Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Search for the Best Xiao Long Bao Pt3: The Famous Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao

Happy Chinese New Year!!! :D Let's start the new year with a bang with the much famed Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao

After my first two xiao long bao trips (part 1 and part 2), my obsession with finding the best xiao long bao has reached a whole new level. 
You can then only imagine what I felt when I saw the words "xiao long bao" written all over Crystal Jade's name. My friends have recommended this restaurant to me but I never expected its name to scream the food that I have been searching for. It was as if the restaurant was calling me to enter. Of course, how can I say no to such friendly invite?
Pot of Tea (Php50)
So in the middle of a busy errands day, I found refuge in Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao. Unlike its first few weeks, the long lines of Crystal Jade are now limited to lunch and dinner times. I arrived a few hours after lunch hour so I was privileged enough to enjoy a quiet meal by myself. 

Similar to my other Chinese restaurant visits, I started my meal with a hot pot of tea. The tea was a bit cold already though but I didn't bother having it changed. After all, I was only really after their famous Xiao Long Bao.
Xiao Long Bao (Php158/5 pcs)
Compared to Suzhou's and Shi Lin's, Crystal Jade's are more delicately translucent. After consuming a piece of these precious steaming dumplings, I was more than convinced that Crystal Jade has every right to have "xiao long bao" in its name. Hands down, the best Xiao Long Bao I've tasted so far. 

The smooth, soft skin breaks perfectly with one nibble so your mouth fills up with such flavorful broth. After which, you'll be surprised as you indulge in such savory and tender pork. Hmm, so this is what xiao long bao is all about! :) I was simply smiling with satisfaction after each dumpling. Yum!

Note: The broth inside is piping hot so it's best to let it cool for a few minutes after being served. 
So after three xiao long bao trips, I'm so happy I landed in Crystal Jade. No wonder it's a multi-awarded restaurant, bagging Singapore's Superbrands in 2010, Reader's Digest's Trusted Brand, and 2 Singapore Prestige Brand Awards in 2009. 

To the Red Dragon Culinary Concepts, Inc, thank you for bringing Crystal Jade to the Philippines! Now we don't have to travel all the way to Hong Kong and Singapore for a taste of your delicious xiao long bao. :) 

Happy Chinese New Year guys!

PS. They also have an open kitchen similar to Shi Lin so you can watch their cooks whip up your meals! 

Address: Virra Mall, Greenhills Shopping Center, Missouri St., San Juan City, Metro Manila
Contact: (02) 570-6910, (02) 570-6912
Operating Hours: Su, M, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Payment: Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Amex, JCB
Outfit: Casual


---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :) 


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~

8 comments:

Smar said...

Happy Chinese New Year Ed! :)

Ed said...

happy chinese new year, smarla! :D

Smar said...

Yup masarap dito! Although a friend of mine didn't like a certain waiter during her visit pero nung visit ko naman, okay naman. :)

Happy Chinese New Year!

Smar said...

Haven't tried these places but they've been recommended to me:
Ramen Bar - Eastwood
Ukkokei Ramen Ron - Makati

Wooow! :D masaya yan! iba yung satisfaction pag nasarapan ka talaga sa food na pinaka-inaasam asam mo. hahahaha!

Smar said...

Kung Hei Fat Choi too :D

Thepinaysolobackpacker said...

ma-i-try nga itech pag nagawe ako ng maynila. :) Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Robbie Bautista said...

Happy Chinese New Year Smarla!

Gagaya na rin kami ni Lou sayo. Gagawa kami ng hunt for the best Ramen. Wahahaha. Sobrang fave kasi namin parehas yun. :3 Any suggestions?

Charm Caliboso said...

Kung Hei Fat Choi!♥