I'm a big fan of quaint and artsy restaurants so I was delighted to see a read from Boy Kuripot's blog about this new restaurant in Maginhawa street: Delish. Yaaay food trip!
| From Boy Kuripot's Blog: Entrance of Delish |
Maginhawa Street is slowly becoming a hub of homey restaurants. When we were looking for Delish, we saw other restaurants that were calling out my name. Yes, restaurants call out my name. Haha. We saw Cocina Juan, Kiss the Cook Cafe, Pino resto bar, Tomato Kick, Gayuma (it's baaack!) and Taberna Ocho. Yaaaay more future food trips!
Last Sunday, my friend Gian and I had our minds set on trying out Delish so we went straight to the restaurant (After getting lost once! Tip: turn left instead of right at Mini Stop near CP Garcia). From CP Garcia, Delish is pretty nearby, it's just across Cocina Juan. It has a huge lighted signage and blue interior lighting make it easily noticeable.
![]() |
| Haha I look stunned. I didn't know he took this photo! |
One thing that I really like about the place is how supportive they are of local artists. They hang paintings of UP students in the restaurants. You can also purchase them in the store.
They sell it at around Php5,000-10,000 each. Okay, from now on I'm going to start painting. I kid! But wow, I didn't know paintings could go up that high while you're still a student. Anyway, those are really good paintings. Good job UP students!
Of course, Delish is more popular for their delicious food, hence the name of the place. Here are some of the dishes that we tried:
![]() |
| Eggplant and Pumpkin Soup Duo (Php90) |
Hahaha I get so distracted - going back... Since I read from another blog, Marriage and Beyond, that the Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken is a winner dish, I decided to try it as well.
![]() |
| Crispy Marinated Chicken with Honey and Fried Garlic Chips (Php185) |
Since I'm really not good at eating chicken, I had to eat it with my hands. Gian said I was massacring the chicken so he urged me to eat it with my hands. It was a good idea since I had an excuse to keep using their really cool faucet! Check this out!
Isn't the faucet so cute? :) It reminded me of waterfalls. After using the faucet, Gian came back to the table and handed me my camera, "Use the faucet! Astig!"
Gian was trying to be healthy and all so he decided to try their salad. Sorry, I forgot how much it is. I wasn't able to read any reviews about this dish so I really didn't know what to expect. Gian said it was okay but if the dish is a company, it's not their "main competency." Whut? Haha, such a corporate nerd! :))
So what Delish's "main competency"?
![]() |
| Baked Oysters with Spinach, Bacon and Herbs (P220) |
Don't they look mouthwatering? Don't worry, they don't just look mouthwatering, they really taste heavenly! I'm a seafoods girl so I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to oysters, sashimis, shrimps and crabs. I must say I fell in love with these oysters. :) The toppings highlighted the freshness of the oysters. Simply delectable! From what I read from Boy Kuripot's blog, their chef is from Via Mare. No wonder they have such delicious oysters!
If you're going to Delish, make sure you try out this dish. Plus, if your bill gets over Php1000, the restaurant will serve you a free oyster dish! *clap clap* This promo is only up to September 15.
Aside from the fresh oysters, I must say I also love their service. They have the best waiters. I think they are the nicest waiters I've met, seriously. They must have good bosses. They were very attentive, respectful and funny too! Gian loves to joke with waiters and they genuinely laughed at his jokes. Hmm.. or were they just being nice? Joke! They refill your water immediately and they give good advice for food choices. They also tell you their promos (like their 3 for P100 beer) without the usual annoying salesman tone. Good job! I was too shy to take their photos and I didn't want to look stalker-ish so I don't have their pictures. We went on a Sunday dinner time, so I guess that must be their regular shift. :)
Gian and I had a great time in Delish. Their oysters and superb service will always be at the back of my head from now on. Haha :) I recommend this restaurant to barkadas who want an inuman hangout (best to stay outside for inuman) or to friends/lovers who want to enjoy a great evening meal.
More info on Delish:
Address: 103 Maginhawa Street, Teacher's Village, Diliman, Quezon City
Phone: 3555421
Hours: Mon-Sun, 11AM-2AM
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~









6 comments:
Hey
That's my brother's restaurant! lol
Glad you like their food and service!
Please do come back!
i also have an entry from the bloggers night organize a weeks back
http://mrsmartinezravesandrants.blogspot.com/2010/09/delish-restaurant-bloggers-night.html
xoxo
MrsM
Hi Mrs Martinez! :)
Yes I read your blog entry before going there. I actually read the blogs of the bloggers you invited so that I know what to order when I went there. :) the bloggers event was a great idea! Im definitely coming back! thank you so much.
this is very good for you, ybg :)
Thank you! what's ybg? :)
Yup tell your brother he hired the best waiters! :)
Nice! I will tell my brother about your rave review!
xoxo
MrsM
Post a Comment