Thursday, December 2, 2010

KaffeCaffe: Coffee with a Touch of Love + Free Desserts!

This is the coffee that saved our afternoon. 


Last week, my friends, Kiwee, Fred and I traveled all the way to Manila in search for the best xiao long bao/pao. However, with one bite, we knew it wasn't the best xiao long bao out there. 


Disappointed, we went to a burger shop that my other friend has been raving about. Sure enough the servings were big but it was too oily for our liking. Once again, we felt disappointed and we were ready to go home from an afternoon of failed food trips.


However, Fred suddenly thought of a coffee shop in Banawe that might just cheer us up. So with just a few minutes to spare (Fred's car was coding), we drove all the way from Malate to Banawe, Quezon City. 
Luckily, we arrived just in time to catch the coding window time. Located at the corner of Ma. Clara St. and Banawe St., KaffeCaffe proved to be the coffee shop that would actually save the day. 

The owner of KaffeCaffe is a friend of Fred, Anjie. She has been passionately studying the art making great coffee before she opened her very own coffee shop. Even up to date, she continues to offer special coffee classes to enthusiasts and HRM students. I think I might sign up for one. :)
Cappuccino (Php90)
Following Fred's advice, Kiwee ordered a cup of their classic Cappuccino. I've had a lot of cups of Cappuccino before but this is honestly my favorite. Not only is the presentation adorable, the taste is also exquisite. Kiwee described it as "nothing short of perfection". I actually kept on asking for sips from her cappuccino since the blend was just spot on. 
Kahlua Coffee (Php145)
Of course I ordered a cup of coffee for myself as well. I wanted to be a little more daring and taste the coffee shop's own "flavor experiments" so I ordered their Kahlua Coffee

Unlike some of the alcohol and coffee combinations I've tried in the past, this cup had a melodious mix of Kahlua and coffee. The two strong flavors surprisingly complemented each other and heightened each others' aromas. It really did smell like a great cup of coffee to wake up to each morning. :) The coffee was rich and smooth and it gave a nice alcohol kick at the end of each sip. 
Since Fred's car was coding, we stayed in KaffeCaffe for several hours but we really didn't mind. They had a homey and relaxed ambiance plus they had extremely fast internet connection. 

The other customers in the shop also stayed so long there. I guess this has turned into their second home. We actually met another friend of Fred later on and she apparently uses the coffee shop as her studying place. 

So if you find yourself in Quezon City area and you're about to get stuck because of coding, I would personally recommend KaffeCaffe as your hideout. From our personal experience, it's a really great coffee shop to get "stuck in." :) Or if you're simply looking for a quiet place with absolutely great tasting coffee, then I believe this is the hub for you. 
Plus, KaffeCaffe is now offering free desserts on certain days! Yaaay! So tomorrow up to Sunday (check the time on time picture above), you can enjoy a free platter of Kaffe Caffe's best sellers and Christmas drinks. Yaaay free desserts, I'm so tempted to come back tomorrow! Hmmm..why not? 

After experiencing a disappointing afternoon of food trips, KaffeCaffe definitely saved the day with their brilliant mix of coffees. 

Thank you KaffeCaffe for serving as our retreat house. You motivated us once again to go on more food trips in search of other hidden culinary gems like your coffee shop. :)
PS. Since their internet connection was so fast, we dared Fred to find out what ever happened to the child actor, "Tom Taus." He typed "Tom Taus" on Google and he was just as shocked as we were with what he found. Haha. I dare you to find out for yourselves too! :P


More Info on KaffeCaffe:
Address: 46 Banawe St. cor. Ma. Clara St., Quezon City, Metro Manila
Map: Click Here
Budget: Php90-150
Contact Number: (63 2) 412-1742
Operating Hours: Mon-Sun, 7AM-11PM


Related Coffee Shop Posts:
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

14 comments:

cafémobility said...

i have yet to explore this side of the earth. oh, except Maki Haus Banawe.

Smarla said...

I havent tried that place yet :) i dont go to banawe a lot too. :)

Robbie said...

Seriously. I wish I lived near QC because most of the cafes and restaurants you blog about are there.

I will stalk all your food posts and try them one at a time! Hahaha.

Smarla said...

Don't worry, may isang blogger sa Paranaque ata siya nakatira kasi puro dun yung food posts niya. Kaya ngayon, inaaral ko paano magcommute to Paranaque. May train daw dun? Yung hindi mrt/lrt. :)

Sige, I can give you a list of the restos na i highly recommend :D

Ed said...

kape!!!

not really a big fan but it's nice to try out these shops once in a while. mas trip ko ang desserts. hehe

Smarla said...

Hi Ed!

Haha gusto lang namin magcleansing niyan dahil sa burger na kinain namin so coffee lang muna. Although gusto ko matry desserts nila :D

Btw I love your travel blog!

Peggy said...

I just love great coffee shops! Glad you guys got to have a happy moment in all of those foodie disappointments!

Smarla said...

Yes me too, I love learning about great coffee shops I can relax in. :)

Yes, good thing Fred showed us this coffee shop otherwise we would have went home disappointed

Anonymous said...

OMG TOM TAUUUS. O da ba nagba-backread ako. Hahahaha.

Wooow, I love coffee I love coffee I love coffee. Meron ka bang isa-suggest from KaffeCaffe na alternative for SB's White Chocolate Mocha? :)

Smarla said...

Hi Dani!

Wooow talagang nagbaback read, salamat! :)

DIBA OMG TOM TAUS! WTH!!! Cedie with abs!

hmmm 2 pa lang natikman ko sa kaffecaffe, balikan kita on that :)

Smar said...

Yup masarap yung coffee nila dito plus if they have coffee trainings if you're into that :)

nancyquimpo said...

Sounds interesting... Will stay here the next time I have my car washed at Genki hehe =D

Smar said...

Hi Anj! :) Sure, feel free to post it on your FB. We really had a great time in KaffeCaffe.

Wooow okay, that sounds great! And yes, I'm excited about the barista for a day program. Hmm I wonder if I'm a good barista. Hahaha. Turning the shop into a studio sounds like a fun idea! I would certainly go since I want to learn how to make good coffee. :) Your coffees are great!

You're welcome Anj! I'm so glad Fred introduced us to your shop.

Anjferreria said...

Thanks for the review! i found it quite late! hope it's ok to post this on our KaffeCaffe page on Facebook!:)

Do drop by and look for me, i might just have new desserts for you to try!:) You can always do our barista for a day program (we charge Php500 for 4 hours! i'd teach you all about the history and the differences of latte, mocha, cappuccino etc!)

We're now actually the home of the Barista Guild of the Philippines, so sometimes you'll see HRM students making their own coffee! We might just make our bar a KaffeCaffe studio where those interested could make their own coffee with the assistance of our professional baristas of course!

For those who are too far away from banawe, we also do Coffee Catering! We set up a coffee bar at your event--- conferences, weddings, kiddie parties, grand openings, funerals and wakes!

And for those even farther away, we also "kaffe-inated" (We trained their baristas) the following establishments: Cafe Oramoca in Ormoc Leyte, Bicol Blends of Legaspi City Albay, Sabel BenCab Museum of Baguio City and Estancia Hotel of Tagaytay!

Thanks again!

Anj