The end of the year is always an uneasy time for me since it's the time I reflect on the past year and plan my goals for the coming year.
Once again, I find myself confronted with a blank whiteboard (haha I have 2 whiteboards in my room) and a blank planner waiting to be filled with my goals for the year.
Inspired by Dani's 50 Things and Robbie's 50/25, I thought of coming up with my New Year's Resolution by listing the 23 things I should be able to do next year since I'm turning 23. I'm giving myself until January 1, 2012 to accomplish these 23 tasks.
23 Things I Will Do Since I'll Be 23:
Once again, I find myself confronted with a blank whiteboard (haha I have 2 whiteboards in my room) and a blank planner waiting to be filled with my goals for the year.
Inspired by Dani's 50 Things and Robbie's 50/25, I thought of coming up with my New Year's Resolution by listing the 23 things I should be able to do next year since I'm turning 23. I'm giving myself until January 1, 2012 to accomplish these 23 tasks.
23 Things I Will Do Since I'll Be 23:
- Drive by myself confidently. I had my license Jan 2010 and in a few hours it will be Jan 2011 and I'm still not driving! I need to drive this year.
- Take a class/es this year Any cooking/management/writing/arts related class.
- Bake/cook every month. I promise to share my baked goodies to my dear readers :)
- FINISH 10 food related books this year. Haha, I tend to read a lot of books at the same time and I take forever to finish one!
- Get a Smart Phone/Iphone/Ipod Touch. I'm still finding a way to reason out this luxury but please?
- Run a
marathonfun run. Haha, good luck, I don't have a sporty bone in my body! - Travel to see a butanding/whale shark. Donsol or Culion, here I come!
- Get my passport. I know! I'll get one this year.
- Get published in a magazine/newspaper.
- Join a writing contest.
- Go to Binondo and eat, eat, eat. I have Ivan Man Dy's Big Binondo Food Wok Map!
- Perform a whole song with a guitar for someone. Time to review my guitar skills! I didn't play my guitar the entire 2010, good luck! I have stage fright :O
- Learn how to use SLR and take more food photos.
- Talk to a food photographer & get tips on taking food shots. I want to make my pictures more yummy!
- Shoot & edit 10 short videos this year. Yes let's activate our dear youtube channel. :)
- Cook a full course meal for someone. Whoever you are, you're lucky! Now I need to practice in the kitchen.
- Write about a cause. I miss doing apostolate work and I think I can incorporate my desire to write in helping out NGOs.
- Go to Avilon Zoo or Manila Ocean Park. Anyone who wants to go with me? :)
- Have a massage at a spa. I need a spa buddy, anyone?
- Go to Davao to visit Aeraele. She's my Ninong's cute baby girl! I also don't know how to pronounce her name. :P
- Buy new comfortable shoes/sandals. Haha, my white sandals are overused as you can see in my blog photos.
- Eat in 10 of the restaurants featured in Manila's Best Kept Restaurant Secrets Book. Most of the restaurants are in Makati and are quite pricey so good luck to me! I need to drive and save up.
- Go on a retreat. I miss Sacred Heart Novitiate.
---
These tasks won't be easy, so hold my hand please? I'll update you guys whenever I accomplish or attempt to accomplish these 23 tasks. :)
How about you, what is/are your new year's resolution/s or goal/s for 2011?
PS. I'm fully aware how girly my planner is. Don't judge. Hahaha. Though I'm not your typical girly girl, this planner appeals to my OC side. You should see how it's organized per week - it's so anal retentive and I love it!
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~


11 comments:
Hi Smarla!
Nice food blog! :)
Saw #20. Aeraele is in Manila til the 6th! And yes she's super cute and quite friendly! It's not difficult to pronounce her name (e-ra-yel) but the oldies are having a hard time so they use AJ instead. Hahaha Sabi ko nga kay kuya good luck sa future school teachers ni Aeraele. Hahaha :)
-amor
P.S. I'll tell kuya you got the spelling of her name right, he'll be jumping for joy! Hahaha
Really? :D I'll text Ninong Alwin. She seems so adorable nga in the pictures.
Aaaaah E-ra-yel pala but yeah confusing kasi yung spelling. Haha, AJ seems much easier.
Btw, I heard you're working in AIM. Congrats! My friend is working there din.
Hi Mai! :)
Sige I hope I really will, sobrang kinakabahan kasi ako with motorcycles eh. Bigla biglang sumusulpot, nakakatense.
As of now wala pang Avilon plans but yes, let's plan :D
Happy new year Mai!
Comment was not displayed, I don't know why but here it is:
giboy: i will be your wing man for numbers 7, 11, 22, 23 and oh i volunteer for no 16 . . . Happy New Year my dear Smarla . . .
Smarla: thanks Giboy! :) Happy new year!
Comment was not displayed, I don't know why but here it is:
melikesartwill: Wow, I'm sure you'll be able to do all these things. Ikaw pa. Happy new year to you, Smarla! :D
Smarla: Sana talaga! :) Awww thanks so much :D Happy new year Will!
game ako sa Avilon Zoo at Manila Ocean Park! di pa rin ako nakapunta dyan!
at gusto ko ulit magbutanding watching bilang walang sumipot na butanding nang pumunta kami! haler! hahaha. may bagyo kasi nun. hahaha
ay bet ko yang papatikim mo sa amin ang mga ibe-bake mo hahaha. go smarsmar!
magagawa mo lahat yan Smarla! I believe in you! :D
Ako rin, yaaay at least hindi ako nag iisa na hindi pa nakakabisita sa mga lugar na yun :)
ngeeek sayang! talaga? sana di maulan masyado this year, gusto ko talaga makakita ng butanding! panalo yun. :)
awwww ikaw yung unang binigyan ko ng mga bi-nake ko. sana maging successful din yung mga future kitchen creations ko.
Salamat talaga Jayvie! super nato-touch ako!
thank you so much artemis! :D wow really, advance happy birthday to us. im looking forward turning 23 :)
Happy New Year, Smarla!
Good luck with your list! I'm a fan of listing down your goals, it's one big step towards accomplishing them. I have a 31 Before 31 List myself, and I can't wait to cross off several items this coming 2011!
God bless!
Hi Dea, happy new year!
I agree, it's important to list down the goals at the start of every year. Nice 31 Before 31, is that posted on your blog too? I'd love to read what's on your list. :)
they all sound like fun things!! and we will be the same age! btw i am loving your new site and look. yay!
Post a Comment