Yesterday I made sure I will be at home to watch Game 2 of the Ateneo vs FEU UAAP Basketball Finals. I was barely able to watch Game 1 last Saturday because I so busy hopping from one place to another. My mom was texting me the whole time to keep my updated. Thanks mom :) Ateneo won by a landslide in Game 1: 72-49.
I was finally able to watch Game 2 with my mom at home. It's always fun watching UAAP with her because we scream and cheer like crazy! You'll see what I mean when you watch the video below. :P I was texting RJ and Gian the whole time to keep them updated since they didn't have access to a television.
I won't attempt to make a comprehensive basketball write up here since I'm not any good at that (yet! who knows? haha), unlike my basketball writer friend, Favian. FEU was roaring from the very start with the almost unstoppable 3 points and 2 points while Ateneo's play was flaking. However, Ateneo picked it up starting the 2nd quarter and it was a tight game all through out! It was really a good game. Gian replied twice to my score update texts saying, "Ang dikit!" (Translation: It's close!) Here's the breakdown of the scores at the end of each quarter:
1st Qtr- ADMU 13 - FEU 22
2nd Qtr- ADMU 30 - FEU 31
3rd Qtr - ADMU 52 - FEU 50
4th Qtr - ADMU 65- FEU 62
FEU did not make it easy for Ateneo, but we were finally able to bring up the lead to more than 2 points in the 4th quarter. Surprisingly, when I decided to take a video of the last few minutes of the game, Ryan Buenafe suddenly threw a 3-point shot, sealing our back-to-back-to-back win (see video)! WOHOOO! :D I think he threw it with 22 seconds remaining in the game, making the lead to 5 points!
 |
| TV Screen Shots of the Ateneo's Hot Ryan Buenafe |
We kept screaming and jumping on the bed as Ryan Buenafe made his hot "showing-off-my-Ateneo-jersey" move to the crowd. I texted RJ, "Ang hot n ryan!!! 3 pts!!"
 |
| TV Screenshot of Ateneo Team's Group Hug |
After this shot, Austria (Ateneo) made 1 more point with his free throw. This made it impossible for FEU to make a comeback despite Cervantes' (FEU) 3-point shot with 2 seconds remaining.
 |
| Final Score |
There were many doubters whether this year's Ateneo Basketball team could win another championship since their go-to guys (Jai Reyes, Nonoy Baclao and Rabeh Al-Hussaini) graduated last year. I'm so proud of this team, they really played as one team. There were no standout leaders this year - they all played well. :) Good job!
 |
| TV Screen Shot of Ateneo's Kirk Long (hihihi :*) |
 |
| TV Screenshot of Ateneo's Nico Salva |
 |
| TV Screen Shot of Finals MVP Ryan Buenafe |
 |
| TV Screen Shot of Ateneo's Smiley Eric Salamat :D |
I'm so proud! Ang sarap maging Atenista! (Translation: It feels good to be an Atenean)
 |
| TV Screen Shot of Ateneo fans! |
Time to get a 3-peat shirt! RJ already asked if I could buy him one too. Hahaha. TIme to visit Ateneo :D
We're excited to go to the Bonfire on Sunday! I want to hug Ryan Buenafe! He's the game's best player and Finals MVP! He finished off with 23 points and 6 rebounds. He impressed me so much that I posted on facebook, "Ang hot talaga ng mga ryan." Haha, right RJ? :P
 |
| Ateneo Coach Norman Black - 3peat Championship Coach! |
 |
| I want this shirt! |
RJ said he wants to hug Norman Black (Ateneo's coach). Haha. It's his last year as coach :( Thank you Norman Black for giving us 3 straight championships! You're one amazing coach!
See you at Bonfire guys! :D Win or lose it's the school we choose!
PS. This is Ateneo's first 3peat win in UAAP. Their 1st 3peat was back in NCAA.
PS 2. This is Ateneo's 5th Championship in UAAP :D
PS 3. This is from ABS-CBN News: "The Jesuit-run school also made history this year as its men’s and juniors basketball teams scored the first double three-peat in UAAP and NCAA history. The Ateneo Blue Eaglets won their three-peat title last September 19."
PS 4. Sorry about the video, I told you we do get pretty crazy during UAAP Ateneo games. Haha. :)
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
3 comments:
I was really fun watching the game! We cheered and jumped like crazy!
Hahaha! Yes we screamed so loud! :D hahaha it was all caught in the video. I just chopped the other parts of the video because we were screaming too loud. hahaha
Recently I was REALLY low on cash and debts were eating me from all sides! That was UNTIL I decided to make money on the internet! I went to surveymoneymaker dot net, and started filling in surveys for cash, and surely I've been far more able to pay my bills! I'm so glad, I did this!! - r8tp
Post a Comment