Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day # 6: Kiss Your Date and Kiss the Cook!

Can you guess where you could get this heavenly dark chocolate gelato? :) 

Will you believe me if I told you that that gelato is from a Maginhawa Street restaurant? 
Gone are the days that you have to travel all the way to Makati to dine in posh restaurants. 
Situated in the laid back, artsy neighborhood of Maginhawa street, Kiss the Cook Gourmet serves high quality gourmet dishes that are all crafted with love by Chef Waya Araos. 
Despite the sophistication that Kiss the Cook Gourmet offers, they stay true to the creative vibe of the neighborhood with artistic body paintings and sculptures. Jazz singers, Gou de Jesus and Melvin Sumalinog, also grace the restaurant's Wednesday nights starting from eight in the evening. Without the slightest hint of snobbish exclusivity, they warmly welcome their customers with superb service and homey ambiance. 
Spicy Nippon Wings (Php185)
Since it was a lazy Sunday, RJ and I were longing to be nurtured with food that are cooked with much love. We started our meal with such delectable Spicy Nippon Wings, perfectly seasoned with garlic and chilis that provide a spicy kick. The cook definitely gave these wings the much needed attention as she cooked them twice, producing chicken that effortlessly falls off its bones. 
Italian Short Rib Stew (Php355) 
Another dish kissed by the cook is their Italian Short Rib Stew. A tender beef dish that affirms the saying "good things come to those who wait", these ribs are slowly braised in wine and tomatoes. To balance off the flavors, it is served with a very muted pesto spaghetti and a fresh salad. 


We were hypnotized by its titillating aroma the moment it stepped out of the kitchen. Who knew that its smell was only a peek into the meat's succulence? Every bite was bursting with flavors that we couldn't get enough of! We wiped out this ceramic plate even after we finished the ribs. 
Sirloin Beef and Brie (Php195) 
Even though RJ and I were already full, we just fell head over heels with the cook so we ordered yet another dish that demanded time, Sirloin Beef and Brie. This aged ground sirloin, together with brie, caramelized onions and fresh vegetables, are sandwiched between a whole wheat pandesal bun. Taking aside the disappointingly dry bread, the rest of the sandwich was superb! Extremely beefy and juicy, it's a manly man's burger that made RJ smile even more. 
Trufette (Php180)
We were ready to walk off the much added weight as we rubbed our well loved stomach. Suddenly, our friend Nash (who happened to be in the restaurant too) came over to our table and passionately swore that we should try Truffete for dessert. 


So after two inhales and exhales, we made stomach room for their dark chocolate gelato nugget topped with cherries and served with Bailey's cream. Its rich chocolate melts orgasmically in your mouth with a creamy, alcoholic finish. It's an unforgettable dessert that continues to beckon me, even in my sleep!
If you're a die hard dark chocolate person, I must tell you, YOU MUST TRY THIS DESSERT. Seriously.  

So on Valentine's Day, you don't need to go too far to impress your date. Kiss the Cook Gourmet provides premium gourmet dishes that are all cooked with love. Their meals are simply superb that you might even be tempted to kiss the cook! 


More Info on Kiss the Cook Gourmet:
Address: 65 Maginhawa Street, UP Village, Diliman, Quezon City , Diliman
Contact: 434-3700 (Phone), kissthecookcafe@gmail.com 
Operating Hours: Mon-Fri 11am-2pm and 6pm-11pm; Sat 8AM-12PM; Sun 8am-9pm
Budget: Php250-400/head
Payment: Cash, Visa, Mastercard
Outfit: Casual


---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :) 


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~

14 comments:

Smar said...

Yes rice would go great with it :) yes, super sarap ng meat. super super tender!

Badet said...

I had their Italian Short Rib Stew during our visit, and just like what I wrote on my blog, I want it paired with rice, hehe... The meat is so tender!

Smar said...

Yes, I must say it's one dessert that we ate na sobrang dramatic namin sa sarap :)

Smar said...

sweaaar, one of the best desserts ever :D

Smar said...

Girl yung cook, ito ginogoogle ko - http://profiles.friendster.com/48159247

stalker much! :D

Smar said...

I know. Ang takaw talaga namin. Pwede na kami pang Philippine eating team.

Girl yung cook :P

Smar said...

Haha, oo naman, close! :)

Thank you so much Robbie. food trip tayo, Binondo!! :D

Smar said...

Ako naman, whenever I visit your blog, I want to book a flight na! :D

AVA said...

Wow! I love the place! Artsy!! hehe i want! And that gelato is to drool for!

Robbie Bautista said...

Oo nga. Cute ba ang cook? Pwede ba talagang i-kiss? Wahahaha.

Robbie Bautista said...

I second the motion!

Smarlaaaaaaaa!!!! Wala gusto lang kita sigawan. Hahaha. Close? Lol.
Seriously, keep up the awesome work of informing us about these awesome places to eat. Kung may pera lang ako kakainan ko lahat ng na-review mo na. =)

RN said...

wow! nakakagutom naman.. sarap ng Trufette.. yipee!!!

Jayvie said...

"Their meals are simply superb that you might even be tempted to kiss the cook!"- ang tanong, cute ba si Cook? chos!

ay good things come to those who wait. isang malaking check!! grabe, sa kwento mo pa lang, parang nabundat na ako. andami nyong nakain hihihi :D

Ed said...

wow, everytime I visit your blog, nagugutom ako kahit kakakain ko lang! haha