August 4, 2010 - Marcos Highway was hell. Flocks of passengers were stranded on the street, cars were barely moving and some have simply decided to park their cars somewhere and just walk home.
We tried waiting it out for the traffic to subside; however, it was already almost 10 PM and the situation hasn't gotten any better. When we decided to face Marcos Highway traffic, we kept on thinking of possible routes. We thought of coming from Cinco Hermanos and entering Marcos Highway just before SM Marikina or going through Riverbanks underneath and pass through SSS village. We tried so many routes but we had to keep turning back. We eventually ended up going through the route near Eastwood to enter Marcos Highway via Santolan.
We chose a good route to skip most of the Marcos Highway traffic but we still had to deal with it from Santolan all the way to Sta. Lucia. We thought that after the malls, the roads will already clear up since that's the normal occurrence in this part of town. However, the traffic reached all the way up to Masinag (and maybe even further along).
By the time we were able to crawl up to Shell station (the one with Mocha Blends), we saw that people were just parking their cars there and walking. That was scary. Is the water that deep? Other cars decided to take over the other side of the road and do a counterflow. Do we want to follow them? We decided to stay put for awhile between the two lanes with our car on hazard. Eventually, we decided to follow the counterflow cars on the other side of the road since it provided us more options to choose another route.
In front of us, we could already see that the counterflow cars created even bigger problems. They totally blocked off the other road! It was when we decided to park the car in a nearby village and just walk home. I was more than willing to thank my friend for baring the traffic with me all the way and walk by myself home. Instead, my friend accompanied me for a good 15 minute mud obstacle course up until we reached our house. Our feet and our pants were drenched in brown watery mud but when I saw my room, it was all worth it. :)
My friend had to walk back to his car afterwards and drive home. He had to endure another 15 minute mud obstacle course but this time on his own. I really thanked him so much and asked him to text me the moment he got back to his car and when he gets home. It was a crazy bad night but having a great friend like him made me forget how bad it is. I was just in awe at how great my friend is. Thank you very much :)
I just had to write this because I want to thank my friend for bearing that traffic with me and for being so caring. I also want to share how that terrible moment transformed into a blessing because of one solid sweet gesture. (I suddenly remember Theology 151 - Timothy Radcliffe's "I Will Awake the Dawn". Haha.) Rather than the big romantic surprise stories, it's really the everyday small things that matter.
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
PS. I couldn't find a traffic picture of Marcos Highway so the picture is in EDSA. But yeah, it was also traffic all the way from Fort. Thanks to awesomepinoys.blogspot.com for the picture

No comments:
Post a Comment