After gazing at multiple Christmas trees in a client's office, I decided it was time for me to put up our Christmas decorations at home. Good thing the following day was a holiday so my sister and my mom were around to help me liven up the Christmas mood in our house.
With the smell of Christmas spirit in the air, I just want to reveal my Christmas wish list for this year. I'm usually not the type to have any special gift requests for occasions. The last time I really asked for something specific was back in grade 3 when I asked for my first bike. I got a black Batman bike! Yaaay!
I'll make this Christmas an exception since my wish list has never been this crystal clear. I want to bake! :) Yes baking gods (whut?), I want to start baking seriously and excel in it.
I'm not quite sure if I'll receive any of these items for Christmas, but I'll let the baking gods work their way. Promise, I'll let my friends taste my baking. :) But first, I hope my Christmas wish list will be granted to enable me to bake seriously.
1. Baking Mixer
After baking with Fred last September, I learned how important it is to get a really good mixer to obtain the perfect consistency of egg whites and other ingredients. I can mix by hand but I don't think I can get the right consistency unless I have bionic arms!
![]() |
| Baking Mixer (photo courtesy of prlog.org) |
After reading this month's issue of Food and Yummy magazines, I realized that I want to work with chocolate and create the perfect pies, tarts and quiches. But I can't do that without the proper pans. :)
![]() |
| Baking Pans (photo courtesy of mickeyfamily.com) |
3. Digital Baking Scale
In comparison to cooking, the result of baking is highly sensitive to the amount of ingredients that you put in. Every gram makes a HUGE difference! There's a lot of science behind baking so accuracy of measurements is key. Plus, according to my friend, Fred, it's much easier to work with a digital baking scale as opposed to measuring cups.
![]() |
| Digital Baking Scale |
I've been obsessing over food books lately and I'm constantly hungry because of them. I also purchased a food dictionary to help me read my food books. I think bulk of my money goes to food books now.
After reading Lori's reviews, I also want to add these books to my growing collection.
![]() |
| Food Book 1 (photo courtesy of free-press-release.com) |
| Food Book 2 (photo courtesy of livinginthekitchenwithpuppies.blogspot.com) |
I love cookbooks! However, I'm also very picky with the cookbooks I purchase since sourcing of ingredients can be an issue. It's a great thing there are a lot of local food magazines now. Among current local food magazines, I'm starting to love Food, Yummy and Appetite and I now buy a copy every month. I have yet to learn about the other food magazines like F&B World.
![]() |
| Food Magazine (photo courtesy of lopezlink.ph) |
![]() |
| Yummy Magazine (photo courtesy of yummy.ph) |
![]() |
| Appetite Magazine (photo courtesy of foodstyling-manila.com) |
How about you, what's on your Christmas wish list?
Happy Sunday guys!
PS. I also want to learn more about food photography and food styling. :)
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~








19 comments:
I've wanted that KitchenAid mixer for the loooongest time! In pink or white or purple, please. But it costs P25k, huhu!
I hope the Baking Gods heed your wishes!:) my mom has the exact same mixer! in white hehe.
Yeaaah it's expensive :O i want it in any color just as long as i have a mixer :P
Hi Ava, I really hope so too! wooow im so jealous. Baking's really fun, it's like a grown up version of bahay bahayan :)
KitchenAid mixer!!! waaah! i want that too! :)
Yeaaah a mixer will make baking much more fun :D plus you'll get the perfect mix!
Haha you're so adorable in the first picture! :)
The Kitchenaid is at the top of my "All I've Wanted Since Forever" list. Hehe :P
Oh no! Smarla's going to put Fred out of business soon.
Hi Genine! :D yeees I've always been envious of friends with Kitchenaid :D
Hi Chinnie, hahaha I promise not to touch Fred's expertise that's why I'm going to try tarts, pies and quiches rather than breads :D
oh noh, chef buddy trinidad(of park avenue desserts) will run out of job and will be making a career detour. :)
where's the maginhawa resto feature.
aaaww!! i suddenly missed my Mom! she used to bake cakes and sell them :D
go go Smarla, i hope you get all those on your wishlist :D
Hi John Ray
hahaha! :)) he's more into cakes naman, im sure we both have a spot in the dessert world.
I haven't written the Maginhawa restos I've visited recently. I've written 2 Maginhawa restos in the past: Cocina Juan and Delish. Here are the links:
http://everydaysweetnotes.blogspot.com/2010/10/maginhawa-streets-cocina-juan-winner.html
http://everydaysweetnotes.blogspot.com/2010/09/maginhawa-streets-delish-where-i-fell.html
Hi Jayvie,
really? :D what cakes did she bake before?
Yeaaah I really wish I get them too :D
Certified foodie ka talaga Smarla!
I hope you get your Christmas wishes!
Then bake for us, your readers! Hahaha.
Yes, promise, I'll bake for my readers :D
Hey, We looked for this blog on Bing and just wished to state thanks for the superb study. I would need to trust it, thanks once again!
Thank you!
Post a Comment