I've mentioned this before but I'm admittedly a nerd. I love reading books and lately, I've been reading a lot of blogs as well.
Back in grade school, I was most proud of myself when I reach my 2nd library card since that meant I've been reading books everyday.
So I was more than excited when I learned that a new bookstore opened in Cubao Expo, Libreria Bookstore.
I kept raving about the place to RJ so he actually bought me a cookbook from Libreria for our monthsary. Yaaaay! Although when he handed it to me, my first reaction was, "You went to Libreria without me?!?" Haha!
So after our trip to KaffeCaffe, Kiwee and I traveled to Cubao to see Libreria Bookstore for ourselves. As soon as we got there, I rushed over to the food section while Kiwee to the fiction books.
I think I was so excited that I accidentally acquired a paper cut from the huge Chocolate Book. Their books are really in good condition - they're still in their paper cut condition! :) With a bleeding finger, I can definitely say that this book is begging me to buy it. It left its mark on me!
Kiwee was choosing between two books of the same author so she asked for Triccie's (the store owner) help. Triccie was really warm and friendly so Kiwee heeded her advice and bought the older book. She got a hard bound book from one of her favorite authors for only Php150. Niiice! Actually, most of their book prices range from Php50-300.
There are also Php50 bargain books in the store from Triccie's personal book collection. In fact, she created Libreria Bookstore since she had too many books at home. I guess she's also a book hoarder like me. :)
Libreria Bookstore offers a lot of good books, some of which aren't even found in the large bookstores. They offer a wide selection of books from Philosophy, Management, Fashion, Cookbooks, Fiction, Non Fiction, Children's Books and even pop up books.
Plus according to their twitter, they just received a new box of books last November 28! I can't wait to go back and see these new babies for myself.
So if you find yourself in Cubao area in need of a refuge, Libreria Bookstore is open from 3-8PM. You can relax on their couch, prop up a good book on your lap and maybe even enjoy it with their Php50 coffee.
So how about you, where are your happy places?
More Info on Libreria
Address: 64-D, Cubao Expo, Gen. Romulo St., Araneta Center, Cubao QC, 1109
Landmarks: In Between Mogwai and Bellini's
Operating Hours: 3-8PM, until midnight from Thursday-Saturday
Facebook Page: Click Here
Other Cubao Expo Posts:
- Cubao Expo's Alan's Grill: Let's Talk Art, Grilled and Filipino Food
- Cubao Expo's Future National Artists & Their 15 Tips for Aspiring Artist
- Cubao Expo's Mogwai Cinematheque: Taking Movie to a Different Level
- Your Life as Art: Photo Memories on Wood






11 comments:
Ms. Banapple! hihi. ang homey homey naman ng feel dyan! like it!
pareho tayo. super like ko din tumambay sa kahit anong bookstore (oops, except NBS). everytime i go to a mall, i always have to stop by at any bookstore, may bibilhin man ako o wala :D
sige sige, i'll definitely drop by there pag napadpad ako sa Cubao :P
cubao expo? you could have dropped by at bellinis. you're maybe just a stone-throw away.
Hi Jayvie! :)
Haha ako kahit NBS basta malaking NBS. kasi pag maliit puro supplies lang, halos walang books :P
yeah super nice sa cubao expo! maraming novelty shops
Hi John Ray,
I did go to Bellini's right after :D i have to write about that yet :D
Smarla, thank you so much. I look forward to your next visit. The latest shipment is almost all on the shelves now, 2 boxes still waiting to be opened. I am expecting 27+ boxes this week. My happy problem now is where to put the new books. LOL
I hope everyone can help me out by raiding my shelves soon.
Happy holidays to you.
P.S. I moved stuff around so you have to come and check it out again soon. I think you will enjoy the new couch
Thank you so much too! :) i really love your selection of books and I'm so happy that you have the happy problem of having so much books again.
I'll definitely drop by soon again to check out your new books. :)
Wow new couch! nice, i'll definitely come back
I've been there and teh atmosphere is really great.
yes! i really want to come back and just hang out there. :) maybe grab coffee, relax on their couch and read a good book
thanks for sharing your blog! :) I'll definitely visit you blog too. :D
Just came across your blog searchinh for bellinis. I love your blog. I love books and hidden restos too! I have a blogspot too but i just started. Check it out if you hve nothing else to do haha. Http://fullofhauteair.blogspot.com.
-kam
Post a Comment