Sunday, April 10, 2011

MeiDolls Cafe: When Cosplay Meets Food

Can't get enough of Cosplay?

Then let anime characters serve your food at MeiDolls Cafe - the first Tokyo Maid Cafe in the Philippines!

When Skysenshi told me about a cosplay restaurant in Cainta, I just had to bring my anime obsessed brother with me to see the place for ourselves. 
My brother and I in Angry Birds Bonnets
I may not be a cosplayer but it is admittedly hard to resist the infectious cuteness of MeiDolls Cafe. This is definitely the go to place when you're in need of some TLC. Fully committed to their characters, the attendants pamper their customers with much attention as they try to "power up" the dining experience with their secret ingredient, kawaii

Customers are treated with utmost royalty like "masters" and "hime-sama" (translation: princess). They even personally spray your hands with hand sanitizer before you eat. Now that's exceptional service that will surely keep you coming back for more. 
Energized by the cafe's overwhelming cheerfulness, my brother and I eagerly perused their kawaii menu. Their menu doesn't solely consists of traditional Japanese food, but rather a mix of Italian pasta dishes and other Western pastries and coffee blends.  
Chocolate Truffle Drink (Php85), Mango Smoothie (Php70)
Despite the warm weather inside the cafe (probably because of a broken aircon), I still ordered their warm Chocolate Truffle Drink in hopes of lounging with a comforting mug of hot chocolate. To my dismay, it failed to offer any gratification with its overtly pale, tasteless and watery consistency. My brother's smooth and perfectly blended Mango Smoothie made up for it anyway. 
Meidoll Pesto - Php95
My brother and I also shared a plate of their Meidoll Pesto, a dish that demands more practice. The noodles were overcooked and lacked enough flavor to merit as a pesto pasta.
Kawaii Chocolate Cupcake - Php50
Kawaii Vanilla Cupcake - Php50
Despite my streak of unfortunate orders, I was still surprisingly upbeat by the time we reached our desserts, probably brought about by the thoughtful food art created by our attendants when they served our cupcakes. I'm such a sucker for anything made with love. :P 

It's a good thing these colorful cupcakes did not disappoint. Each sugary bite revealed the cupcakes' fluffy and moist center, finishing off with its frothy pink icing that left my palate with a sweet and satisfied ending. However, I wasn't ready to leave MeiDolls Cafe just yet. I was determined to find another dish that might redeem their Meidolls Pesto.  
Meidoll Miso Ramen - Php85
Upon consulting with our attendants, we ordered one of their specialties, Meidoll Miso Ramen. For Php85, the Miso Ramen was pretty good. The soup was salty with a hint of spice that kicks in at the end. 
Their food, in general, is admittedly nothing extraordinary but they're okay given their cheap prices. Despite that, I think MeiDolls Cafe still offers a dining experience that's worth the trip. The meidolls, after all, are really the main stars of this cafe. Their cheerfulness and personal care for each customer sets the bar for superb restaurant service. 

And oh yeah, the Meidolls also have a dance number every 4PM for their customers. It's truly cosplay cuteness overload!


More Info on MeiDolls Cafe:
Address: 2nd Floor Saunterfield, Km.20 Ortigas Avenue Extension, Cainta
Map: Click Here
Landmark: across Brookside Village 3
Operating Hours: Mon-Sun 10AM-10PM
Menu: Click Here
Budget: Php80-Php200/head
Payment: Cash Only
Outfit: Casual
Commuting Instructions: From Sta Lucia East Grand Mall Phase 1, take a "Tikling" or "Binangonan Highway" and say you're going down at Brookside


---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :) 


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~

51 comments:

Smar said...

Thank you so much Reia for really taking time to read the comments and respond to the concerns raised. Will definitely be back. I promised to accompany a blogger friend of mine during his visit :)

Smar said...

Thank you so much for your responses in my blog. I really appreciate it. And though there's a problem with the airconditioning right now, the service is superb :)

Smar said...

When I was there, the Fried Sushi Rolls weren't available. But okay, will try the others on my next visit :) thank you for these recommendations!

Smar said...

thanks for this information Reia!

MeiDoll Reia said...

Actually we try our best to dance every hour (or anytime of the day everyday) esp. if not very busy. We will also dance if you finish our RAMEN CHALLENGE or order our Banana Mango HS fruit shake. :P

We also dance for birthday celebrants any time. :D

-MeiDoll Reia
MeiDolls Cafe Proprietor

MeiDoll Reia said...

