Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Katsudon Way of Missing

Katsudon and missing someone in one sentence? 


I would never dare call myself an emotional eater...not until this summer! I usually write when I'm overcome with emotions but in the midst of a wedding, a family reunion, multiple store openings and simultaneous side projects, there's barely enough room to squeeze in more than brief scribbles on my planner. 


Despite this, people tend to spare me at least 30 minutes to eat whenever I'm hungry. I reckon they feel utmost guilt with the idea of depriving an underweight her meal time. Haha. Given the craziness of my schedule lately, I've slowly transformed into an emotional eater. 
I've been eating Katsudon nonstop as if I've been hit by the "deep fried pork + egg" bug. I order Katsudon wherever I go - may it be in a buzzing food court, a humble cafeteria or a restaurant. It doesn't really matter as long as it's Katsudon. Heck, it might even be a great idea to even do a Katsudon comparison after a whole summer of eating Katsudon. 


Though I'm far from being its biggest fan, a bowl of eggy Katsudon triumphantly comforts me with thoughts of my favorite food partner. It has its own "magical" way of bringing me closer to him. Katsudon, after all, is his favorite food. I guess while he's not around, my Katsudon craving will remain unstoppable. 


So yes, this is my way of missing people, in this case, my Katsudon way of missing my food partner. It's weird. I know. But it works for me. 


As summer is drawing to a close and my taste buds are slowly running tired of Katsudon, I'm glad I'm finally having my last bowl of Katsudon today.


Welcome back. :)


---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :) 
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~

8 comments:

Smar said...

thanks Ela! :D 

Ela said...

Ang sweet :D

Smar said...

Hi Hannah! :) It's usually available in Japanese restaurants

Smar said...

next week? :D nakakabaliw kasi itong week, hindi na ako makahinga. :P

Hannah J. Holmes said...

that looks delicious, like a great comfort food. i'd love to try some someday :) 

Robx Bautista said...

Manila na ulit ako. Free ako any day except Wednesday. Hihihi.

Smar said...

awwww thanks Robbie! :D It has reached a point na pinagsasabihan na ako ni RJ na magsulat ako. Haha.

kailan na balik mo? may green tea food trip pa tayo ni Dash!

Robx Bautista said...

Smarlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I miss your everyday sweet notes!!! <3
I'm glad you're back na! :D