Tuesday, December 7, 2010

25 Best Food Gifts This Christmas Pt 1

Are you in need of food gifts this Christmas for those massive gift givings or for your foodie friends? 


Here's part 1 of my 25 Best Food Gifts This Christmas. :)


1. Veronica's Kitchen's My Life in Cupcakes (Php40-90 per cupcake depending on difficulty; 1 dozen cupcakes = Php500-1200+)
I've blogged about Veronica's Kitchen 3x already but great talent and intricate artistry deserve all this attention. 


The picture above shows the 1st monthsary gift I ever gave to RJ. Each cupcake had a story to tell so we became very nostalgic when I handed it to him. :) The monkey cupcake (see above) shows how detailed Veronica is in her decorating. My friend, Irish, had that made for their 2nd anniversary


I, together with my friends Irish and Andre, all had a great time ordering these cupcakes since not only is Veronica extremely talented, she's also very friendly. All of our transactions ran very smoothly plus we found a new friend in her. :) So why not give a nostalgic personalized gift that's also edible to your friends this Christmas? 


Website: Veronica's Kitchen
Contact Number: 0920-8591420
Pick Up Point: Visayas Avenue 
Lead time: 2 weeks to be safe, but if she's not busy, it can be shorter 
2. Chicago Popcorn Shops' Cheese and Caramel Popcorn (Php300/tin)
A lot of bloggers have been raving about Chicago Popcorn Shops so my sister and I bought a tin of their famous Cheese and Caramel Popcorn.


Not only is this mix of flavors delicious, it also comes in a nice, flashy tin that's perfect for gift giving. Your friend can have their tin refilled in the future for a much cheaper cost. :) Now isn't that a great gift? :)


Website: Chicago Popcorn 
Contact Number: 556-6625
Store: 3rd floor, Greenbelt 3, Makati or 2/F Entertainment Mall, Mall of Asia, Pasay
3. 12 Baskets Bakeshops' Egg Tarts (Php200/box of 6)
Are your friends in search for a best egg tarts in town? Well, you don't have to go all the way to Hong Kong or Binondo since the best egg tarts are just nestled in San Juan. 12 Baskets Bakeshop's egg tarts have been improved in order to ensure that these are the best egg tarts you'll ever have your hands on around the metro. 


When I first tasted these egg tarts, I told Fred that these tarts will definitely go places since they were so delicious. Now that it has been improved, they taste even more eggy just the way I like it. So why not share these egg tarts to your loved ones this Christmas? 


They now come in red boxes of 6 so that all you have to do is hand this great box of egg tarts to your friends this Christmas.


Website: 12 Baskets Bakeshop
Contact Number: 09209384212
Store: 38 Gen J. Gutierrez St. cor J. Abad Santos St., San Juan, Metro Manila
Operating Hours: 6AM-10PM
*Delivery option is possible 
4. Fleur De Lys' Oatmeal Chocolate Crisps (similar to Lace Cookies) (Php140/pack)
My sister received a tub of Oatmeal Chocolate Crisps for Christmas last year. I found it so delicious that I couldn't stop eating it until I finally finished the entire thing in just 2 sittings. Oops, oh yeah it was a gift to my sister, not me. Hehe. 


So when I found out that these Oatmeal Chocolate Crisps came from Fleur de Lys, I bought a whole pack for RJ so that he can share it with me. Haha, that's what you call smart gift giving. They already come in clear containers so all you have to do is place a nice bow around and you're good to go. 



Contact Number: 372-0631
Store: F.L.P Bldg., 305 Tomas Morato Ave., Quezon City, Metro Manila
Operating Hours: Su: 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
                          M, T, W, Th: 10:30 am - 12:00 mn
                          F, Sa: 10:00 am - 1:00 am
5. Banapple's Cakes (Php500-800/cake)
I've been called Ms. Banapple several times by my friends since I cannot stop raving about how amazing the foods are in Banapple, especially their rice meals. 


For this Christmas, why not give your friends a sweet ending to their meals with one of Banapple's cakes. Their cakes are on the sweet side so they are best for your sweet toothed friends. 


These cakes already come in boxes so all you have to do is buy them from the store and give them to your friends. Now being sweet has never been this easy!


Website: Banapple Kitchen
Contact Number: 413-2675
Stores: 2 in Katipunan Extension, Tomas Morato and Ayala Triangle
Operating Hours (In Tomas Morato): Su, M, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 10:30 am - 12:00 mn

---

Hope you found something here to help you in your Christmas shopping this holiday season. 


