If you've read my post yesterday, you must be wondering what event I went to last Friday.
Clue: I picked up the tickets for this event when I visited Fun Ranch.
I went to Our Awesome Planet's Ultimate Taste Test 5.0.
Yesterday, I narrated the difficulty we went through to attend this event because of the terrible traffic, heavy rains and seemingly endless taxi bay lines. Throughout our crazy amazing race that night, I kept telling RJ, "I just want to meet Anton Diaz."
Anton Diaz is the brainchild behind Our Awesome Planet. I wanted to meet him in person and hopefully get to talk with him for a few minutes (if I can, without sounding like a fan girl!). Actually that's the main reason why I wanted to attend the Ultimate Taste Test 5.0.
Anton Diaz is one of the bloggers that I really look up to. I'm really amazed at how far he has taken his blog. Aside from the Ultimate Taste Test event, he also has a planner and a TV show in line. He also offered blogging classes in partnership with Asian Institute of Management this year. Now that's what you call entrepreneurial!
When I saw Anton Diaz in the crowd, I instantly lit up and begged RJ to take my picture with Anton. However, whenever we tried to come near him, another person would snag the opportunity. We then had to wait along the sidelines to the point that I felt we were stalker-ish. :P Sorry about that.
Finally, when we were lingering around the food stall close to Anton, I saw a window of opportunity and jumped at it. So here it is, my picture with Anton Diaz:
Yaaaay! This photo is my consolation on a stressful evening like this.
Our conversation was quite brief since I couldn't contain the fan girl in me for a longer time. Here's a short snippet of our conversation:
That's not the first time I received that reaction. :p Her name's Smurfette, not Smarla. And no, I'm not addicted to Smores. :P These are the usual conversation starters I receive.
Anyway, I went on about certain OAP blog posts that I really like and inquired about his upcoming planner (I need a new planner - any suggestions?). We then talked about his really cute kids! They were running all over the place that night, how adorable!
After talking to him, I felt really blessed to have met him in person. He seems so opinionated in his blog so I was surprised to be confronted with a very nice, humble and seemingly shy family guy.
Finally, I met Anton Diaz! Yaaay! Despite the really bad conditions that we had to endure to attend the event, I'm really happy that I was given this opportunity. Thank you Anton Diaz!
Of course, we also went to the event because of the food! With all that good food laid out before you and waiting to be discovered, who can resist?
Here's my 10 Awesome Food Finds of the Night:
1. The Hearty Onion - Roasted Pandan Wrapped Salmon
2. Mother Lee's Home Cooking (09175333005) - Hungarian Goulash
3. Sassy K - Nacho Chips & Gourmet Dips
4. Dulcelin - Korean Red Rice Salad & Hickory Smoked US Pork Belly
5. Christa's Kitchen - French Macaroons
6. Sweet Finale - Dark Chocolate Flourless Cake
7. United Village Breadhouse - Crostini Toasts with Assorted Spreads
8. Fortune Empire Food Specialty - Roast Pork
9. Gustazo - Gourmet Tuyo & Pomodoro Tinapa
10. Hacienda Macalauan - Fresh Milk, Flavored Milk, Yoghurt
I'll talk about our food discoveries in detail in future posts.
Now I'm looking forward to more food discoveries! YUM!
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
Clue: I picked up the tickets for this event when I visited Fun Ranch.
I went to Our Awesome Planet's Ultimate Taste Test 5.0.
Yesterday, I narrated the difficulty we went through to attend this event because of the terrible traffic, heavy rains and seemingly endless taxi bay lines. Throughout our crazy amazing race that night, I kept telling RJ, "I just want to meet Anton Diaz."
Anton Diaz is the brainchild behind Our Awesome Planet. I wanted to meet him in person and hopefully get to talk with him for a few minutes (if I can, without sounding like a fan girl!). Actually that's the main reason why I wanted to attend the Ultimate Taste Test 5.0.
| Anton Diaz with his kids on stage |
When I saw Anton Diaz in the crowd, I instantly lit up and begged RJ to take my picture with Anton. However, whenever we tried to come near him, another person would snag the opportunity. We then had to wait along the sidelines to the point that I felt we were stalker-ish. :P Sorry about that.
Finally, when we were lingering around the food stall close to Anton, I saw a window of opportunity and jumped at it. So here it is, my picture with Anton Diaz:
| Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet and Fan girl Smarla |
| Smurfette from the Smurfs (photo courtesy of giantbomb.com) |
Our conversation was quite brief since I couldn't contain the fan girl in me for a longer time. Here's a short snippet of our conversation:
Smarla: Hi I'm Smarla, I'm a big fan of your blog! I'm so happy to finally meet you in person.
Anton: Smarla? Smarla? Is your name from the Smurfs? (Boo I thought he recognized my name from the comments :P)
That's not the first time I received that reaction. :p Her name's Smurfette, not Smarla. And no, I'm not addicted to Smores. :P These are the usual conversation starters I receive.
