Friday, August 6, 2010

Say it, right then, out loud

When I woke up this morning, I suddenly remembered one of the killer lines from the movie, "My Best Friend's Wedding": 

Michael O'Neill: Kimmy says if you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just... 
Julianne Potter: Passes you by... 
Michael O'Neill: Passes you by... 



This statement does not only apply to romantic love. :) It applies even to our family and friends. We tend to forget to say "I love you" and "thank you" during the good times. We tend to take for granted of the most important things when every thing's going well. Okay enough preachy talk :P 


My Best Friend's Wedding is one of my favorite movies. I especially love the musical direction. The music carried the emotions of a lot of the scenes in this film. Here are some of my other favorite scenes. :) 
Warning: These are spoiler scenes, better to watch the whole film first before watching these clips.

This song is "You Don't Know Me" by Jann Arden :) Super ouch lyrics if you listen to it. Here's the link to the complete lyrics.

They used the song, "What the World Needs Now" by Jackie DeShannon. Don't you just love how they used music here? :) Here's the link for the complete lyrics


Of course not all confessions of love end up this way or nor am I an advocate of destroying couples. Things could have probably ended differently if only Julianne said this a few years earlier. Hmm.. I wonder, what if Julianne did say it earlier, would they end up together? 


"If you love someone, say it, right then, out loud. Otherwise, the moment just passes you by"


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

No comments: