Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Random Oreo Story

Back in 2nd year college, I shared a locker with a friend in school. If you've seen how many books I used carry in school, I'm sure you'll be more than willing to give me a locker. :P
 (photo courtesy of flickr.com)
(marriageconfessions.wordpress.com)
I was really busy at that time since finals were fast approaching. For weeks, I practically lived in the library already as I started and ended my day there. I was getting thinner and my hair was getting crazier from all the stress. I looked similar to this cat fellow on the right :P

One late afternoon, my "lockermate" suddenly texted me if I've accidentally left anything in our locker. My mind went, "Huh? What?" He told me that there was something in the locker that would easily spoil and it didn't belong to him. The area where our locker would soon close so I had to leave the library right away. Leaving my books behind, I took a quick pause in my obsessive studying (yes I'm a nerd :P) and walked all the way to our locker.

The sky was slowly turning into a dark charcoal color and the hallway was so quiet that each footstep echoed loudly. When I finally opened our locker, I found a small pack of Oreo (the 3 cookie pack) inside with a small post-it note with my name on it and a smiley face. 

Awwwww. It was a simple thoughtful act but it really made me smile. :) I texted my friend right away and he played dumb at first but I kept thanking him anyway.

It's nothing grand or well planned but it meant a lot to me especially since I was so stressed at that time. I literally felt like a walking zombie but after that receiving that surprise, I really lightened up. That random act served as sweet reminder that my friends truly care and that made my day. :) Thanks friend :)


Have a happy Sunday guys! 


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

6 comments:

AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said...

awww that was such a sweet gesture :) now i wish i have a locker in college and hoping someone would leave me something nice hehe

missy s said...

this is sweet! surely made your day <3

happy sunday!

Smarla said...

hahaha! :) there's still time naman diba, you're still in school? :) hehe *cough cough for ava's friends*

Smarla said...

Happy sunday! thanks missy for dropping a comment :D

Smar said...

yes, and sometimes it's the smallest acts that mean the most :)

Thepinaysolobackpacker said...

awww! even the simplest acts of kindness can put a smile on someone's face. :)