Honestly I felt frustrated since I've been eating quite a lot lately. But then again, I realized that this only asserted my right to eat even more and so I came back to Mercato Centrale to do just that.
![]() |
| Trixie of Eats Trixie |
![]() |
| Jamfoods & Co's Angus Beef Tapa Rice Meal (Php150) |
My sister loved the 1 kilo tub of Angus Beef Tapa that she bought from Jamfoods & Co. last week so she bought another kilo this week. I didn't get a taste the Angus Beef which she described as thin and wonderfully seasoned with a bacon-like taste.
So yesterday, Trixie and I each bought an Angus Beef Tapa Rice Meal from them. I must say, it tastes way better than Tapa King. It did have a very similar taste to bacon and it was so tender that it almost melted like butter in my mouth. I'm so happy we started my power eating mission with this rice meal.
![]() |
| Sage's Vegetarian Spaghetti and Meat-Like Cubes with Mashed Potatoes (Php Free!) |
While we were enjoying our Angus Beef Tapa, we were invited to watch the cooking demo of Sage Vegetarian Products in between the two tents. We were able to catch Chef Dolly's demonstration of making vegetarian barbecue using their tofu.
I'm not really into vegetarian food since I'm such a meat lover but I must say that their sampling of vegetarian spaghetti and meat-like cube cuts actually tasted similar to their meat counterparts. Of course the texture is different but it tastes like meat.
![]() |
| Tina's Pie Outlet's Lemon and Herb Frozen Meringue Pie (Free Taste for Me :D) |
After reading Dessert Comes First's write up on Tina's Pies, I swore that I will order some of these pies for myself. I love pies so you could only imagine how I jumped for joy when Tina invited me to sample her pies. Finally, I get to actually taste the pies that Lori described so vividly in her blog.
Tina told me to eat the Lemon and Herb Frozen Meringue Pie right away which I happily obliged. Like a little girl opening her Christmas presents, I hurriedly looked for a seat so I could savor this pie immediately.
Sharing just a few bites with RJ and my sister, I finished this pie all by myself in less than 5 minutes. Yes, it was that good. RJ kept laughing at how emotional I was while eating it. It was as if I was part of a commercial. But seriously, who wouldn't fall in love with this frothy pie with homemade ice cream and a strong lemon and herb flavor? I obviously did as I couldn't help but close my eyes and say "mmm" after each bite.
![]() |
| Mochiko's Green Tea Mochi Ball (Php90) |
My brother asked me to make him homemade mochi balls but I failed miserably in my attempt. I wanted to have a better picture of how it should really taste like so I bought 1 piece of Mochiko's Green Tea Mochi Ball.
It's about a fist-size colored mochi ball with cold ice cream inside. So expect a sudden burst of brain freeze if you devour this in one bite. I decided to eat this slowly and really study the texture and the flavor of the mochi so I could replicate it at home for my brother. I love green tea ice cream so the added Mochi texture made it even more special.
![]() |
| Lola Maria Restaurant's Sampling of Cocidp (Php Free) |
After having 2 desserts, I was in the mood again for some appetizers so I was on the look out for great tasting samplers. My first stop was Lola Maria Restaurant.
My sister loved their Cocido so much that she bought another pack of their Cocido rice meal for her "baon" this week. She kept raving about it after mass that I decided to take a spoonful of their Cocido from their stall. True to my sister's fan girl testimonial, Lola Maria's Cocido was so tender and bursting with a great mix of vegetables, spices and meat flavors.
![]() |
| Chop & Fry's Flavored Radish |
I wanted to challenge myself so I decided to face one of my least favorite foods: radish. So when I passed by Chop & Fry's stall, I sampled their flavored Radish samples: Salt & Vinegar, Nori, Lemon Curry and Lime Salt.
To my surprise, I actually enjoyed their radish, especially their Nori flavored radish. The nori flavor successfully lessened the extremely sour flavor of radish.
![]() |
| Bale Dutung's Pan de Bagnet (Php150, but I got mine at Php100) |
Last week, people were going crazy over Bale Dutung's Pan de Bagnet that we couldn't even go through the 3 layers of line covering the stall. This week, I was confronted yet again with the same problem so I decided to wait until almost closing time before buying one of Claude Tayag's famous Pan de Bagnet.
I'm a big fan of Claude Tayag's food writing and photography so I was so excited when I luckily caught the last piece of Pan de Bagnet! Yes, I got the last piece! I heard so many, "awww sayang" from other customers while they were preparing my own Pan de Bagnet.
Since my sandwich used all of the bagnet leftovers, they sold the sandwich to me at Php100 instead of the original price, Php150. I couldn't care less if it was packed with bagnet leftovers since it tasted so good and crunchy with a powerful herby flavor.
Now I'm convinced, I have to go to Pampanga and eat in Bale Dutung. Anyone who wants to go with me? :)
![]() |
| Mark Nelson Sighting Again (Php Mine) |
Another yummy surprise arrived again in Mercato Centrale. Hahaha! This is what you call power eating. I'm kidding!
Before I knew it, the market was closing since it was already noon. I wasn't done yet with my power eating so I decided to bring home some food so I can continue my mission there.
Here are some of the food that I brought home with me:
![]() |
| Tina's Pie Outlet's Beef & San Miguel Light Savoury Pie (Free Taste for me :D) |
When I met Tina in her stall, the first thing she asked me was if I drink beer. I happily flashed my biggest smile and said a resounding yes. She then handed me a piece of her Beef & San Miguel Light Savoury Pie which had a strong delicious scent that seeps through its translucent paper packaging.
When I unraveled the pie from its packaging, it looked so divine in its glowing puff crust with an adorable piece of green pea on top. I took it outside so I could take a picture of it using natural light.
