Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ateneo Bonfire, Candle Room and a McDonald's McChicken Story

I just wanted to share 3 very quick stories about the small little sweet things last Sunday: the Candle Room story, McDonalds McChicken story and the Ateneo Bonfire story.


Last last week, RJ was pretty busy with a lot of hospital operations but he promised to make time for me on Sunday. On the day itself, RJ suddenly texted if I wanted to go to mass with him at 7:30 PM in a nearby Church. Of course I said yes. :)


When I arrived at the Church via jeep, all the Church goers were already heading out of the Chapel. Oops it turns out that the next mass will start at 8PM. I stood at the entrance looking for him but to no avail so I decided to text him. He told me he was near the Church's Candle Room
Candle Room (photo courtesy of digitaljournal.com)
I saw him at the entrance of the Candle Room and he handed me one candle as we went inside. There were other people sincerely praying inside despite the room's temperature from all the lighted candles. I knew there was a lot going on in RJ's mind from their hospital operations so I prayed for him and his friends as I stood beside him in this small room. 
(photo courtesy of liwanagsadilim.wordpress.com)
The room was quiet but it was a peaceful kind of stillness. There was nothing "physically" special about this room but it felt special. Probably because it was a room where people sacrificed a candle and prayed fervently with all their hearts. It somehow felt like we were all sharing the same prayer in that room. At least that's how I felt as I prayed in silence along with RJ. We stayed there for around 10 minutes and decided to stay in the Church to wait for the 8PM Mass. 
(photo courtesy of flickriver.com)
Right after mass, we rushed to buy dinner in the nearby McDonald's store. We ordered it for take out and took a cab to Ateneo to attend the Bonfire. We had a Bonfire in our school to celebrate our 3peat UAAP Basketball win


Anyway, RJ said he wasn't hungry so we only bought one McChicken Sandwich Meal. We shared it in the taxi as we kept exchanging the drink and the burger while our other hand grabbed fries. 


After a quick 10 minutes, we finished up the whole meal! Pretty fast eh? :P Then RJ made a remark that touched me, "I never realized how delicious McChicken is, probably because we were sharing it." Awwww! Isn't that so sweet? A few days later, he randomly mentioned it again, "I think what really made that McChicken sandwich delicious is that we shared it. If I ate that on my own, I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much." Awwww. :D I know, it's not so grand but I actually found it touching. 
We arrived in the Ateneo Bonfire around past 9PM. Too bad we missed out on some friends who already went home by this time. Good thing we were still able to catch some of our beloved ACLC orgmates! I missed you guys! I suddenly felt I was back in college when I saw everyone again. Awwww.


Too bad I didn't see my coursemates though. Anyway, here are some more pictures from the night. I really had fun and RJ was such a sport for taking some of the pictures that night. I won't elaborate on this further. Haha. 
With a future doctor :)
Awwww I missed you guys! 2 future doctors in the making :)
Pogi ACLC boys. Hahaha! Yehes!
Our dear Freshies (even if they're not freshmen anymore).  Single Ladies dance naman diyan :P
The future Henry Sy. Here's your picture as promised. Check out the background. Haha.
Future award winning film director 
Hi grade 3 classmate and ball date :)
Hi pretty Vanna! :)
This story is my own version of Eat, Pray, Love = Eat (McDonalds McChicken Sandwich), Pray (Candle Room), Love (Meeting our dear friends at Bonfire). Haha, corny! I know. :P 


Anyway, I know these are just small little things that may not mean much to a lot of people but they surely did to me. It's these little things that warm my heart. I suddenly remember Danny's line from the Danny and Annie video I posted before: 
"She lights up the room in the morning when she tells me to put my hands on her shoulders so she can support me. She lights up my life when she says to me at night, "would you like a little ice cream?" or "would you please drink more water?" Those are not very romantic things to say, but they stir my heart."
Have a great weekend! 


Btw, the Team Manila Real Love Shirt Giveaway ends on Monday at 8PM. Contest has been extended to make it exactly 1 week. :) Don't forget to join the contest (click me for details!) and you can win a free Team Manila Real Love shirt. You won't just get a new shirt, you'd also be helping out Kythe's kids with cancer. :) Hurry!


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

4 comments:

BabyPAngtuaco said...

Wow! I love the way you shared about these little but big things! Nakakatouch!

Z.J.Ascensio said...

Looks like fun! The McChicken story was cute. :)

Smarla said...

@SP Angtuaco
Yes I know, nakakatouch talaga :)

Smarla said...

@ZJ, yes we had a great time. :) Yes I agree, it was really sweet :)