Saturday, January 22, 2011

Valentine's Day # 11: Casa Xocolat for the Chocolate Lovers

Looking for a tucked away home for artsy chocolate lovers this Valentine's Day? Cozy up in this homey chocolate bar around Katipunan!

Casa Xocolat is one of my favorite hideouts in Katipunan. Not only do they offer free wifi and outlets, it's the perfect home to simply sit back, relax and enjoy a soothing cup of hot chocolate. 
There are other Casa Xocolat outlets but this branch's eclectic antiques, mismatched chairs and thoughtfully hand painted tables have captured my heart. Their laid back atmosphere simply invites you to lounge on their couch the entire day. No wonder it also attracts a lot of students and local artists. So if your Valentine's date is a creative soul and a chocoholic, s/he'll will definitely fall in love with this place. 
Even though I'm no longer in Katipunan as much, I find myself coming back to this old house converted into a coffee shop for the sheer love of chocolate. Casa Xocolat offers a variety of crazy chocolate concoctions. They have hot chocolates infused with mint, cinnamon, alcohol and even peanut butter! Aside from the common brownies, bars, cookies and cakes, they also offer chocolate fondues (perfect for sharing!) and meals topped off with chocolate. 
Xocolat Chicken Pasta (Php175)
The dish that makes the chocoholic in me go crazy is their Xocolat Chicken Pasta. It's pasta tossed in a light cream sauce with cacao rubbed chicken strips, topped off with chocolate shavings. I know it sounds crazy to have chocolate in pasta, but I swear, I cannot get enough it! It's so light with a chocolate kick that will leave you wanting for more. After running the bread all over the plate for that last flavorful bite, chocolate in pasta already sounds perfectly normal to me. :P
Frozen Hot Xoco (Php165)
The menu's description of their Frozen Hot Xoco, "xocolat sherbet balls, a connoisseur's choice!", tickled me into ordering this dessert. It reminds me a lot of my childhood Milo and freezer concoctions but with a lot more class. They use intensely dark chocolate for this sherbet, paired with fruit strips for that citrus note. Truly a refreshing dessert that will cleanse the palate. 
Casa Xocolat is the coffee shop to go to on Valentine's Day if you're after a very quiet and relaxing evening with a chocolate twist. It is perfect for a short date for budding couples or for a laid back date for old couples. But if you're out to impress, treat your date to Casa Xocolat only for drinks and desserts. 

More Info on Casa Xocolat:
Address: 172 B. Gonzales St. Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila
Map: Click Here
Landmark: Same street as Bo's Coffee
Menu: Click Here
Budget: Php250/head
Contact: (02) 929-4186, (632) 927-1990, xocoholics@xocolat.com.ph
Operating Hours: 
Payment Methods: Cash, Visa, Mastercard 
Outfit: Casual
Other Branches: Promenade, near Eastwood City, Serendra


---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :) 


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~

4 comments:

Smar said...

talaga? hmmm sige, I'll see what I can do about that.

Yes, they have a branch in Promenade but small lang. Magkaiba sila ng feel ng Katipunan branch since nasa loob ng mall pero masarap pa rin yung hot chocolate nila. :) sobrang comfort drinks ko yung mga hot chocolate nila :)

MrsMartinez said...

Hi
Finally, I was reloading your page 5 times. Your comment section was not showing hehe
I think this cfe has a brach in Greenhills, right? After I tasted Swiss Miss choco with mint (I loved it) I will try the combination here ; )

xoxo
MrsM

Smar said...

awwww! It's okay :) marami namang iba pang food na hindi ka allergic :)

Theofratus Aurelius said...

awww come on, thats one of the place that i cannot visit....hmmppp stupid allergies of mine...
grrrr!!!

hahahA LOL