I confess, I have a fanatic love for anything salmon.
Raw, grilled, steamed, baked - I absolutely adore them all!
Whenever I have a piece of salmon dangling at the tip of my chopsticks, I simply zone out, quietly smile to myself and gushingly partake in its inherent rich, salty and buttery goodness. Truly, salmon is God's gift to mankind.
This love affair with Salmon is born out of an unassuming trip to a buffet. Among the array of choices laid before my eyes, the much precious Salmon, locked and hidden by the sushi chef, managed to creep its way to my plate and since then, I was never the same. Salmon is now my panacea.
When I'm wearing my thinking hat, a long plate of Philadelphia Rolls is my choice of brain food. Like peanuts, I pop them in my mouth and chew on them while I let my mind wander off to graze. I don't know how, but having salmon in my sushi, especially when paired with moist crab stick and oh-so-dreamy cream cheese, jolts my brain cells, enough to harvest fresh ideas.
And nothing beats the quick pick-me-upper effect of salmon whenever I learn of a new salmon dish. Like a crazy fan girl, I giggly await its new revelation. Each recipe provides a refreshing gaze into salmon, which makes me fall in love with it over and over again. A new salmon dish I recently tried is Paris Delice's Quiche Salmon (see cover photo - Php115). It's an overwhelmingly milky and eggy quiche with surprising hints of salmon. Though the taste of salmon is too subtle for my liking, its buttery, soft crust appeals to RJ's hearty appetite.
RJ and I don't always agree on our food reviews, but it's simply impossible to disagree on Tina's heavenly Salmon & Prawns Pie. I know I've featured Tina's Pie Outlet several times in my blog, but it would be a shame not to talk about the pie I'm most fond of to date.
I slide my fork down its flaky crust, reminiscent to that of a croissant, and I marvel at the glorious layers and layers of muted orange salmon flakes interlaced with plump and juicy prawns, tucked inside the pie. "This is the first time I truly appreciated how delicious salmon is.", RJ uttered joyfully as I initially rolled my eyes in disbelief at how late he realized the greatness of salmon. I later let it slide and I am just thankful that he finally understands my obsession with salmon.
Happy Easter everyone! :) Celebrate life and eat heartily, after all, Jesus also loved to dine!
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)
Raw, grilled, steamed, baked - I absolutely adore them all!
Whenever I have a piece of salmon dangling at the tip of my chopsticks, I simply zone out, quietly smile to myself and gushingly partake in its inherent rich, salty and buttery goodness. Truly, salmon is God's gift to mankind.
This love affair with Salmon is born out of an unassuming trip to a buffet. Among the array of choices laid before my eyes, the much precious Salmon, locked and hidden by the sushi chef, managed to creep its way to my plate and since then, I was never the same. Salmon is now my panacea.
![]() |
| Salmon Teriyakidon from (Kitaro - Php260) |
A rice bowl of Salmon Teriyaki effortlessly soothes my tired soul, far more effective than a one hour massage. It's nestled on top of sticky Japanese rice and crunchy mongo sprouts, all packed in a comforting takeout tub. I hold the tub close to my heart, my default eating position when I'm badly in need of care, as I savor each tender bite of my blushing pink salmon chunks. A generous brush of dark teriyaki sauce adds a melodious combination of sweet and salty in my mouth, and there, a smile slowly emerges from my lips. Aaah yes, I am relaxed and silently happy, all thanks to my Salmon Teriyaki.
![]() |
| Philadelphia Roll (Kimono Ken - Php165) |
![]() |
| Salmon & Prawns Pie - (Tina's Pie - Php230) |
RJ and I don't always agree on our food reviews, but it's simply impossible to disagree on Tina's heavenly Salmon & Prawns Pie. I know I've featured Tina's Pie Outlet several times in my blog, but it would be a shame not to talk about the pie I'm most fond of to date.
I slide my fork down its flaky crust, reminiscent to that of a croissant, and I marvel at the glorious layers and layers of muted orange salmon flakes interlaced with plump and juicy prawns, tucked inside the pie. "This is the first time I truly appreciated how delicious salmon is.", RJ uttered joyfully as I initially rolled my eyes in disbelief at how late he realized the greatness of salmon. I later let it slide and I am just thankful that he finally understands my obsession with salmon.
Happy Easter everyone! :) Celebrate life and eat heartily, after all, Jesus also loved to dine!
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~




9 comments:
I love Ninyo Fusion! :D I'll definitely be back for their Salmon :D
I too am a salmon fanatic! You should try Ninyo Fusion Cuisine's salmon entree! :)
I really should eat in Marikina! :) I've been reading your blog and there are so many restos there I haven't tried yet, especially the now famous Isabelo. :)
Sige, I'll definitely try the Salmon Steak in Some Kind of Wonderful Cafe. Thank you so much Roni for this tip!
hi Smarla, we visited Some Kind of Wonderful Cafe in Marikina last night and tried their Salmon Steak in Lemon Caper Sauce. I just remembered you are in love with salmon, so if ever you get to visit SKOW, try it ha! :D Ciao!
Yes you should definitely try her Salmon & Prawns Pie :D Super delicious :)
Paris Delice is along Makati Ave. There were a lot of expats when we visited :)
wow, Tina's Pie Outlet is *heart*. During the DCF party we weren't able to try the Salmon and Prawn (sniff), only the Callos and the Cheesesteak...anyway I think all her pies are heavenly. Maybe we'll order the salmon next time! ;) (thanks for the Paris Delice mention, we'll try that too!)
Yup! I'm so glad they added this to their menu :D But I still prefer Omakase's version :)
Hihi. Philadelphia rolls are my new favorites too. Haha!
I definitely agree that salmon is God's gift :) you should try Buon giorno's salmon and asparagus risotto..and SKOW cafe's salmon in lemon caper sauce :) truly heavenly! :)
Post a Comment