They say life starts at 40.
I beg to differ. After seeing my lola, I would say life starts at 90.
Here's my lola at 90:
That's my lola - riding the motorcycle at 90! Just got back from our province to celebrate her 90th birthday. Yaaaay!
She's still very strong, very palabiro, sharp and game na game at 90 years old (the pictures say it all)! I'm really proud of her. She recently got back to writing poems and prayers - which are well written I must say. At 90 years old, she's having the time of her life.
When she got sick 2 years ago, we never thought she would recover fully again. She stopped eating and she lost so much weight before. My mom had to fly in to monitor her eating habits. Now, she's even more active and alive than before. Before we left, I even asked her to tell me her famous alimango and unggoy bedtime story again. Benta, she still used those funny voices for the alimango and the unggoy with matching actions! :)
My lola really liked the white lacey top I had on during the morning mass. She told me that she was looking for a top like it for her 90th birthday party. I decided to give it to her and asked my mom to alter it a bit to fit my lola perfectly.
We wanted to have a photoshoot with lola with the lacey top on. Then my titos came in with other props for our photoshoot! My lola riding the motorcycle at 90! :D My lola was really game with it! She even did several poses. Go lola!
It was definitely a great way to start the day! I love my lola so much. :) I have no regrets giving her the lacey blouse because she looked absolutely divine on her birthday party:
Haha of course we removed the leather jacket and shades during her party :P Happy birthday lola! I hope you had a blast on your birthday! We love you!
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~




No comments:
Post a Comment