With barely any directions aside from it's near Wok Dis Way, RJ and I headed out here to have lunch. It's on the 2nd floor of the same building of Wok Dis Way. For non-Katipunan people, Wok Dis Way and Derf's are located along the road on the right of McDonald's Katipunan, R. Alvero Street.
When we entered the Italy themed restaurant (even their lamps are green, white and red), we were warmly welcomed by the store owner. Based on my initial assessment, I could tell that the store owner was a mother of Ateneans and that the father was the one fixing something outside the shop. True enough, I learned that her sons are Ateneans during our small chat while ordering our food.
Derf's Italian restaurant has been operating for only 2-3 months. I love new restaurants! I still believe that more people should venture into entrepreneurship. :) That's why I really love it when I learn of new family run restaurants.
Since RJ's stomach's a little upset, we decided to have a less meaty pizza. We ordered their 12 inch Pizza Margherita. This contains tomato, basil, mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Their pizza has a thin crust similar to that of Bellini's pizza. That's a huge compliment since I love Bellini's!
Guess how much this pizza costs?
![]() |
| Pizza Margherita (Php170) |
Aside from having a Bellini's-like thin crust, it smells really delicious! While I was taking pictures of the pizza, I could imagine real smell lines swirling around our noses. It has that fresh from the oven herby fragrance which made our mouths water! As soon as I was done taking a few snapshots, RJ immediately took a piece and bit into it. Great pizza!
![]() |
| Bratwurst and Kielbasa Sausages (Php85) |
I have a special love for sausages since I took up German as my foreign language in college. Being the nerd that I am, I learned that Bratwurst (the sausage on the left) is a combination of veal, pork or beef. I think mine had beef since its meaty flavors were really strong and its aftertaste lasted for a long time in my palate.
"Bratwurst" means finely chopped (brat) and sausage (wurst). Regionally, people in Germany have different ways of eating it but I personally prefer it with mustard.
"Kielbasa", on the other hand, is a generic Polish term which can refer to various types of sausages. However in US, Kielbasa is known as precooked smoked sausage that contains pork, garlic, salt, pepper and marjoram.
Compared to Bratwurst, Kielbasa's flavor was lighter and it didn't leave a strong aftertaste. I enjoyed both sausages but I loved this one more. I loved the fact that its taste seemed like a wonderful secret. Its a quiet taste but really meaty. You just have to close your eyes to savor it.
![]() |
| Surprise! |
Anyway, just wanted to share with you this funny surprise we found inside the tissue box's compartment - an Ateneo class schedule! Hahaha. The store's sons are definitely from Ateneo - there's no question about that!
More Info on Derf's: Pizza, Pasta, Coffee Bar:
Address: 2nd Floor, J&R Concon Centre, 91 R. Alvero Street, cor. Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~







2 comments:
hi!! just wanna ask f malapit lng 'to s xavierville? tnx!! :)
Hi Paulska, yes it's very near xavierville. It's located across Fruit Magic. It's the street on the right of McDonald's :)
Post a Comment