Wednesday, November 3, 2010

12 Baskets Bakeshop: Reunions, New Displays and New Breads!

Last October 21, my friend Kiwee asked me to help her locate Fred's 12 Baskets Bakeshop. 
It was her first time in the bakeshop since she came back from a year long stint abroad. She came just in time to see all the new displays and new breads of 12 Baskets Bakeshop! 

The new bread display was delivered 10 minutes before we arrived. 
The great thing about this display is we can buy the breads by pieces! This made me smile since I wanted to try every bread in the store without bringing home bags and bags of bread I haven't tasted yet. 
Since my last visit, new breads have been introduced to the store! Of course we made sure to try out their new breads. The prettiest addition to the store is the Ham & Cheese roll
Ham & Cheese Roll (Php30)
Isn't it pretty? It's shaped like a flower! Anyway, I wasn't able to taste these but my friend Paul told me that they're soft and really delicious! 
Egg Tarts (Php30)
Last time I was here, Lori Baltazar also suggested making the egg tarts a little less sweet. Fred immediately created a 2nd version of his egg tarts and this was the first thing I looked for when I arrived. I loved Fred's egg tarts from day 1 and I love it even more today. With a little less sweetness, the eggy flavor really comes out. 
Chocolate Twists (Php30)
Cinnamon Twists (Php30)
Parmesan-Garlic Twists (Php30)
I got really excited to come back to the store when Fred posted these new bread twists on Facebook. They come in 3 different flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon and Parmesan-Garlic! Fred's favorite is the Parmesan-Garlic so Kiwee and I took a piece for ourselves. 


I'm a big fan of Parmesan and Garlic so it was an instant hit with me. Now I'm confused which is my favorite bread from 12 Baskets' selection. The bread was soft and savory and the light parmesan and garlic taste melted in my mouth. YUM!
Revel Bars 
Brownies
There are also revel bars and brownies which you can now purchase by piece! Yaaaay! You can of course also order it in boxes. 


Since it's been awhile since we've seen each other, we of course took a lot of photos with each other:
 Korean peace sign pose time!
And of course, we have to do the famous bread model pose:
Anyway, since we're into updates, 12 Baskets Bakeshop in partnership with Sumilao Corn Coffee (the product I'm holding up in the photo above) and Anagon Collection hosted a Alice in Wonderland themed Tea Party for Bloggers last Saturday.
From 12 Baskets Bakeshop Facebook page
Fred told me about this event but I was in Palawan so I wasn't able to come. Aww, I had some bloggers in mind pa naman that I want to meet! :D Anyway, I read in several blogs that the event was a success. Ava of Artsy Fartsy Ava and Anagon of The Fashionista Commuter wrote about the event. They had a great time and they loved the breads! 


I hope there will be a 2nd time! *cough cough* *hint hint*


Speaking of Palawan, I'll share more about out fantastic trip tomorrow! :D For my FB friends, I hope you loved the underwater pictures I posted. Yes, UNDERWATER PICS! Wohooo :) I love my camera <3


Hope you're having a great day - I'm stressed out and nervous about later!
More Info on 12 Baskets Bakeshop:
Address: 38 Gen J. Gutierrez St. Cor J. Abad Santos St., Little Baguio, San Juan City
Store Hours: 6AM-10PM daily
Contact: 09209384212



 ~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

14 comments:

Alex Lapa said...

I wish there'd be a next time, too, haha! I missed that event, as I was already attending a different party. Those splendid arrays of bread look scrumptious! :D

--Alex
http://www.reluctantstylista.com

Andnowlights said...

HOLY COW! Why does everything on your blog look so, so good? I want those ham & cheese rolls!

Lorra said...

Interesting stuff. Going to try this out. Where in San Juan exactly? :)

Smarla said...

Hi Alex! :) Okay, i'll mention to Fred na sana may bloggers event pa. :P Hahaha :)

Smarla said...

I know! I'm so sad I didn't get to try those ham & cheese rolls and they have such good reviews!

Smarla said...

Hi Lorra, edited my blog to have the address and map :D hope this helps! :) im sure you'll love the place

AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said...

i wish you were there! I would have loved to meet you!:) next time!:)

Smarla said...

yup yup next time! :) but im glad you had a great time :D

Anonymous said...

Those look so yummy!!!

Lloyda said...

the bakeshop is very near our place! i shall drop by one of these days. everything look sooooo yummy!!! i love bread!

Smarla said...

Hi efril :) they are yummy! :D i love the new breads!

Smarla said...

Hi Lloyda, if you want, i can tell fred to personally meet you when you pass by. :D im sure you'll love his breads

♥peachkins♥ said...

wow! the bread looks delicious..

Smarla said...

Hi Peachkins! The breads also taste savory and they're soft! :)