Notice anything new? :)
First of all, I'd like to greet everyone a happy new year!
Welcome to my blog - a new face, an absolutely yummy direction but burning with the same big heart.
My love for sharing all things sweet has further transgressed to the realm of food. Ah yes, food! If you've noticed, for the past few weeks, I've been writing about food almost everyday. It was then that I realized that my love for food has gone way beyond my waistline.
Not only have I been eating out so much, I've been reading a lot of food books, food magazines and food blogs! I even find myself going back to the kitchen just to know and deeply understand food from its inception.
With a burning passion this big, I decided to create five new sections in my blog for my newly found interest in food:
1. Food Trip
I will detail all of my food trips around the metro and during my travels here :)
Since I want to bake and cook more this year, I will share with you all of my adventures
in the kitchen. Wish me luck!
I worked extremely hard on this section just for you my dear readers! :) I hope to be able
to help you in your search for the best food and hidden restaurants out there.
a. Everyday Sweet Notes Food & Travel Map
Yes, because I love you guys so much, I've mapped out all of the restaurants I've written about in this blog! Now you can easily visit the places I've visited. By zooming in the map and clicking the icons, you'll see the picture of the restaurant, my food tip and a link to its respective blog entry for more information. I'll be eating out more this year so expect that map to populate like crazy!
b. Categorized by Price Range, Location & Cuisine/Type of Store
And yes, because I really love you guys, I've categorized all of my food trips by price range, cuisine and location. Through this, I hope searching for the right restaurant for you will be a lot easier now.
If you still have questions, feel free to leave a message in the comments section. I'll be more than willing to help.
4. My Bookshelf
I promise to finish my food books/magazines this year, so I'll be sharing to you my thoughts on them afterwards. Maybe you might find a book that should be rightfully part of your own book collection too. :)
5. Sweets for Sharing
Just to show how much I really love you guys, I'm devoting an entire section of my blog so you can be updated on how to get free food - each made with love by me! Since I'll be baking this year, I want you guys to taste my kitchen creations for yourselves. I'm still a newbie baker so suggestions and especially encouragements will be accepted. Hahaha. :)
For more information on the new sections of my blog, check out my lovely sitemap on the right sidebar or click here.
Now isn't it such a happy and yummy new year?
Don't worry, I'll still post about romantic places, gift ideas and other things related to love in the Sweet Notes section. I am, after all, a sucker for all things sweet. :)
I've also added a "Like" button at the top of every post and a new Commenting System so I can directly reply to your comments! Now isn't that cool?
Of course, to accompany all these exciting changes, I'm presenting to you the new header for Everyday Sweet Notes. Yaaay! The illustrations were done by, none other than my friend, Lorra. Thank you Lorra!
I'm so excited for 2011! I hope you'll journey with me this year as I discover and share sweet notes on love and food for everyday life.
Happy 2011 everyone!







26 comments:
Hey Smarla! Glad to see the new header and features are up. I'm especially excited about the Kitchen Adventures and Ask Smarla sections. Great job on the mapping.
If you don't mind, I'd love to feature this as a part of my portfolio on my blog. I'll show the different logos I did and the illustration, and of course, link back to you. Hopefully, more people find your blog for food ideas for 2011. I'll wait for your reply before I post anything.
Happy New Year!
It's the header that changed and the sections :D
happy new year mona! :)
Smarlaaaaaaaa!!!!! The new header is sooo cutie!!! <3<3<3<3
And congrats on the new features on your blog. Grabe this is gonna be so helpful to a lot of people. Your the first food blogger ata na gumawa niyan! Thanks! So maha mo talaga kami ha? Hahahaha.
Happy New Year! :D
Your new header is cute. Happy new year, Smarla! I wish you more food trips in the future! :)
Happy New year Smarla! Looking forward to those things this year!
Salamat Robbie! Lorra helped me a lot with it. :D
I hope so talaga :D Yan kasi yung nahihirapan akong part with most food blogs, ang hirap mag-navigate so I'm trying to find a way to make searching easier here.
Haha oo naman, mahal ko kayo! :D
Happy new year Robbie!
Maraming salamat Dani! :) Tuwang tuwa nga ako kasi pati yung damit namin nagaya.
Food trip tayo together sometime Dani. :D
Happy new year to you to Peachkins! :)
Huwaw!! Ask Smarla!
For sure a lot of us are gonna ask u about your lovelife. Brace yourself more the most exclusive, explosive, exciting questions. Eto ang.. The Buzz!!
Happy New Year!
hahahaha! :)) why not? natawa naman ako, naging The Buzz na bigla itong blog ko. Patay!
Cute cute cute!!! I really need to start cooking out of the cookbooks we HAVE, instead of buying new ones!
wow, disqus seems to be a better commenting system. i used it as well, but it kinda removed all the other comments that were written in the blog. LOL. At least having this new commenting interface helps people without google accounts etc to comment normally.
I can so relate! I tend to buy a lot of cookbooks even though I haven't cooked out the cookbooks I already have. hahaha :))
heya smarlee! i love the new features. January is actually also a revamp month for my blog. Nakakatuwa. Your blog always surprises me!
I absolutely love the new blog header btw. Pag nakita yan ni eum, sasabihan ka niya na malandi ka! XD Super super will drop by all the time sa blog mo. I even have it on my feed readers on both my computers para laging updated.
This year daan ka ulit sa ateneo ha! Miss ka na namin eh :D
I super duper uber like the new header!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooooooo cute! soooooo you!!!!!!
wow wow wow! level up to the highest level smarsmar! ang daming bago sa blog mo! this will be really really helpful para sa aming lahat. dapat lang i-like talaga ang Blog mo sa Fesbuk :D
I love the new header. I love the new features in you blog. I love that you're using Disqus. Hehe. Great improvements!! Let's have a wonderful 2011, shall we? Happy New Year Smarla! Now, I need to have this kind of commenting thing. lol
there's a way to import the previous comments from blogger/another commenting system para di niya mahide yung previous comments. kuya ko though gumawa so I don't know how. hahaha, but nasa settings. :) mabilis lang!
and mas mabilis magload yung disqus than intense debate :)
madali lang i-install yung disqus, yung importing previous blogger comments yung nagpatulong ako sa kuya ko. :) may settings yung disqus to import all previous comments para di niya tabunan. cool!
thank you so much Dam! :D Btw, I showed your blog to my kuya tapos tuwang tuwa siya kasi mahilig siya sa movies and tv shows you write about :)
Thank you so much Justin! :D
I had Lorra help me with the header. Hahaha, diba nakakatuwa, cartoon versions namin ni RJ! I'm sure, aasarin na naman ako ni Eum. Tawag niya sakin Smarlandi eh.
Thank you talaga!
Yes promise, dadaan akong Ateneo ulit. :)
Thank you so much!! :D it's me and RJ and ganyan talaga kami kumain kaya nakakatuwa talaga. :)
awwwwwww salamat Jayvie! salamat sa pag-like :D
Happy New Year!
I'm Looking forward into your food posts, i'm posting stuffs about food also, hehe
:)
Niiiice! :) Sige I'll make sure to read your food posts too :) I love reading about food.
Happy new year!
hi smarla, happy new year ... bago ba ang template or just the header nice!
I really love your new header! :) Cool blog.
thank you so much Iryn! :)
Happy new year!
Hi Lorra!
Sure, you can put it in your portfolio in your blog. :)
Me too, I'm so excited about the Kitchen Adventures part. Maybe we can bake together too sometime.
Thank you so much Lorra, happy new year!
Post a Comment