Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Enchanted Kingdom with the "Kaladkarin" Bloggers

If somebody you met online invited you to meet up for the first time in a nearby province, would you go? 


Well, I did.


A week ago, Robbie of thecreativedork.com left a message on my chatbox (see right panel) inviting me to a bloggers meet up in Enchanted Kingdom



I've never met Robbie or any of the bloggers invited to this trip. Yes I read their blogs but I've never met any one of them in person. Hypothetically, I would have declined the invitation since they're technically strangers but I somehow felt like I already know them since we have been commenting on each other's blogs. :)
So last Saturday, Robbie, Jayvie, Dennis, Bryan, Dani, Marc, Anais, Will, Erica, Lou and I met up in Glorietta and had lunch together before braving the slow moving SLEX traffic to Enchanted Kingdom. After 1 quick stopover and a long drive to Laguna, we finally arrived a little behind schedule at around 3:30 PM. 

To our surprise, we were confronted with a parking lot overflowing with buses! Uh oh. There were buses everywhere, very reminiscent of huge Christian gatherings. We had to park the car in a far location since even Enchanted Kingdom's nearby parking space was filled with buses. I guess that's what we get for going to EK on a December weekend. :P
The volume of people in EK was simply unbelievable that management even posted a warning sign (see above): Waiting Time in Queue Lines - 2 Hours per ride. Patay :P EK now closes at 9PM so we were already doubtful if we'll be able to maximize our Php500 ride-all-you-can ticket. 
They weren't kidding when they said 2 hours per ride since bulk of our duration in EK was spent lining up for a 15 minute ride. Hence, we were only able to try 3 of their amusement rides: Jungle Log Jam, Wheel of Fate and Flying Fiesta
Hahaha no, we weren't able to try the EKstreme for ourselves :P (left picture)
All of us were obviously spent since the lines were crowded and we were all sweating like crazy, but this only forced us to bond even more. I guess you can say we bonded from a shared traumatic experience. I'm kidding! 

Since we knew how much time we'll be spending lining up, we all learned to entertain each other. We all became instant comedians! Watch this video for a better look at how we made each other laugh:
So despite not knowing each other personally plus the added factors of vehicular and human traffic, we maximized the trip by bonding with each other. We learned about each others' lives beyond our blogs. As Robbie puts it, "the waiting time we spent together was priceless" (naks, quotable quote na!)
Plus, since we are bloggers, we were always game for a picture! 
So expect more trips with Team Kaladkarin in the near future. We're now targeting a Binondo Food Trip on January. Yaaay food trip! I can't wait!


***First photo taken by me, edited by Robbie


More Info on Enchanted Kingdom:
Address: San Lorenzo South, Santa Rosa City, Laguna
Contact Number: (02) 584-3535
Website: Click Here
Ticket Cost: Php500/head
Ticket Purchasing Sites: National Bookstore Outlets, Robinsons Department Stores, Ayala Center Malls, Music Museum, CCP, Ticketworld Head Office, Onsite
Operating Hours: Thurs-Fri 12NN-7PM; Sat-Sun & Holidays 11AM-9PM

~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

25 comments:

DAM THE NATION said...

I love the video! Hahaha. Bigla ko kayong namiss guys!! I-plan na ang next lakad! :D

Anonymous said...

Fun fun fun! Kulit ng video, di ko lang ma-on yung video ko dito sa office haha. Binondo na ba?

Smarla said...

Hi Dennis! :)

Thanks!

Gaaaame! gusto ko na mag binondo food trip :)

Smarla said...

Hi Dani!

Ah bawal ba sa office? :P sa bahay na lang mamaya.

Yup Binondo muna :D may airsoft pa tayo (mamamatay ako dito kasi hindi ako sporty) at lasertag daw

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

That's a nice trip! Or shall I say laugh trip lol
xoxo
MrsM

Smarla said...

hahaha yeaaah nice trip! although id advice against going to ek on a december weekend :P we learned our lesson the hard way. hahaha

Jayvie said...

waaaaaaaaaaaah! tawang tawa ako sa video! panic mode si Robbie hahahahahaha.

wow hindi ka lang pala magaling magbake, magaling ka din mag-edit ng video hihi.

miss ko na kayo lahat! i super duper uber to the highest level enjoyed the trip!

and smarla, you are such a sweetie talaga. you were one of those who made sure that the chikahans were always animated and filled with laughter, kahit anong topic basta walang patay na oras. bilib ako sa energy level mo! :D

ericaorange said...

oh my gosh, i didn't know na video tayo sa log jam! hahaha. at ngaun ko lang narealize na ang pangit ko tumawa :)) high pitch much? nahiya naman ako tuloy bigla XD ang hyper ko pala talaga nung araw na yun O.o anyway, ang cooooool nung video mo!! :D

Excited na ako mag binondo! :D

Di lang ikaw smarla ang mamamatay sa airsoft :P

Anonymous said...

Miss you, guys!
Sa uulitin talaga. :)

Mona said...

wow nice naman sa enchanted .. so sad i'm the only one in the family that haven't visit enchanted maybe next time.

cafémobility said...

so this is the culprit of the enduring wait line and statue standing. hahaha.

Peggy said...

Aww! Sounds like such a fun time! Bummer that you guys could only go on 3 rides though!

Rackell said...

Whoa! I also want to meet you guys.. I hope next time, invite nyo rin ako.. ^___^

♥peachkins♥ said...

WOW! Kainggit naman...Robbie is the only one I've met in person...

Smarla said...

awwww thanks jayvie :) super natouch ako sa comments mo :D awww thank you!

gawa tayo ulit ng video, pero with better lighting next time para mas maganda!

sobrang nag enjoy din akong kasama ka. taawang tawa ako sa topic diversion tactics mo! hahaha

Smarla said...

hi erica,

uy hindi kasi pangit tawa mo. :) nakakahawa kaya tawa mo!

diba, hahaha bano ako pag highly physical activities :P bahala na! :P

Smarla said...

hey will!

yeaaaah miss ko na kayo! :)

Smarla said...

hey will!

yeaaaah miss ko na kayo! :)

Smarla said...

Hi Mona

Best to go to enchanted kapag hindi december :) punta ka next year :) antayin mo munang maayos yung space shuttle :)

Smarla said...

Hi John Ray!

Yes, make fun of each other and be instant comedians! at magwala sa rides para nakakawala ng stress :P

Smarla said...

Hi Peggy

Yeaaaah too bad we only got to ride 3 rides. oh well, we made up for it with the laughs that we shared throughout the whole day :)

Smarla said...

Hi Rackell,

Sige sabihan kita next trip namin :) invite kita!

Smarla said...

Hi Peachkins,

Ah talaga? :) where and when did you meet robbie? :)

Robbie said...

Hala. Alam ko nag-comment na ako sa post na to pero parang wala. =( baka di pumasok dahil sa bwisit na internet sa bahay. hahaha.

anyway sobrang saya ng trip! it's not in the place it's in the company! hihihi. excited na ako sa Mercato at sa Binondo!!!!! <3

Smarla said...

Hey Robbie!

Talaga? Mukhang di nga pumasok, I publish all naman except spam. :)

Yup, I super had fun dahil sa company. Sa place hmmm overcrowded kasi eh. pero okay lang, masaya pa rin!

Ako rin, excited na ako kumain ng pie. Sobrang nilolook forward ko na :)