"We'll always have Paris."
Right before RJ left for his hometown for summer break, we made it an absolute necessity to share a lovely breakfast by the Eiffel Tower.
It's been more than a month since I last saw him but the euphoric memory of taking turns biting off a 6 inch crusty French baguette, generously packed with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and draped together by mayonnaise, lingers on (see cover photo of Le Lillois sandwich - Php145). Ah yes, that was one beautiful breakfast painted against the iconic Eiffel Tower! Casa Blanca captures this perfectly with the line, "We'll always have Paris." In our case, we'll always have Paris Delice.
A 2 meter Eiffel Tower stands like a black pawn to a chess set, fronting this gleaming white French restaurant that stands out along Makati Avenue. Though their replica may never replace the majestic 324 meter tall Eiffel Tower in Paris, Paris Delice successfully conjures memories of France as evidenced by sheer number of French customers during our visit.
Though RJ and I have never been to Paris, entering Paris Delice takes us away from the craziness of Makati and delivers us to a cozy French restaurant where everyone seemed to speak the language of love, French. The walls are adorn with images of France but I am more entranced by their mouthwatering glass display of breads, all imported from France. And with a team of 2 Frenchmen and a Filipino exchange student from France, Paris Delice surely provides an authentic French gastronomic experience.
Aside from authentic French breads, Paris Delice also offers quiches, tarts, salads, soups and sandwiches. RJ and I wanted a light breakfast that morning, sharing a Croissant, a Quiche Salmon, a Le Lillois Sandwich and a cup of frothy light Hot Chocolate to go along with them.
| Hot Chocolate (Php90) |
![]() |
| Croissant (Php50) |
Their Quiche Salmon merits instant attention from a salmon fan like me. Egg and milk lovers will rejoice over this soft, buttery crusted treat, but the overly hushed tones of salmon leaves me yearning for more salmon. RJ, with his happy addiction to butter, finishes the quiche for me in no time.
More Info on Paris Delice:
Address: 1 Juno St., corner Makati Avenue, Brgy Bel-Air, Makati City, Philippines
Map: Click Here
Menu: Click Here
Contact Details: Phone: +(632) 798-0740
Fax: +(632) 421-016
Email: contact@parisdelice.com.ph
Operating Hours: 7AM-10PM Mon-Sun
Budget: Php150-200/head
Payment Method: Cash, Visa, Mastercard
Outfit: Casual
Other Notes: They also do deliveries!
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)
![]() |
| Creme Brulee (Php75) |
Despite my unresolved longing for salmon, the Creme Brulee easily distracts me and brings out the childlike joy from playing with food. I know, I know, I shouldn't play with food but it's impossible to resist as scenes from the French film "Amelie" run through my mind. Just like Amelie, I giggly tap the caramelized sugar crust with the back of my teaspoon, stimulating bursts of luscious custard to breakthrough the surface. RJ later joins in and taps the surface, followed by a hearty spoonful of rich cream. And like children, we exchange smiles and takes turns cracking the rigid cover.
It's been over a month now since our breakfast in Paris Delice, but the mere mention of the restaurant's name triggers memories and recreates our first breakfast by the Eiffel Tower - a short Eiffel Tower that is but still, the Eiffel Tower. Good thing Paris Delice recreates the Paris experience in the Philippines!
Watch our for our next stopover in our trip Around the World with Food for some Mediterranean food!
PS. Hi RJ, enjoy your summer break but please come back soon. Breakfast isn't the same without you. :)
More Info on Paris Delice:
Address: 1 Juno St., corner Makati Avenue, Brgy Bel-Air, Makati City, Philippines
Map: Click Here
Menu: Click Here
Contact Details: Phone: +(632) 798-0740
Fax: +(632) 421-016
Email: contact@parisdelice.com.ph
Operating Hours: 7AM-10PM Mon-Sun
Budget: Php150-200/head
Payment Method: Cash, Visa, Mastercard
Outfit: Casual
Other Notes: They also do deliveries!
---
Are you looking for a nice restaurant or a vacation spot? I'll be more than willing to help! Go to "Ask Smarla" section and check out my Food & Travel Map. I'll do my best to help you out. :)
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter~








7 comments:
Iba pa ito sa Pito & Mita! :D Sayang nga eh, di kami nakapagpicture with the Eiffel Tower. Nashy kami kasi may customers sa labas. :P
Wohooo! Can't wait for the Mediterranean food! Yan ba yung sa Pito&Mita? :D
I wanna try this one din. And then photoshoot sa mini Eiffel Tower. Hahahaha.
I'm not sure but I saw a French guy in the kitchen when I visited. Sayang, I didn't see him deliver the breads. :) That would have been a cool picture!
did you meet the owner/co-founder? he's french, and he's soo cool. sya din yung delivery guy nila, hahaha. hands on management.
Hey Will! :) I sent them an email and they said they only deliver in Makati right now. Here's their email:
Hi Smarla,
Since we are just new, we only deliver in the Makati Area. You can call us at 798 0740 for your orders.
Thanks and hope to see you in Paris Delice.
Paris Delice
Wow! It's only in Makati. And the Creme Brulee looks promising. You know which places they deliver to?
I'm not sure but I saw a French guy in the kitchen when I visited. Sayang, I didn't see him deliver the breads. :) That would have been a cool picture!
Post a Comment