Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hanging Out with Fred on a Clear Blue Sky Day

Golfer for a day? 

Last week, Fred suddenly called me in the morning and asked if I could accompany him to an event where 12 Baskets Bakeshop was one of its concessionaires. So right after my meeting, we went all the way up to Binangonan, Rizal to man his booth.
The goodies were all in their Christmas gift-ready packages so our display looked so festive. We had coffee bun, ensaymada, egg tart, lengua de gato, focaccia bread, brownies and multi-grain loaf. 

Here is Fred's interview regarding 12 Baskets Bakeshop during the event: 
The event was supposedly a fundraising event for 2 cancer kids but in my opinion, it looked more like a network marketing event. (Sorry!) There's nothing wrong with network marketing if it suits you but why not hold a separate event all together for people who are truly interested in that? 

The amount of time given to the network marketing sponsors was too lengthy for my liking so Fred and I decided to explore the venue instead. 
This venue, an exclusive golf course, was absolutely photogenic especially with such a strikingly blue sky. I barely edited these photos but they look so stunning, don't you agree? :)
I was told that nearby residents used to jog and have picnics here before it became an exclusive golf club venue. Awww :(
Since we were on top of the mountain, we also had a spectacular view of Rizal. It was absolutely breathtaking especially when the city lights slowly started lighting up. 
Aside from having a well maintained garden, I was also amazed at the same time scared at how freakishly huge their koi fishes are! They're chubbier than my arms and about half as long as my arm. So imagine the horror and the excitement I felt each time they tried to jump out of the water!
The fundraising event was supposed to have a fun run, a bazaar and a golf tournament which all got canceled. The bazaar only had 2 concessionaires, including our booth, so the event really looked like one big network marketing event with Bingo on the side. I'm not really into that so we just maximized our stay there by camwhoring. Haha. :P
In the end, I honestly felt that the event organizers could have done a better job especially if the intent is to raise funds for 2 kids with cancer. :(

Anyway, despite my personal troubles with the event, I still had fun hanging out with Fred and taking pictures of the venue. Fred loved the Slimmers World 15 minute program. Don't ask me to elaborate on that. Hahaha. 

I don't see myself coming back to this place since I don't play golf - I simply want to ride a golf cart. :P We weren't able to do so, we just took pictures of ourselves in the golf cart and pretended to be golfers for a day. Hahaha. 

Have a happy Sunday! 

PS. The Gary Video is up! Check out my post: click here

More Info on 12 Baskets Bakeshop:
Address: 38 Gen J. Gutierrez St. Cor J. Abad Santos St., Little Baguio, San Juan City
Operating Hours: 6AM-10PM daily
Contact Number: 09209384212

Other 12 Baskets Related Posts:
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the organizers of the event would be able to read this so they can improve on their future ones. Galing Smarl, ha, kung san-san ka nakakarating. :)

Smarla said...

Yes I hope they could. Marami pa akong reklamo but baka batukan ako ni Fred so I kept it to a minimum. :P

Hahaha, nahahatak lang at basta wala akong meeting or kailangang gawin, pwede naman akong lumabas :)

cafémobility said...

pagnagmamaneho ka parang playstation lang ha, parang racing steer wheel console lang. :)

cafémobility said...

tsaka you play piano without using the pedals? no damper and una-corda notes? :)

Smarla said...

Hi John Ray!

Hahahaha, sympre kakaiba ako magplay ng piano at magmaneho ng golf cart :P

Nakasarado pa nga yung piano nyan eh. Nahiya kami buksan :P

Smarla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smarla said...

Hi Peachkins,

Thank you so much! :D

Jayvie said...

aaaw pianista pala si Smarsmar?! hihi.

geez, you are right. stunning the place ah! :D

Smarla said...

Hey Jayvie! :D

Hahaha faker pianist lang! naglessons ako nung bata ako but I stopped nung nainsecure akong mas magaling pa yung mas bata saken sa recital. Hahaha.