Please do try the food products I suggested. :) Oh try our Fried Tempura Ice Cream as well apart from the other products I recommended. They are our bestsellers. :)

RECOMMENDATIONS (also our personal favorite and bestsellers): Fried Sushi Rolls, Breadrolls, Lasagna, Curry Carbonara, Cakepops, Fried Tempura Ice Cream, Omurice, Fishkatsu.

MeiDoll Reia said...

1. My apologies on the airconditioning. Initially we bought an aircondition good for 30sqm. only, since our first shop was only 30sqm. We didn't expect na mapapaaga ang paglipat namin sa bigger venue. We are only three months old. Right now, we are doing our best na makaipon for better aircon good for 50sqm. na.
2. Indeed this is a dismal, but we are doing our best right now to fix this issue. It is indeed alarming but we are working it out right now na hindi na kami ma-out of stock as much as possible.
3. Location. The distance adds to the charm. But hopefully soon makapag-branch out na kami... we'll see. :)

Thanks for the input and hopefully we'll improve more. :D

-MeiDoll Reia
MeiDolls Cafe Proprietor

MeiDoll Reia said...

Hi! I am really sorry you were disappointed with the food products you ordered. Though admittedly the Pesto is not our best product, but I would certainly recommend you try our lasagna, curry carbonara (a japanese inspired pasta esp. in meidolls only), our famous FRIED sushi rolls, bread rolls, cake pops, and for our rice variants please try our omurice (our bestseller) and fishkatsu. We take pride in our own recipe of the aforementioned products, they our bestsellers and our personal favorites that I will definitely recommend to our patrons. If you do dropby again I hope you will try those and maybe change your mind about our menu.

Then again, thanks so much for your nice review. And hope to see you again. :)

- MeiDoll Reia
MeiDolls Cafe Proprietor

Phoebe R said...

Wow! A maid cafe in the Phils! I wanna go! And wow a, very cheap prices nga. :))

Smar said...

yup i remember you! :) thanks Roni, I'll visit your blog too :)

Roni said...

hi there! i'm not sure if you remember but i met you at the DCF anniversary with your siblings (your sis and my bf are friends). :) i love all your features here! you can also check out my page if ever maligaw naman kayo sa Marikina, hehe. more power to your blog!!

ciao,
Roni

skysenshi said...

Haha, oo nga, should round up the cosplay peeps!

Smar said...

Hahaha get the cosplay people together! :D madali kong nahatak kuya ko kasi he's into anime :)

Smar said...

yeah sobrang nakakatuwa yung mga servers! napaka happy pa kasi nila :)

skysenshi said...

Yah, but this is THE maid cafe to visit daw. Hahaha! I really need to get people to join me on this pilgrimage, hahaha!

Smar said...

You'll definitely love the place if you're into kawaii :D

Smar said...

you've been to the other maid cafe naman eh :D i haven't been there or to any of the BF restaurants :)

Jayvie said...

i want ramen!!! now!!!! demanding lang hihi

eto yata yung binanggit dati ni Robx. ang cute ng mga girls!!!!!!! :D

Reish said...

Love it! I love anything Japanese. :) I wanna goooo!!!! :D

skysenshi said...

Waaaah! I feel like I'm the only other person who hasn't been here. I've always wanted to visit the place. :(

Smar said...

After Holy Week magaan na schedule ko. :D yeaaaah kozui! marami pa silang green tea concoctions na hindi ko pa nattry

Smar said...

wow talaga! I never knew na okay rin palang food trip place ang cainta :D makabisita nga ulit para maghanap pa ng other restaurants! :D

dashashash said...

Woah! You went there na. I've been wanting to go there since I saw Ian [Carandang]'s post. Pero wait, tama... Kozui muna. :D Or kahit tambay lang in Blenz. When are you free? I'd be out of town sa Holy Week. Let me know, okay? :)

Mai said...

korek lemme know!! lookin' forward to meeting u too!! :D plus may isa pa! just across Meidolls is Rublou Plaza there's this burger place called Burger Joint that even Gang Badoy raved about! 2 birds with one stone? hahaha

Smar said...

Hindi ako pwede sa May 6 pero pwede ako May 14 and 21 :D

Smar said...

