Guys! I'm super happy and excited, I just got published :) What a great new year treat :)
During the latter part of 2010, I sent in a pitch for a new online art magazine, Spark Online.
It was going to be their first issue and their theme was, "New Beginnings."
My pitch was inspired by a post written by my photographer friend, RJ Remulla. It was about a common problem that creatives face when they pursue their artistic ambitions: passion vs. practicality. Let's face it, it's hard to be a newbie artist and it's not exactly the most financially secure path.
I then decided to write about a music bar that has established itself in the music scene without straying away from its advocacy and goal to be a cultural hub where people can dialogue about real and important issues that we face as a nation - Conspiracy Garden Cafe.
For six years now, Conspiracy Garden Cafe has been able to balance passion and practicality with the help of their friends from NGOs. Given this rare opportunity, Conspiracy Garden Cafe has also created a space for new and upcoming artists.
Finally, after the long wait, the magazine is live and my article has been published! Check it out here: click me!
If you want more of Noel Cabangon, you can check him out here in my previous blog entry or in this video below:
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)
During the latter part of 2010, I sent in a pitch for a new online art magazine, Spark Online.
It was going to be their first issue and their theme was, "New Beginnings."
My pitch was inspired by a post written by my photographer friend, RJ Remulla. It was about a common problem that creatives face when they pursue their artistic ambitions: passion vs. practicality. Let's face it, it's hard to be a newbie artist and it's not exactly the most financially secure path.
I then decided to write about a music bar that has established itself in the music scene without straying away from its advocacy and goal to be a cultural hub where people can dialogue about real and important issues that we face as a nation - Conspiracy Garden Cafe.
For six years now, Conspiracy Garden Cafe has been able to balance passion and practicality with the help of their friends from NGOs. Given this rare opportunity, Conspiracy Garden Cafe has also created a space for new and upcoming artists.
Finally, after the long wait, the magazine is live and my article has been published! Check it out here: click me!
I just want to thank the following people for making this possible:
- Gian - for introducing me to Conspiracy Garden Cafe
- RJ - for going to Conspiracy Garden Cafe with me for this article
- Noel Cabangon - for being so helpful and gracious with his time :D
- Richard Dacalos & Ku Romillo - for reviewing my article, helping me edit and for being so friendly.
If you're an indie art lover, I'm sure you'll love the entire magazine as well so don't forget to check it out at http://spark.ph. Enjoy! :)
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~




14 comments:
congrats to you! what a way to start off new year :) have a great one loveeee!
thank you so much Jess! :D
thank you pop champagne! happy new year!
awww thank you so much tita! :D
Salamat Robbie! :D ako rin, kaya nung nagpost yung photographer friend ko ng question na yun, sobra akong tinamaan.
Gaaaame! Pwede kitang samahan sa Conspiracy Garden Cafe if you want. :) Sa may Visayas Avenue lang sila.
I haven't been to their poetry reading sessions yet but I love the Noel Cabangon nights, super inspiring. :)
Me too, OPM rocks :D
Super congrats on the feature! And your new header is cute!!
thank you so much! :D happy new year!
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you and so proud of you too.
Congrats Smarla!
I love the idea and can relate to the whole passion vs. practicality thing. I'll make sure to check the site out later when I get home. =)
omg!!!! i'm soooooo happy for you! i loved the article you wrote! sapul na sapul :D CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to go to Conspiracy Garden Cafe specially when I learned from your write up na may poetry reading night sila. i love love love poems, and the last time I went sa isang poetry reading session, nainspire talaga ako. andaming Pinoy na magagaling talaga sumulat ng tula.
And also, I love OPM. mabuhay sila!
congratulations! a great start for 2011;)
thank you so much Mayet! :D
That's awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!
Post a Comment