3 ladies, 1 night, 4 restaurants. The Tomas Morato Food Trip stops over for dessert at Fleur De Lys.
It has been nominated for Best Dessert Place by Nescafe Gold Spots 2009 Awards and its Pavlova Picasso has been part of Dessert Comes First's 6 Exciting Desserts of 2003. Who can resist dropping by this multi-awarded patisserie for dessert?
It has been nominated for Best Dessert Place by Nescafe Gold Spots 2009 Awards and its Pavlova Picasso has been part of Dessert Comes First's 6 Exciting Desserts of 2003. Who can resist dropping by this multi-awarded patisserie for dessert?
After eating in Celsius Cuisine and Ariake, my friends and I were already ready for some dessert so walked across the Boy Scout Rotonda and over to Fleur De Lys patisserie. It's almost impossible to miss with its glowing blue lighted signage.
I was looking forward to trying their Strawberry Pie which Lori described beautifully in her blog. Sad to say they didn't have any during our visit. Awwww :(
![]() |
| An Apple A Day (Php 98 per slice ala mode, Php490 whole cake) |
Chel and Kiwee were in the mood for some warm apple pie so we ordered a slice of An Apple A Day. It is a French Apple with Streusel Topping and Cheddar Cheese. I bet the description made your mouths water! It comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream too for dine-in orders.
![]() |
| Nuts About You... (Php 120 per slice with Pistachio Ice Cream, Php780 whole cake) |
I wanted something a little more interesting so I ordered a slice of Nuts About You... It is a Macadamia Nut Pie served with a scoop of Pistachio Ice Cream. I love Macadamia nuts and Pistachio so how could a dessert like this go wrong?
Without much inquiry, our pie slices were served in a cute box to go. We took a seat outside and opened the box. To our dismay, ours weren't served with ice cream scoops. I went back inside and asked for our ice cream since we did pay for them. Instead of serving our cakes on plates, we were just given 2 scoops of ice cream on little ketchup-like plastic saucers.
![]() |
| Apple Pie Slice and Macadamia Nut Pie Slice |
Disappointed with the service, we opened up our box and placed the ice cream scoops on top of our pies. I was looking forward to their nice plating but I guess this will have to do. "These better be great pies", I thought to myself.
An Apple A Day pie was just okay. I was expecting something more from its brief yet wonderfully written description.
The Nuts About You... pie is indeed a pie for macadamia nut lovers since its flavor screams macadamia swimming in light caramel syrup. The crust was baked perfectly which gives a nice crunchy bite. I wish it was a little more sweet though.
Surprisingly, I didn't particularly like the pistachio ice cream dripping all over the macadamia pie. I decided to eat them separately later on. Chel and Kiwee weren't nuts about macadamia (haha) so I was the main slayer of this cake.
![]() |
| Oatmeal Chocolate Crisps (Php140/pack) |
As we looked around the store to see its other desserts, my heart leaped when I saw those glorious thin Oatmeal Chocolate Crisps! My sister received a pack of these crisps before and I've been searching for them ever since.
Chel and I bought a pack each to bring home and we ate a few pieces as well in the store. :) Funnily, while Chel was debating with herself whether to purchase her own tub of Oatmeal Chocolate Crisps, a random customer passed by and said, "You have to buy one of those! They're extremely delicious and hard to make." Talk about walking promotional ads! Hahaha.
But it's true, these crisps are the best desserts we tried that evening in Fleur De Lys. They are thin, paper-like oatmeal sheets generously coated in savory dark chocolate. Its crispy texture and its healthy coating of chocolate will definitely leave a smile on your face.
I don't mind coming back to Fleur De Lys but only for their Oatmeal Crisps, Strawberry Pie and the much talked about, Pavlova Picasso.
I do hope their service can be improved. They have great online reviews and walking advocates but a bad service might turn away customers.
More Info on Fleur De Lys:
Address: F.L.P Bldg., 305 Tomas Morato Ave., Quezon City, Metro Manila
Map: Click Here
Driving Tips: It is located in between Belo Medical Clinic and Popular Bookstore right after the Boy Scouts Rotanda if you're coming from Roces side.
Budget: Php100-150/head
Contact Number: 372-0631
Operating Hours: Su: 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
M, T, W, Th: 10:30 am - 12:00 mn
F, Sa: 10:00 am - 1:00 am
Related Places with Great Desserts:
- EDSA Shangri-La Part 3: Dessert Bitten by a Sweet Tooth
- Maginhawa Street's Cocina Juan: The Winner Central American Dinner on 10-10-10
- Teriyaki Boy: Another Restaurant for my Green Tea Ice Cream Dessert Cravings
- Grills & Sizzles: Steak Steak Steak Buffet!!
- Meeting Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet & My 10 Awesome Food Finds of the Night
- Zong: My Cousin's 16th Birthday Celebration - Contemporary Chinese Style!
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~







11 comments:
i hope it'll be three ladies and a gentleman next time so that i have a spot. hahaha.
I have to try this out....after my diet..LOL!
Hahaha why not? I'll tell you when we're planning the next tomas morato food trip :D
Hahaha! the chocolate crisps are really addicting, it'll be hard to limit consumption of those crisps :)
Yummy ;) Thanks for the info might try to go there with hubby too. Keep it up. God Bless.
speaking of sweety goodness, have you tried Maitre Chocolate Boutique Cafe at Jupiter Street?
I haven't, hmmm chocolate boutique cafe - sounds so tempting! i'll add this to my to visit list :) thanks for this
whoa! I always see this dessert place but DH ad I never get the chance to eat there. Sayang!
xoxo
MrsM
Masarap daw yung strawberry pie! :) im sure you'll have other chances to try this place :D
i wanna try...
Yup they have great desserts :) i just hope their service will improve.
Post a Comment