Friday, January 28, 2011

Valentine's Day # 9: Passionately Burning with Chocolate Fire

Feast your eyes on everything chocolate this Valentine's Day!


Let's continue on with our 14 Romantic Restaurants for Valentine's Day with Chocolate Fire. 


Okay, you got me. When it comes to Valentine's Day, the first food that comes to my mind is chocolate. This is shortly followed by strawberries, cake and wine. The great thing about Chocolate Fire is you can have all of those romantic food with chocolate. Yuuum! In fact, they even have Pringles chips and bacon dipped in chocolate!

Their impressive selection of chocolates glows with pride underneath their massive glass display. Indeed it was created to astound and amazed you will be. Customers aren't allowed to take pictures of their tempting display so I resorted to gazing at their lovely chocolate creations. It took us quite awhile to order since everything looked so damn good. Plus, their selection is just crazy! Too many choices, too little time. 

Frog - Php65, Anzac Cookie - Php55,  Bell - Php20 (+10% SC)
We were already tired at this point from our Ayala Triangle Food Trip so our decision making was hugely based on which piece of chocolate would comfort our weary hearts. The romantic in me urged me to order their chocolate frog and chocolate bell. They're made from the same hard chocolate, so on hindsight, I should have ordered just one. Nonetheless, these pure Belgian chocolate treats soothed my heart. And just in case you're wondering, my chocolate frog didn't turn into a prince. :P
Chocolate Blob - Php120 + 10% SC
Since Chocolate Fire originated from Melbourne City, Australia, Kiwee was smart in picking out a popular Australian biscuit, Anzac cookie. These are traditional Australian biscuits created by the wives and mothers of soldiers during World War 1 since they do not spoil easily. These sweet biscuits are made with flour, desiccated coconut, butter, sugar, golden syrup, bicarbonate soda, boiling water and then rolled in oats. I didn't get to taste this but Kiwee really enjoyed it with chocolate. 


Chel shared her really mini Chocolate Blob with all of us. It's a really moist chocolate cake topped off with thick chocolate ganache, shreds of white chocolate and little hard golden sugar balls. I wouldn't mind having it again but I've had better chocolate cakes. 


On my next visit, I'm definitely ordering their more adventurous and best selling chocolates such as their truffles, chocolate mouse, Dark Chili Bark and their romantic chocolate fondue. I can't wait!


If you're planning to celebrate Valentine's Day in Chocolate Fire, it's better to go here for dessert. Pamper your date with all the pure Belgian chocolate s/he can indulge in with wine to along with it. For a more intimate setting, kick back and relax on their couches on the 2nd floor. 


Have a fiery chocoholic happy valentine's day with Chocolate Fire! :)


More Info on Chocolate Fire
Address: G/F PDCP Building Leviste Street corner Rufino Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City
Map: Click Here
Contact: +632-840-FIRE (3473), info@chocolatefire.com
Operating Hours: Mon-Thurs 10AM-12 Midnight, Fri 10am-2am, Sat 4pm-2am, Sun 4pm-11pm
Budget: Php200-400/head

Outfit: Casual


---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :) 

~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~

24 comments:

Smar said...

sobrang heaven! swear, matutulala ka sa chocolate display nila :D

Dani said...

WOW HEAVEN!!! Must must must.

Smar said...

I know! I kissed it pa naman, booo! :P

Smar said...

Haha, don't worry, it's a friendly looking frog in person. :) madilim lang yung place kaya mahirap kunan ng picture :)

Jayvie said...

ay ganun, hindi naging prince yung frog? eshoserong frog lang pala hahaha :D

AVA said...

wow i got scared with the frog chocolate at first hehe but it looks unique!:)

Smar said...

sabihin mo pag nasa Manila ka para imeet ka namin nina Robbie :) dinner or merienda or something :)

Smar said...

awwww sayang talaga! question, have you ever attempted to eat chocolate? :)

Smar said...

hahahahaha! :)) ginagawa namin ng friends ko, rotation sino manlilibre or magkakasama kami para hati sa bayaran. Mas mura pag ganun eh.

Talaga sa Leviste? Sige ireresearch ko kung anong restos yung nandun. Thanks Robbie!

Smar said...

Ah yes, I saw the KFC branch there. Yup they have a wide selection of chocolates which you can buy per piece so you can sample a lot.

Ed said...

andaya. penge ng chocolates! sarap tignan. ill have another resto to drop by next time sa Manila ako. :D

Theofratus Aurelius said...

yummy chocolate!!!


although allergic me, hehehe


:))

Robbie Bautista said...

Wow Makati lang! May suggest pala sana ako na place sayo kaso nakalimutan ko yung name ng resto. Hahahaha. Nasa may Leviste rin siya eh. Puro pastas and cakes, nasarapan ako sa pastas nila.

Bakit ganon? Ang daimng sarap kainan? Baket?!?!?!? Minsan ayoko check blog mo kapag gutom ako at walang pera. =)) Naiinggit ako nang bongga eh. Wahahaha.

Mr. Lonely said...

Oh I always pass by at the place every time I eat at KFC which is located nearby. Not really a fan of cakes but I heard that their selection is worth a try.

Smar said...

They have white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate. :) Actually, hindi nakakaumay if you know how to pick what to order kasi iba iba lasa nila. And may fruits/chips/nuts/lahat naman so may other flavors involved. May chocolate bar din sila na dusted with real gold - wala lang! :)) the gold doesn't affect the taste, yabang factor lang na kumain ka ng gold

Smar said...

I know! I didn't try that one since it sounds weird. But some people actually like it since it's a mix of sweet and salty

Smar said...

Ang emo naman nun!! Dam, food trip tayo Quezon City, ako tour guide mo. :)

Smar said...

desserts place talaga siya, so i don't recommend their sandwiches. haha pero panalo chocolates nila, sobrang nakakamangha. :)

Smar said...

i haven't tried royce's version. :) I'll get back to you on that one :)

Will said...

Everything looks so... black!! Di ko maimagine ang bacon with chocolate. hahaha. Di kaya ako maumay dyan? :)

Grace said...

Bacon dipped in chocolate? What next ... !? :)

DAM said...

Ang dami kong gusto i-try kaso wala ako kasama. :( Hahaha. Loser! I'll do this on Valentine's Day para emo lang. Haha. But seriously, I'm looking forward to eat here. Chocolates FTW!

RN said...

wow! i'll try this resto soon.. malapit lang sya sa office namin.. yipee!!!

chef_d said...

Love the title of this post--LOL! Does their pringles covered in chocolate taste like the potato chips covered in chocolate of Royce?