super creamy, sarap!
Post a Comment