I guess its scent was so strong that my dog, Nick, even jumped and tried to get hold of the pie. I'm sorry Nick, but this pie is just too good for sharing although I did share it with RJ. Haha. After exchanging a lot of "mmm" with RJ while we were savoring this pie, he asked me for the price list so he can order a pie for his family this Christmas.
Yes, we're now Tina's Pie converts. :)
![]() |
| Inn Cafe's Creamy Cheese Lasagna (Php90) |
ToT of Trips or Treats was also in Mercato Centrale again but as a concessionaire. As promised, I bought a piece of her homemade creamy cheese lasagna. RJ and I both agreed that the lasagna was really delicious. True to its name, I love how generous ToT was with the cheese.
![]() |
| Baked by Anita's Mini Cupcakes: Passion Fruit Pucker; Pink Coconut; Cookies & Cream (From L-R) |
Since I liked the Saffron with Black Salt Mini Cupcake last week, I decided to try three other flavors this week from Baked by Anita. I bought their Passion Fruit Pucker, Pink Coconut and Cookies and Cream. I shared these cupcakes with my brother and we both loved them. Although I still love the Saffron with Black Salt flavor the best. :) That flavor sold like pancakes since a lot of bloggers have been raving about it.
![]() |
| Energetic Chef's Jams (Php140+ per bottle) |
Of course, I didn't forget my mom who went with me last week. So I bought my mom's favorite Pineapple-Ginger Jam from Energetic Chef as a "pasalubong" for her. She beamed when I handed it to her since she really loved this flavor combination.
![]() |
| w/ Trixie, Jane and Dahlia |
On a normal day, I would have cried stomach ache from overeating but I had so much fun from meeting new blogger friends that I forgot how much food I was able to eat in less than 4 hours. Who knew I had such a huge appetite?
Thank you so much, Trixie of Eats Trixie, ToT of Trip or Treats, Jane Chua of Between Bites and Dahlia of Energetic Chef! I had so much fun meeting and eating with you yesterday. :)
Thank you so much, Trixie of Eats Trixie, ToT of Trip or Treats, Jane Chua of Between Bites and Dahlia of Energetic Chef! I had so much fun meeting and eating with you yesterday. :)
![]() |
| Smarla w/ RJ Ledesma |
So to all foodies out there or to people who simply want to power eat on a weekend, Mercato Centrale is a really great food destination. It's a really great way to bond over food on a weekend.
Hope you had a great weekend too!
More Info on Mercato Centrale:
Address: Corner of 9th Avenue and 30th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Map: Click Here
What to tell the Taxi Driver: Near Bonifacio High Street
For Even More Info: Click Here
Operating Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 7AM-12NN
List of Concessionaires: Click Here
Other Weekend Market Posts:
Mercato Centrale: 10 Food, Blogging & Bonding Reasons for Me to Wake Up Early
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~
















20 comments:
Waah why did I leave early? huhu. di ko nakita si Marc :(
pero buti na lang i left early, ang dami mo pa kinain Smarla! I'm on a diet pa naman hehe :)
Bale Dutung?? Count me in!! :)
I had the pleasure of eating at Bale Dutung with the boys of the Our awesome planet tour(Ivan Man Dy, Anton and Ivan). We experienced lunch at Everybody's Cafe then we went to Bale Dutung for Lechon 6ways.. for a grand total of a 10 course meal. Claude and Maryann were very very good hosts. The best part, is the dessert. Paradiso.
Thanks for visiting yesterday and featuring me again on your blog! I hope your mom enjoyed the pineapple-ginger jam!
Thanks for the Lasagna Love! See you again next week, and don't forget to buy an Eggling :)
Trip or Treats
waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! food trip kung food trip! na-overwhelm ako dun ah! how come you're soooo slim! hihi. envious na ako hahaha.
nacurious ako dun sa mochi ball at san mig savoury pie. naglaway ako! hihi
I really have to force myself to wake up early to visit this soon.
Hi Trixie, sayang super gwapo niya! sobrang na-shy lang ako lumapit.
Hahaha, hope I didn't make you break your diet too much. :P
Game Genine? :D kelan ka pwede?
Btw, kelan na baking natin?
Hi Jason,
WOOOW 10 course meal! wooow!
I really want to meet Claude and Maryann. Their he said, she said article made me laugh so much.
I'm so envious, I really HAVE TO GO THERE NOW :)
Hi Dahlia,
Yes, my mom really loves it :) we're still eating it together with our morning snacks. Yummy!
Thanks for the lasagna too Jean! :D
Hi Jayvie!
super sarap talaga ng beef with san miguel light beer. seryoso as in favorite namin ni rj! we're planning to come back just for those pies. :)
Hi Lorra!
Yes, super nice weekend market. It's more spacious than Salcedo market too. :) I'm sure Elbert will love this as well since there's so much food to choose from. Taste test pa lang busog ka na.
Oh my oh my oh my.
I saw something I would definitely LAAAAAAV to try! :D You already know what it is!!!! :D
Can't wait to go here with you guys again!!! <3
Green Tea Mochi Ball! :D
Me too, I can't wait! :D
i think we like very similar styles of food. and you are very lucky to be able to POWER EAT!! i hope one day to visit your area and go to all the places you wrote about. wishing thinking!
Hi Artemis,
If ever you find yourself in the Philippines, I'll give you a food tour around the city and nearby provinces. The food culture here is really exciting since there's a different cuisine per region. :)
I'm actually starting to get chubbier from all of my eating adventures :P Hahaha.
J'ai appris des choses interessantes grace a vous, et vous m'avez aide a resoudre un probleme, merci.
- Daniel
Translation of Daniel's comment: I learned some interesting things thanks to you, and you helped me solve a problem, thank you.
Thank you so much Daniel :) It's great to be of help :)
Post a Comment