Anyway, I went on about certain OAP blog posts that I really like and inquired about his upcoming planner (I need a new planner - any suggestions?). We then talked about his really cute kids! They were running all over the place that night, how adorable!
After talking to him, I felt really blessed to have met him in person. He seems so opinionated in his blog so I was surprised to be confronted with a very nice, humble and seemingly shy family guy.
Finally, I met Anton Diaz! Yaaay! Despite the really bad conditions that we had to endure to attend the event, I'm really happy that I was given this opportunity. Thank you Anton Diaz!
Here's my 10 Awesome Food Finds of the Night:
1. The Hearty Onion - Roasted Pandan Wrapped Salmon
| Mini Pulled Beef Sandwiches |
| Roasted Pandan Wrapped Salmon |
3. Sassy K - Nacho Chips & Gourmet Dips
4. Dulcelin - Korean Red Rice Salad & Hickory Smoked US Pork Belly
| Korean Red Rice Salad |
| Hickory Smoked US Pork Belly |
6. Sweet Finale - Dark Chocolate Flourless Cake
7. United Village Breadhouse - Crostini Toasts with Assorted Spreads
8. Fortune Empire Food Specialty - Roast Pork
9. Gustazo - Gourmet Tuyo & Pomodoro Tinapa
10. Hacienda Macalauan - Fresh Milk, Flavored Milk, Yoghurt
I'll talk about our food discoveries in detail in future posts.
Now I'm looking forward to more food discoveries! YUM!
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
19 comments:
wow, i also have an annual photo-op with Anton. LOL. one, during UTT3.0 and another during UTT4.0. too bad i missed this one. how was it this time?
This is my first UTT. :)
Program-wise we missed a lot. We were only able to catch the raffle part.
But in terms of food, there were a lot of booths to choose from. I just wish there were less cakes and more tarts or some other desserts. :)
There were a lot of people there even though we were 2hours late.
Overall it was great! :)
wow he sounds cool, and has taken blogging to a whole new level! and lol hey smurfette was cute and all the male smurfs likes her, I think it's a great compliment!
Yes he's amazing! :) And now because of his show, he gets to travel and eat even more.
Hahaha, I guess it's okay to be associated to smurfette :P
Congratulations for a dream come true.
Some blogger really inspire us to blog like them.
yes I agree! :) he's very inspiring. plus i love the fact that now he has time for his family and yet provide for them as well
glad to know you enjoyed your fist UTT! :) i think it's impossible to have a taste of everything there, though.
Hi Smarla,
Great to meet you in the event and thanks for supporting UTT 5.0 :)
Now, I won't forget your name na when you comment. It is also good to put a face to the commenter's name :)
Great post on the event!
Anton
Wow. Thank you so much for this comment. :) I'm so happy you found this post.
Yaaay thank you so much Anton. Looking forward to your upcoming projects!
@Dash, yup it's impossible to taste everything. :) i guess you just have to choose and then just get everyone else's contacts.
Go next year so that we can meet :D
i was there that night too. i think we may have bumped each other but hardly recognized. :)
http://cafemobility.blogspot.com/2010/11/ultimate-taste-test-at-fort.html
i came in late so im not sure. :) anyway, there's UTT 6. Hope to see you there!
Hi! Thanks for liking Sassy K chips and Dips! Too bad you weren't able to see the Sassy K table with our nice presentation. We were wiped out early. We've actually linked your blog into our facebook and so happy that you liked us. =) I hope you didn't mind.
We'll be at Mercato Centrale when it opens on Nov 21. Hope you can drop by so we can personally thank you for liking us. =)
Again thanks and God bless!
Sansan Tagarino
www.sassy-k.tk
Hi Sansan!
It's okay, we also arrived late. And even if they're not as presentable as it originally was, they're delicious. Seriously, you have great products!
Thank you for linking my blog to your FB!
I'll do my best to come to the Mercato Centrale. :) I'd love to see you guys again.
Hi Smarla!
This is Jeff Alejandrino of Village Breadhouse! Saw this just now! Thanks for making us part of your Top 10! We're really glad you loved our products! We'll post a link of your blog to our Facebook page if you don't mind. Hope to meet you one weekend in Mercato! Again, thank you very much!
Jeff
Hi Jeff! :)
I'm so glad you found my post. We love your products especially your dips! :)
Yes feel free to link this post to your blog.
I actually wrote about you again in my first write up about Mercato Centrale, here it is: http://everydaysweetnotes.blogspot.com/2010/11/mercato-centrale-10-food-blogging.html
Wow! Thanks Smarla! Don't forget to drop by our booth in Mercato this weekend! Hope to see you there! :)
You're welcome Jeff!
I'll try to drop by this weekend, I'm not yet sure. :) But I will return to Mercato for sure. :)
Recently I was extremely low on money and debts were eating me from all sides! That was UNTIL I decided to make money on the internet! I went to surveymoneymaker dot net, and started filling in surveys for cash, and surely I've been far more able to pay my bills!! I'm so glad, I did this!!! - 9drx
Post a Comment