I'm not sporty at all but this was worth the run.
I could still remember receiving a horrible phone call a few months ago. It happened minutes after the Bar blast in Taft.
I won't further elaborate on the details but let's just say I almost lost someone very important to me that day. Quite traumatic actually and I couldn't begin to imagine how worse it was for him.
Our friendly competition quickly died down when a whole mob of jogging police took over our spot in the race! Partnered with police jogging chants that seemed to taunt us, we tried our very best to sustain our jogging rate in order to keep up. Sadly, we later gave in and stepped aside to let them jog as a unit. Two intimidatingly large groups of police came like mighty waves of the ocean, brushing us off helplessly to the shore. Haha, so much for being competitive!
We finished the 3k race anyway under 27 minutes. Wohoo! Not so bad for a newbie runner eh? I'm sure RJ would have finished it faster on his own but he was torn between being a competitive runner and a good boyfriend. I'm so glad he chose the latter. :)
I'm really glad that I was able to take part in this event. Aside from getting the opportunity to jog with RJ, which I really love :), I'm also happy that I was able to help raise funds for the bar blast victims in my own little way. It may not be enough to cover all of their medical and rehabilitation bills, but I hope it goes a long way.
I'm still praying for the speedy recovery of the victims and everyone else who were affected by the incident.
For an update on the bar blast victims, click here.
PS. Just accomplished # 6 in my 23 List!
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)
I could still remember receiving a horrible phone call a few months ago. It happened minutes after the Bar blast in Taft.
I won't further elaborate on the details but let's just say I almost lost someone very important to me that day. Quite traumatic actually and I couldn't begin to imagine how worse it was for him.
So when I was invited to join the fundraising event for the bar blast victims, Two for Taft, I immediately said yes even if I wasn't physically prepared at all.
I tried preparing for the run during the first two weeks of January but I eventually gave in to my sleepy self. Good thing we signed up for the 3k. I would have been rolling all over the streets of Manila if we joined the 10k run!
Despite running "only" 3k, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I guess I am getting older. Uh oh! I honestly gave it my best effort - I did run most of the time, about 90% of the race. I had to walk whenever my right side would throb, fearful that my appendix might burst.
I was trying to be competitive with my runner boyfriend, RJ. Whenever he would tease me about my breathing (more like panting), I would simply brush it aside and say, "Sus, wala nga eh, hindi nga ako pinagpapawisan eh." (Translation: I'm not even breaking a sweat) Yeah right! I was red as a tomato at the end of the race. My Chinese genes give me away!
Our friendly competition quickly died down when a whole mob of jogging police took over our spot in the race! Partnered with police jogging chants that seemed to taunt us, we tried our very best to sustain our jogging rate in order to keep up. Sadly, we later gave in and stepped aside to let them jog as a unit. Two intimidatingly large groups of police came like mighty waves of the ocean, brushing us off helplessly to the shore. Haha, so much for being competitive!
![]() |
| Haha an after the race souvenir from Rexona |
![]() |
| I'm not really this chinky eyed, the sun was just too bright |
I'm still praying for the speedy recovery of the victims and everyone else who were affected by the incident.
For an update on the bar blast victims, click here.
PS. Just accomplished # 6 in my 23 List!
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~






12 comments:
Sorry na! :D shux napressure naman ako, 3k nga halos hindi na ako makahinga.
at bakit ka tumatakbo ng may sakit? magpahinga ka na. :)
i was able to test my stamina by sprinting 5k at the gym last sunday despite high fever, cough, and cold.... literally high fever(with cough and cold combo) to the point that i couldn't speak.. hollow words. but i was still able to make it, effortlessly. 5k is just an appetizer.
Yes but I feel so old minsan. Lalo na nung dinaanan kami ng 2 wave ng mga pulis, sobrang nanliit ako.
Gooosh mamamtay nga ata ako pag marathon! Puro fun run na lang muna. Hahaha!
Wag kang ganyan, mas bata ka pa sakin! Hahahaha. Congrats Smarla! Mahirap ang ganito sa mga beginners. Kahit beginner pa lang importante na dapat ang training ng kahit konti. At malayo na rin ang 3k for beginners no. Kaya malaking achievement na to. So ano.... Boston Marathon na ba next for you? Hahaha.
thanks Caity! :)
Wow good for you!
Kaya nga eh, hindi ko pa sya nahahatak. Next time, isasama ko talaga siya :)
yeaaah usually mahal nga mga fun run! i only like joining runs na may magandang cause :)
hahahahaha airconditioned fun run, why not? :))
i have always wanted to join fun runs but the lack of airconditioning equipment in outdoor activities hampered me. :)
"I'm sure RJ would have finished it faster on his own but he was torn between being a competitive runner and a good boyfriend. I'm so glad he chose the latter. :) "
eeeeeeeh kilig!!!!!!!!!! sana makasama si RJ minsan sa adbentyur ng Kaladkarins!
weehh.. masarap mag run smarla.. but recently di na ko nakakapag run.. ang mahal na ng registration nila eh.. huhu..
Post a Comment