Gigi wasn't too sure what triggered the infection, but the last thing she ate was a piece of chicken from Greenwich.
| John Lloyd Cruz - Greenwich Endorser |
John Lloyd, why did you fail us? Joke! I'm just finding another excuse to put a John Lloyd picture here. Hehehe. Even though it's not certain that the chicken's the culprit, Gigi surely won't be having any Greenwich products for awhile.
I completely understand her, I promised never to eat Papaitan and Burger King again after those horrible food poisoning episodes. Food poisoning really is a horrible experience! It drains out all of your energy since it dehydrates you so much from a never ending diarrhea and throwing up marathon (hence the need for a dextrose). Plus, you feel constantly unclean and sloppy.
Anyway, I decided to visit Gigi in Salve Regina hospital. When I entered the room, I was warmly welcomed by a bunch of college Ateneo Christian Life Community (ACLC) orgmates!
![]() |
| ACLC orgmates! |
They were in the middle of a Bridge game when I came in. Haha of course, the beloved ACLC card game! Our orgmates really love this game. They used to cut some of their classes just to play this game. Haha addicts!
Going back, what I found truly amazing was that these guys visited her in between classes. They had to rush back to school afterwards. They also really made an effort to entertain her - they brought the ACLC room to her hospital room and played Bridge there! Aww good job guys! You make me proud to be an ACLCer. :)
This was really important since her room does not have any source of entertainment whatsoever. No TV, no radio, no frequent nurse/doctor visits.
I could see this visit really made Gigi happy. She was so happy that I almost forgot we were in a hospital and that she was a patient here for 3 days already. She looks great, doesn't she? :) Friends really do cure any kind of disease.
It was important to me to see her get well because they are our 1st years, our dear babies, our newbies or as Jiza (a fellow batchmate) says, "noobies!" It was weird knowing that they are currently in their third year in college already. I think I'll forever see them as our 1st years. :)
![]() |
| Looking at this photo, it seems like I just photoshopped them together in one photo! Haha! I didn't! |
It was great seeing them again. Awww our dear first years, Gigi, Andrea and Margaux! The twins or course still look fabulous in this photo. :)
I'm also very proud of my dear soul Brent. From being a pasaway soul, you've grown up to be more pasaway. JOKE! Haha peace soul :) I also missed Aldwin. Aldwin!! :) Awww we go way back to high school. :)
They left the deck of cards with Gigi so she can also play with them to kill time. It's a simple gift but I found it really meaningful because it's has ACLC's signature all over it. It certainly is ACLC's own simple way of saying "get well soon" and "play bridge with us again!" Haha.
I stayed for a bit longer to catch up with Gigi and keep her company while her Tita was still on her way there. I had a great time. In as much as food poisoning (specifically amoebiasis) sucks, I think there are blessings in getting sick as well. People step it up and really go out of their way to say "I care."
Get well soon Gigi!
ACLC, I miss you! :)
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
Thank you to the following for the Ondoy, JL and amoebiasis pics:
bikolexpress.net
philstar.com
nursingcrib.com







No comments:
Post a Comment