I agree with your list of things for improvement lalo na sa food taste. I guess it's a cafe that you go to for the experience more than the food.

Smar said...

talaga? may solo dance number din? okay yung visit mo ah, 2 dance numbers!

Smar said...

thanks! :D we got them from clipper

Smar said...

it's really a different kind of dining experience that's worth the trip. :D

John Ray Cabrera said...

i was here too. http://cafemobility.blogspot.com/2011/04/meidolls-cafe-tokyo-maid-cafe.html. i told Bea too about it.

the concept is promising but they need some improvement on:

1) airconditioning(medyo mainit especially during the afternoon kase direct yung silaw ng araw sa glass window)
2) food taste and availability(ang daming hindi available when i was there)
3) location(they have to be in a better and more urban location because that is where their market are)

the service is good though.

Robbie Bautista said...

Game!!!! Wohooooooo! Actually most weekends naman free ako. Just tell me when. Except this Sat and next Sat. Hahaha. Laging mahirap ang scheduling naten! Hahaha.

How about May 7 and May 14? Kozui and Meidolls (hahaha kaya ba to???) sa 7 and then BF Resto hunt sa 14? Hahahaha.

John Ray Cabrera said...

and by the way, when i was there, there was a solo dance number by my attendant(a korean i initially thought as japanese) and a group dance number 30min after.

Cym Marzan said...

Kakaibang cafe ito! I like your bonnets. hehehe!

chef_d said...

Haha cute video! Now I'm getting intrigued, maybe it's worth the trip from QC to Cainta :)

Smar said...

Hi JM Feli! :) Yes, the dance presentation is at 4pm everyday. I think they also dance during other hours but I'm not sure when.

And yes, your daughter will definitely love the place. :) Sayang hindi natuloy yung visit niyo for her birthday.

Smar said...

sabihan din kita kung babalik kami. :D and yes, diba pupunta pa tayo sa Energy Lounge?

Magaling ka na ba Rackell? Out of the hospital?

Smar said...

Sige, pag na-set ko kung kailan kami pupunta, I'll give you a heads up para I can meet you na rin in person. :)

Smar said...

You're welcome! It's such a cute and fun place and kung cosplay/anime fan ka, sobrang mag eenjoy ka. :)

Smar said...

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!! talaga? ang daming restos nga dyan na matagal ko nang minamatahan! Game :D

Smar said...

gaaaame! :D kelan ka pwede? :) Si Dam din daw gusto sumama.

Yup gusto ko ma-try yung green tea. When we visited kasi hindi available.

JM Feli said...

Wow! love this, we were planning to go there last March for my daughter's birthday, she's a cosplay fan, btw, but my schedule is not agreeing with it however, I'll have my daughter check this blog, and hopefully we could finally visit. So is the dance presentation shown everyday at 4 pm?
tnx for the post, God bless!

Rackell Lumberio said...

wow! gusto ko rin pumunta dyan.. can we schedule another food trip dyan smarla? cge na.. please!!!

Mai said...

Hey Smar! I live super near here! I've been meaning to eat here...if you guys are coming back sama ako! :D nakakatuwa pa cos when I drive past it every night I see them in costumes DANCING! super charming talaga! :D lemme know if you guys are coming back! :D

Mai
http://maierz.blogspot.com

Robbie Bautista said...

Also, pwede naman kitang samahan kung gusto mo pumunta sa BF! :)

Robbie Bautista said...

Promise?
Wahahaha ang needy/clingy lang! I actually wanna go there for the experience and I'm not expecting so much sa food. Pero mukhang masarap yung Ramen! :D

Unahin muna natin yung sa Green Tea! <3

Santelmo of PinoyMuffinTop said...

waaaaaaaa! i wanna go! i wanna try! ^_______^

Thanks for sharing this, Smarla! ^____^

Smar said...

hahaha :)) it's my brother's. meron sa clipper ng mga angry bird bonnets. :)

Smar said...

pwede kitang samahan! :D

TRAurelius said...

can i have your bonnet? hehe

i wanna go there!!!

:D

Robbie Bautista said...

Waaaah you went here nuhhhhhhhh. =(
Gusto ko na din pumunta dito eh.

The Reluctant Stylista said...

I'm curious. Do all the servers have to be chinita/japonesa looking?