Sometimes it's really the thought that counts.
Okay, I'm just saying that to make me feel better about a gift I gave RJ in June. Hahaha.
Since June marked the start of the rainy season, I wanted to get him a really nice jacket that he can easily throw on before heading out. After scouring Glorietta and Landmark, I finally found the perfect classy but simple jacket for RJ!
I got it from Penshoppe. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the whole jacket but it's a black, white and gray jacket - very easily matchable colors. It's something like this but better looking:
I had a hard time choosing between two jackets that I asked the sales clerk what would he buy if he were me. :) He seemed to be a stylish guy so it was great that I got advice from him. Haha thanks Penshoppe Glorietta for helpful salespeople!
Anyway, I wanted some personal touch to it so I decided to "embroider" a small part of the cuff area of the jacket. He's right handed so I wanted to put it on the right cuff. I wanted this embroidery so that he can glance at it whenever he needs a little boost. :)
Sweet idea? Haha well did I forget to mention that I suck in sewing? I got a 14/25 for my apron when I was in grade school! But I liked the idea so I decided to proceed anyway. Here's the result:
Okay, what do you think the word is?
RJ couldn't figure it out until I told him. When he was like, "Huh, what is this?" I knew I really suck in sewing. :P I did my best though - I really did. It took me a long time to finish that "embroidery."
Anyway, it's supposed to be "smarj" - our jologs couple name given to us by our friend Chico in our Evaluation Committee (EvCom) days in college. It's a combination of our names Smarla and RJ. Jologs! Hahaha.
I hope you were able to read the word sewn on the jacket so that I don't feel too bad about my sewing skills. :) My only consolation is that it looks good on him! And now that I told him what is written on the jacket, he can now see it. Haha.
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
Thanks to the following for the pictures of sewing and the jacket:
ebay.com
chicagofashionresource.com


No comments:
Post a Comment