Watch out for my future posts on the other 25 Best Food Gifts This Christmas!


Feel free to suggest if you know of other great food gifts this Christmas. :)


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

20 comments:

Christine Wang said...

all look amazing but egg tarts top my list! such a traditional chinese dessert. YUM!

didn't answer a question you asked a while back about the recipes my mom had for me while i was recovering from child birth. my mom found a chinese book about healing foods and recipes. it is our tradition to have the new mom stay in the house for one month after child birth. i broke some rules because i was restless but i feel really strong and recovered. :)

hope you are enjoying your week!! <3

cafémobility said...

this is a very nice suggestion, kala ko kase kalendaryo lang ang maibigay ko sa mga friends ko this xmas, hahaha. this is a welcoming addition to the basket. :)

Jayvie said...

hello once again, Ms. Banapple! hihi. :D

this is such a sweet post from such a sweet girl like you! kinilig ako dun sa thought na ang sweet naman ng first monthsary gift mo for RJ :D

Smarla said...

Yes me too i love egg tarts although id be happy to receive any of the items I listed so far :)

wow, hmmm i'll look for a similar book for future reference. :) it's amazing how effective these chinese recipes are for healing

Smarla said...

Hi John Ray!

Haha wag naman, baka marami na ring magbigay sa kanila ng kalendaryo :P

Smarla said...

Hi Jayvie! :D

Hahaha RJ and I spoil each other lalo na nung 1st few months namin. Ngayon we still do but more of sa food trips :)

Gela said...

ooooh, great gift ideas, Smarla! if only i actually had money to spend on gifts this year, haha. but i know i'll be ecstatic if i get Banapple's banoffee pie for Christmas!


boat ride through the sky

Smarla said...

Yes I agre with you Gela, you can never go wrong with Banapple cakes :D

DAM THE NATION said...

OK. Hold up. The Veronica's Kitchen got my attention. Haha.

So, for something like the monkey thing design, it costs - maximum - of P60 only? Weh? Haha. That's insane.

Wait, where is this? I want one!! Haha. Kaso wala pala akong anniversary to celebrate. Lol.

Smarla said...

Hi Dennis,

Yup yup, roughly mga ganun. :) sympre July 2009 pa ako nagpagawa but I'm sure her prices aren't too far from that.

Nagulat din ako sa prices niya kasi i was expecting to pay much more.

It's made to order via multiply :) then pick up at Visayas Avenue, QC.

Okay lang yan, pwede ka naman magpagawa for your mom or your friends na extra special sa iyo ;)

DAM THE NATION said...

Haha. Visayas Avenue? Waaah! Not familiar with QC. Pero cge, I'll try to inquire. Thanks for that Smarla! Very helpful. Looking forward para sa Part 2. Hehe. :D

Smarla said...

Malapit sa QC circle :) let me know if you're going to QC, i can give you directions

You're welcome :D

Peggy said...

Great gift ideas! Everything sounds delicious and I would be grateful to receive any of those things!

Smarla said...

Thank you so much Peggy! :)

Irish said...

The monkey cupcakes I had made were a bit complicated, so they were more expensive. 90 per piece for the more elaborate ones, if I remember correctly :)

Smarla said...

Ah talaga? Sige update ko yung entry. Thanks Irish :D yeah ang detailed nga ng cupcakes mo :)

Smar said...

Yes I like Conti's Cakes too :) I'll write about their cakes soon :)

Maruja said...

Contis' Cakes are much better try one!:)

Smar said...

Hi Ms. Nikka! :) Here are the links to my previous blog entries about Veronica's Kitchen:

http://everydaysweetnotes.blogspot.com/2010/07/cupcake-love-story.html
http://everydaysweetnotes.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-friends-cupcake-love-story.html
http://everydaysweetnotes.blogspot.com/2010/08/unique-gift-idea-cupcake-love-story-3.html

I ordered in Veronica's Kitchen before, I'm not sure if you remember. Since then a lot of my friends have been asking where I got the cupcakes. :)

Thank you so much Ma'am Nikka! Happy new year!

Veronicaskitchen Orders said...

Hi Smarla! I chanced upon your website when an officemate at NBN4 told me about an article about VK. Thanks so much for featuring me and my creations. I am honored! :D You said at the start of this blog that you've blogged about Veronica's Kitchen for three times na. May I know where to look for it here? Your blog is so beautiful -- glossy pics, nice articles. Keep it up! God bless you dear. Happy New Year!