With media flooding us with beautiful pictures (beautifully enhanced pictures :P) of models and socialites, we sometimes end up hiding our flaws and enhancing our photos as well. We get so obsessed with putting the best profile pictures on our YMs and social networks. The pressure to look perfect, especially for celebrities, can be overwhelming.
Picking up from Glee's Britney Spears episode, I applaud Britney for releasing untouched photos alongside her enhanced photos as a celebration of her own flaws:
![]() |
| (Britney photos courtesy of shoppingblog.com) |
GOING BACK! Sorry, I tend to get distracted. :P
It's good to wear clothes and make up that make us feel good. There's nothing wrong with that. I like dressing up too. Make up - umm depends on who's doing my make up. I personally suck in applying my own make up. Hahaha. There's nothing wrong with a little bit of photoshop in our photos at times but I think, at the end of the day, we need to accept who we are and embrace even our physical and non-physical flaws. We're all beautifully flawed anyway. :D
What's Project Headshot:RAW?
Project Headshot: R.A.W. is about embracing your flaws. It’s about claiming your RIGHT to own yourself and be in charge because your are beautiful even if you have flaws. It’s about being AWARE that we are all unique, being beautiful is feeling good about yourself too. Lastly, this advocacy is about having that WISDOMthat our flaws cannot ultimately hinder us from achieving great feats!
R.A.W. = Rights, Awareness, Wisdom. Be proud, shed your masks off, be yourself, and be RAW. -thedailyblah.co.cc
So here's my own Project Headshot: RAW
![]() |
| Notice I didn't put this on X-Large size since I didn't want to scare you! Haha. :P |
I dare you to join this project and embrace your flaws. :) Go go go! I think everyone's pretty/handsome in their own way - just embrace yourself. It's okay to be you.
- I have two scars on my face: one on the lower cheek area, on the side (it's not visible on the photo though) and the one near my left eye (it's a little light so it's not visible on all photos)
- When I smile, my right eye tends to be smaller than my left eye. I thought this was because the right side of my face is my dad's side and the other side, my mom's side. Yes, I thought my face was just a rough patch up between my dad and my mom's face. Haha, I believed my dad too much as a kid. :P
- I don't have perfect teeth but I still smile anyway. It's actually weird to look at my photo above since I'm not smiling. I tend to smile a lot.
- I have scars on my left leg and currently on my right knee but I still wear dresses, skirts and shorts. Haha. I tend to heal quite slow when I skin myself and I tend to be clumsy at times.
- My hair can get pretty messy since it's so thin. Hmm I must be adopted since all of them have thick luscious hair. I kid! I love you family even if you didn't pass on that gene.
How to join Project Headshot: RAW?
Btw, RJ doesn't like it when I wear make up, even face powder. It's great because I don't wear make up unless I have to or when I suddenly feel girly. Hahaha. I let my friends or professionals do my make up.
- Take a colored photo of yourself without any make up or enhancements. Go natural! :D
- Don't smile, just go with your usual facial expression. Don't pout or wink or whatever, just relax your facial muscles.
- Make a blog post about it and enumerate your flaws. Also talk about how you conquered/plan to conquer them.
- Link back to the advocacy if you want but it's not necessary. Email or comment on thedailyblah.co.cc to let him know you joined this advocacy.
- Share this advocacy and inspire others. :)
Go natural and be proud! Join Project Headshot: RAW. :)
PS. I added the "Read More" Feature on this blog to make navigation more easier. Hope this helps :)
PS 2. I added a new section to this blog, About page. Check it out!
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~



14 comments:
I like the first (before) photo of Britney! I mean, sure, they had to enhance it for the ads, but she still looked normal and sexy. The photoshopping ain't too bad either, since they didn't make her super slim (except for the second photo where they did a lot of toning haha). I love the headshot! :)
Hi! Haha yeah I think Britney still looks great even in the untouched photos :)
Thanks! My friends all told me to smile. Hahaha :))
"...at the end of the day, we need to accept who we are and embrace even our physical and non-physical flaws. We're all beautifully flawed anyway."
great job smarla and thank you so much for even sharing this advocacy on 20 something bloggers forum! =)
about britney, yeah that's brave of her and BRITTANY - i really liked that glee ep for her character.
PS: when i smile, my left eye gets smaller too :( but i'm comfortable with it - sanayan lang ata. lol! ...and i'm stealing your photo now! =)
Great advocacy you started here, thank you so much for starting it! :) I'm glad I participated. I've been looking for other Project Headshots too through the comments.
about Brittany, wow she's such an amazing dancer! hands down talaga.
I guess it's rare to have exactly even eyes :P
Woot! Thanks for joining! =)
I'm really starting to like Britney now ever since she got over her whole meltdown phase.
I actually find scars lovely... well except yung mga super scars. Hahaha. I dunno... they have cool stories to tell kasi eh. Hahaha.
Haha yeah the Britney meltdown was just whuuut. :) I'm glad it's over and I hope there wont be a relapse.
Haha yeaah each scar has its own story. hmm pwedeng pang conversation starter. Joke! haha. :)
Thanks for sharing your project headshot raw :)
hi smarla! you're one pretty girl! hihi. rock and raw tayo!
on britney!: how timely that you posted such pictures, you must join Project Headshot: RAW, too. lol
I have showing veins in my right leg but I still wear short dresses hahaha. At least my friends and I think I still own the looks. :)))
Go girl. :D
Hahaha thanks Jayvie! Saw your project headshot: raw too when I was scanning through the comments section. :) great headshot too!
Haha, okay let's email britney. hahaha
Hi Dani! :) I also saw your project headshot through the comments section.
I'm sure you still rock those dresses! :D
Oh well well well, talk about photoshop! :O
This is what the Dove Campaign is for. They released it a while back and I believe they should launch it again to make a difference.
Photoshop will make everyone have Body Dysmorphic Disorder. tsk tsk.
Wow! Very nice blog post! I don't like putting make up on on ordianry days but sometimes when events call, you got to do what you got to do haha
xoxo
MrsM
@ Toni, yes I really like the Dove Campaign. :) It gives voice to other images of beauty. Yes I agree, they should launch it again. :)
@Michelle, that's true, there are really days that you just have to put on makeup. :) That's the time I call my friends to do my make up. :P Haha
Post a Comment