Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An All Girl Bloggers Date at Capricciosa

Who says the day before Valentine's Day has to be uneventful? 


Here's my pre-Valentine's date with fellow bloggers at Capricciosa. :)



February 13 surprisingly became a day to look forward to as I met with fellow bloggers for lunch. Trixie came up with the idea of a pre-Valentine's date with bloggers but she sadly got sick that day. Dahlia, Rackell and I decided to push through anyway, with hopes of jumpstarting a series of blogger food trips in the future. 
Originally we were set to eat in Mesa but the extremely humid weather made it unbearable to dine without airconditioning. After walking around Greenbelt, we finally settled for Capricciosa since my Italian food lover friend, Chel, recommended it to me before. 


This Italian restaurant unbelievably originated from Japan, with over 140 branches there. Japanese chef, Masaaki Honda, studied and lived in Italy before retiring in his homeland. In the process, he put up his own Italian restaurant in Shibuya, Tokyo. Now Capricciosa has expanded to Guam, Korea and Taiwan. The Philippine owners learned of the restaurant in Guam and brought it to the country back in 2006. They currently run two branches, one in Greenbelt and another in Greenhills. 


Capricciosa (Php485)
Despite its non-Italy origin, Capricciosa serves Italian cuisine that will transport you to Italy. After reading Eat, Pray, Love, I was dying to go to Naples for a slice of their pizza. It was then a must that we order their Napoleon style pizza, Capricciosa Pizza. It's their house specialty topped with salty salami, bacon that are balanced off with mushrooms and bell peppers. 

The best thing about this pizza is its amazingly crunchy thin crust! I've never been to Naples but the crunchiness of the crust is exactly how I imagined my Naples pizza to be like. I'm dreaming about Italy again! One day I will eat pizza there.
Seafood Spaghetti (Php365)
For our pasta, Dahlia suggested their Seafood Spaghetti, which I easily agreed to since it's another house specialty. Gloriously cooked in their thick special tomato sauce, this spaghetti is tossed with fresh shrimp, squid, tuna, mussels and clams and served with sauteed garlic. I'm not quite sure what's behind their special tomato sauce but it went so well with the main star of this dish, the mighty generous serving of fresh seafood! I couldn't get enough of those mussels and clams. Yum yum! 
Rice Croquette, Sicilian Style (Php310 - we got this for free!)
Finally for "dessert", Rackell used her Ayala card so we received a free Rice Croquette! We were expecting a free dessert but I honestly didn't mind the extra dish since I was still hungry. Hahaha, I now blame RJ for my ever growing appetite! 

It was served on a plate like a huge meatball drenched in a pool of meaty tomato sauce. It's visually unappealing until you cut right through the breaded ball, releasing rice embraced by the most mouthwatering gooey mozzarella cheese. This is definitely a dish perfect for souls in need of comforting! Heck, it's so good, I can have it any day. I'm so grateful that we discovered this dish through Rackell's Ayala card. :D It was actually my favorite dish from our visit. 
So on the usual uneventful February 13, I had an amazing pre-Valentine's date with two amazing bloggers. Thank you so much Dahlia and Rackell. I'm so glad I finally met you Rackell! Hopefully this is just the beginning of even more food trips with even more bloggers in the future. 

If you're interested to come along with us in our future food trips, just let me know so I can invite you. :)

For more on our All Girl Bloggers Date, read Rackell's blog on it here


PS. I invited Rackell and Dahlia (+ other bloggers) to my recent Binondo trip with TK bloggers but they couldn't make it. So they're planning to go this Saturday instead. Feel free to tag along if you want, just let me know so I can arrange it with them. I'll try my best to come but I might have work on Saturday. :P


More Info on Capricciosa:
Address: 3/F Greenbelt 3, Paseo de Roxas cor. Legaspi St., Ayala Center, Makati City
Map: Click Me
Contact: (02) 757-7811
Operating Hours: Su, M, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 10:00 am - 12:00 mn
Menu: Click Me
Budget: Php400/head
Payment: Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Amex
Outfit: Casual
Other Branches: Greenhills


---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :) 


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~

12 comments:

Smar said...

I love Bellini's and I like Derf's sa Katipunan! :) When I'm feeling adventurous, I try the odd flavors of Sandy's Pizza.

Good reviews by the way ang Gino's pizza near Cello's

John Ray Cabrera said...

speaking of pizza, what is your best pizza pala.

Smar said...

Yes medyo pricey nga. :P But between Marciano's and Capricciosa (both in Greenbelt 3), go for Capricciosa. Mas lamang ang Marciano's sa ambiance but the food is better in Capricciosa - well at least in my opinion. :)

Gaaaame food trip na along Maginhawa!

Smar said...

Thank you so much Kaye :) Welcome to Everyday Sweet Notes!

Robbie Bautista said...

Pricey! But next time I go out and have dinner with my friends, I'll recommend this to them. The pizza looks goooood! For sharing na naman ata yung dishes nila so I guess the price is fine. Thanks Smarla!

Parang kelangan kong gawing goal na kainan lahat ng na-blog mo nang places. Wahahaha! Ang sasarap kais ehhhh.

Kaye Langit-Luistro Voice-over said...

Now I'm salivating for Capricciosa. Thanks for the beautifully written piece!
More power!
Kaye
http://kayelangit-luistro.blogspot.com/

Smar said...

Go tuloy niyo lang :D i'll see if I can go :)

Smar said...

I'll see pa, may project pa kasi kaming tinatapos and mukhang aabot til Saturday :O

Rackell Lumberio said...

weehh.. i love your post smarla.. ^_^ Galing!
so are we going out this Saturday?

chef_d said...

Had fun with you guys! Waaahhh...sana you can make it on Saturday! If not....huhu

Smar said...

Uy it's okay! :) May next time pa :D

Trixie said...

:( now i feel bad for having stood you guys up. :'(