Saturday, August 21, 2010

Say Good Morning with a Sweet Note

The best part about waking up is knowing that someone wants you to wake up and have a great day. Haha this opening line made me remember Folger's tagline.

A simple good morning text or good morning call is enough to make someone's day. :) If your love one is a morning coffee person, then maybe slipping in a sweet note for personalized cups. Just like in Sarah-John Lloyd's A Very Special Love! <3 (Sorry couldn't find a movie clip of that scene)


Or better yet, why not make him a personalized mug or personalized tumbler? With this, he can carry your sweet note around with him the whole day.


I got RJ a personalized tumbler for one of our monthsaries. I think it was August of last year? He was always studying in coffee shops so I figured, why not give him a coffee tumbler. Of course I want it to be personalized so I bought the Design-Your-Own-Tumbler from Starbucks. 
Here's how to design the Starbucks tumbler:


  1. Unscrewed the bottom black part and take out the insert paper. 
  2. Trace the edges of the insert paper onto another paper in order to get the correct dimensions of the tumbler and draw on this new paper within the borders. 
  3. OR measure the dimensions of the insert paper and input its measurement values in photoshop/digital art software (like powerpoint, here's a link to the tutorial in using powerpoint for designing: old blog entry)
  4. From steps 2 or 3, design your tumbler paper using words, pictures, doodles or whatever. Wait for it to dry. 
  5. Print it if it's digitally made. Then cut the paper around the edges
  6. Insert it back on the bottom part of the cup! Screw the black cap on.  
  7. Viola! Personalized cup! A perfect way to say good morning :) 


You can always of course hire a manufacturer to personalize a tumbler or a mug for you. I think it's just sweeter if you do it yourself. Nothing beats handwritten stuff too. 

How do you say good morning to your love ones? :) 


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~


Thanks to the following for their pictures/videos:
C.Chong of Flickriver.com
xendolev.typepad.com
images.stylershub.multiply.com
Folgers Coffee