Saturday, November 27, 2010

Validation: The Smile That Saved a Life

(photo courtesy of livingabundancewithgreglunger.com)
Aren't we all just seeking for validation? 


This short heart warming film will surely make you smile. :) Who knows, that smile might even save a life. 
My friend, Professor Justin, recently posted a short film in his blog that really made me smile. The title of the film is, "Validation"

"Validation" is a fable about the magic of free parking. Starring TJ Thyne & Vicki Davis, this film is written, directed and composed by Kurt Kuenne. 

This 15 minute indie film has also been recognized by several award giving bodies: 
  • Winner - Best Narrative Short, Cleveland Int'l Film Festival
  • Winner - Jury Award, Gen Art Chicago Film Festival
  • Winner - Audience Award, Hawaii Int'l Film Festival
  • Winner - Best Short Comedy, Breckenridge Festival of Film
  • Winner - Crystal Heart Award, Best Short Film & Audience Award, Heartland Film Festival
  • Winner - Christopher & Dana Reeve Audience Award, Williamstown Film Festival, 
  • Winner - Best Comedy, Dam Short Film Festival
  • Winner - Best Short Film, Sedona Int'l Film Festival.

Aside from being multi-awarded, I wanted to share this film with you guys since it made me smile and I'm sure it'll also make you smile. 


There are some cheesy parts here and there but overall, the film packs a very simple yet vital life message that we usually forget. It's always nice to be reminded of the little things that make life beautiful. 


It's about 15 minutes long, but I tell you, it's worth it. :)

Did this film make you smile as well? 


Let me know what you think of the film. Pass this video forward to people who might need a little validation - it might just save a life. :)


For a brief theological look into "Validation", check out Professor Justin's blog entry


~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

2 comments:

Kate @ the wooden spoon said...

How fantastic! I started watching because I love the actor, and figured I'd watch a couple minutes of the movie. 15 minutes later.... :)

Thanks for sharing that!

Smarla said...

you're welcome :D yeaah he's a really good actor :)