| (photo courtesy of tvfanatic.com) |
Prior to this proposal, Max and Lorelai had a fight over Luke (the owner of the local cafe, her close friend) after suspecting that Loralei and Luke used to be an item. She denied the accusations and Max ended up proposing to her on the spot.
Here's the transcript of their fight:
MAX: So you did date Luke?
LORELAI: No, I did not date Luke.
MAX: You can tell me.
LORELAI: I did not date Luke.
MAX: There was a vibe.
LORELAI: There was no vibe. What is with the questioning? You won't tell me who you dated.
MAX: There's no one you know.
LORELAI: Okay, well, did you date like casual nothing type dating or did you date like get down, soul train kind of a dating?
MAX: Well, I wouldn't have phrased it that way, but to be honest, it was the latter.
LORELAI: Good, good. Okay. Well, I like your honesty. Because I mean you could've lied and left that part out to spare my feelings which would've been unnecessary. So thank you, that was good. I slept with Rory's dad.
MAX: Let's change the subject.
LORELAI: On my parents' balcony.
MAX: I want to change the subject.
LORELAI: Okay, well you started it.
MAX: I did not mean for this to become a who slept with whom contest.
LORELAI: Well, how did it get that way?
MAX: I don't know. Why do we do this? Why do we let it get weird between us just when it's getting good again?
LORELAI: I don't know.
MAX: I don't like it.
LORELAI: I don't either.
MAX: And I'm sick of it.
LORELAI: Well, so am I.
MAX: We can't keep getting this close just to have something completely derail us again. And frankly there's only one thing I can think of that could solve it.
LORELAI: Break up.
MAX: Ugh.
LORELAI: Well, I'm not interested in a murder-suicide kind of thing. .
MAX: We should get married.
[pause]
LORELAI: Give me a clue as to whether you're kidding or not.
MAX: I am not kidding.
LORELAI: Good clue.
MAX: What do you say?
LORELAI: Nothing. Max, you did not just propose to me.
MAX: Yes I did.
LORELAI: No. A proposal had to be something more than the desperate desire to end a bickering match.
MAX: It was more than that.
LORELAI: No, it has to be planned. It should be magical. There should be music playing and romantic lighting and a subtle buildup to the popping of the big question. There should be a thousand yellow daisies and candles and a horse and I don't know what the horse is doing there unless you're riding it, which seems a little over the top, but it should be more than this.
MAX: You're right.
LORELAI: I am right.
MAX: I'm sorry.
LORELAI: It's okay.The very next day, Lorelai's was immediately called to work after receiving a report of an outrageous flower delivery in the inn. You have to watch this short clip :) This is one of the most amazing clips from the season:
Max did exactly as Lorelai said, give her a thousand yellow daisies.
Kirk (flower delivery): That's right. There's exactly a thousand of them. The order states that there is to be exactly 1000. Not 1001, not 999, but 1000. You ask for 1000, I bring 1000. I don't question the orders. I merely fill them.
![]() |
| (photo courtesy of obscurelybeautiful.wordpress.com) |
MAX: I couldn't find a horse.
LORELAI: You didn't have to.
MAX: Don't say anything, okay, please. You were right last night. I shouldn't have proposed to you like that. It was stupid. It was the wrong place, and the wrong time, and I kicked myself the entire night for doing it. But you were wrong about something too. I didn't propose to you because we were fighting. I proposed because I love you. We're in a bad pattern Lorelai and we have to break it. And other than that murder suicide thing you were talking about, which would be illegal and messy, I can only think to be impetuous.
LORELAI: Max.
MAX: No, listen, I woke up this morning and I realized that I have studied and talked a great literature all my life and those stories are replete with characters that let opportunities slip by. But what I teach is more than just literature, its lessons in life. And if I don't follow the tenants of those lessons, I'm not the man I thought I was. The man I want to be.
LORELAI: God, you talk so good.
MAX: I don't want an answer now. I've thought about this. I want you to do the same. I love you Lorelai Gilmore. And I know this to be true. I'll talk to you later. [They both hang up]
[Lorelai looks around at the daisies]
LORELAI: Oh my . .Isn't this one of the sweetest wedding proposals ever? Awww. :) I hope you loved this episode clip as much as I did.
Happy weekend! :D
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

12 comments:
I LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVV GILMORE GIRLS!!!! :D
It's one of the few shows that I religiously watched when I was in high school. Too bad I stopped season 4 or 5 I think because of College.
Huhuhu memories. This makes me wanna watch reruns again.
Aaaand now I'm watching GG scenes on YT. =))
It seems like EVERYONE I know was so excited when they found out Alan was going to Yale! Know why? "RORY WENT THERE!!! OMG!!!" and I had NO idea who they were talking about. But I watched a few episodes and it's totally cute! And now I live in Yale Town (a.k.a New Haven!)
It seems like EVERYONE I know was so excited when they found out Alan was going to Yale! Know why? "RORY WENT THERE!!! OMG!!!" and I had NO idea who they were talking about. But I watched a few episodes and it's totally cute! And now I live in Yale Town (a.k.a New Haven!)
ohemgeee!!!! kileeeeeg!!!!!!!!
bakit di ko to napanuod! haha. di ko natapos ang series na to but i used to watch it dati sa studio23. aaawww, i miss this show! :)
Yes, I had watched this episode! A thousand yellow daisies! It was sooooooo sweet ♥
Do you have the video on Youtube?
@Robbie! :D Me too! I super love Rory!! I didn't get to finish Gilmore Girls too but I love watching old episodes! I love their dialogues! :D
hahaha good thing there are a lot of GG scenes on YT!
@Andnowlights
Hahahaha! That's so funny, wow congrats with Yale (for Alan) and for Yale Town! Rory's really my favorite character in the show. I would react the same way too :)
@Jayvie, me too! I miss the show :) i miss watching it in Studio 23. super kiliiiig! i dont know how you can say no to a proposal this wow
@Minnie Runner! Yes i loved this episode sooo much :D
@Wahyu, yes, you can easily find it in youtube :) click on the video box after it plays so you'll end up in youtube
Post a Comment