Friday, December 10, 2010

Marciano's: Italian Restaurant in a New York Setting

Yet another Marvin Agustin restaurant.


Right before going to the Myth of the Human Body Exhibit, Chel and I found ourselves in Greenbelt 3 with little money from that week's Tomas Morato Food Trip. But we were so hungry and Chel was having another pasta craving so we decided to enter a restaurant with "pasta" on its signboard, Marciano's: Pizza, Pasta, Steaks
Barely knowing what to expect from such a straightforward signboard, Chel and I were happily surprised by the sophisticated New York ambiance of the Marciano's. With an old silent film (Breakfast at Tiffany's which was shot in New York) flashed against a white wall, Chel and I felt exquisite as their dark red velvet curtains hang behind us. 
Under the golden glow of their chandeliers, Chel and I both agreed that it was a perfect romantic date restaurant. Then all of a sudden, we couldn't help but snicker when we saw Marvin Agustin's picture on our table topper. Why yes, Marciano's is yet another Marvin Agustin restaurant.

Don't get us wrong, we're really happy that Marvin Agustin has flourished in the food service industry. Just seeing his picture brought us back to a lot of childhood memories of Jolina-Marvin movies and Gimik TV episodes. 
Studio 54 Shrimp and Italian Sausage (Php328)
Since we were running low on cash, Chel and I decided to share a pasta together. She's the pasta queen between the two of us so she ordered a plate of their Studio 54 Shrimp and Italian Sausage

The noodles were cooked al dente in light olive oil and tossed with plump shrimps and juicy sausages. Generously seasoned with herbs and parmesan cheese, the pasta was served with the thin slices of Focaccia bread. The serving was large enough for sharing although I'm sure Chel and I could also finish it on our own. :P 
Iced Tea (Php95)
Kiwee later arrived and ordered a tall glass of Iced Tea just to quench her thirst from a tiring multiple train ride to Makati. When the waiter handed her the bill, she couldn't help but complain to the Marvin Agustin table topper, "Marvin, ang mahal mahal naman ng iced tea mo!" (Translation: "Marvin, your iced tea is so expensive!") We kept chuckling as she kiddingly pushed the table topper around as if bullying the real Marvin Agustin. 
Overall, Chel and I loved the glamorous New York feel of the restaurant. The prices were a little steep for us but it's perfect for guys who want to impress their dates. It's casual enough to avoid any awkwardness but also romantic for a quiet dinner date. 

On a final note, for late 80s and early 90s kids, it might be best to hide the table topper somewhere just to avoid any mood breakers. No offense Marvin, we just can't help but reminisce about our childhood shows when we see your picture. Haha. :) 
PS. Thank you to Becky for correcting me (see comments). :) I updated this entry. :)


More Info on Marciano's:
Address: 2/F Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center, Makati City, Metro Manila
Map: Click Me
Commuting Tips: Take MRT train to Ayala, walk through SM Makati, then Glorietta, Landmark and then you'll end up in Greenbelt 3
Menu: Click Me
Budget: Php350-500/head
Contact: (02) 729-0467
Operating Hours: Su, M, T, W, Th: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
                     F, Sa: 11:00 am - 12:00 mn


Other Related Italian Restaurants:
~It's the little sweet notes everyday that matter. :)~

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many restaurants does Marvin have ba? Parang ang yaman na nya ha.

And as usual, I got hungry just by looking at that pasta.

Smarla said...

Hindi ko alam pero sobrang dami! as in, exagge! ang galing niya in fairness :)

Sa kanya yung oyster boy, ricecapades, john and yoko, samurai chef at sumo sam.

Yaman na niya!

Anonymous said...

Wow, siguro ako din, di ko alam kung ano ieexpect, haha. May pasta kaya sila? Or pizza? Or steak? :))

Did you happen to see kung anong price range ng pizzas nila? Pizza/pasta kasi ako =)

becky said...

i don't think the interiors is 'old hollywood glam'
i think they were aiming more of a new york feel
studio 54 (from your pasta dish) is originally in new york
they also have a pizza called a kobe bryant, i think it's play on words for bryant park which is also in new york
and the 'silent movie' is actually breakfast at tiffany's (albeit muted) which was shot in new york
however i do agree that some dishes are quite steeply priced. especially the extra rice which sells for P85.00!!! yes, that's 85 bucks just for extra rice

Smarla said...

hi Dani, mga almost Php400 na yung pizzas and pastas nila :D here's their menu:

http://www.munchpunch.com/restaurants/branch/menus/5729.aspx

Smarla said...

Hi Becky,

Thank you so much for correcting me. You're right, it's a new york setting. I read more after you commented. thank you. :D

♥peachkins♥ said...

hmmnn...now I'm curious about that resto..

Smarla said...

It's a little pricey so I suggest it's for one of those special events :)

cafémobility said...

@Will: among the restos owned(or partly owned) by marvin agustin are John&Yoko Cosmopolitan Japanese, Oyster Boy, and Marciano.

AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said...

My mom and I ate here before and I actually love it :) I remember them pouring the soup from a tea pot hehe fun :)

noone said...

yumm I heart pasta, if I could I would eat pasta every night for dinner. but that's a lot of calories I would be intaking... hmmmmm...

Smarla said...

Hi Ava! :)

Ah really, awww we didn't get to try their soup :P

Smarla said...

Hi Pop Champagne,

I have a friend who's just like you. She swears she could eat pasta all day!

chef_d said...

I like the pizzas in Marciano's :)

Smarla said...

I haven't tried their pizzas, magpapalibre na lang ako next time :P hahaha joke!

Pauline T. said...

I'd say this restaurant was all about the ambiance but that is it... The food was blah...pizza tasted like paper. There was nothing special about their dishes. sorry I don't recommended this.

Smarla said...

I haven't tried their pizza so i can't say the same. the pasta was okay but my friend said that capricciosa's pasta is better :)

Robbie said...

Was supposed to eat here last month pero hindi natuloy. Ang mahaaaaal naman kasi ng mga restos ni marvin Agustin! Di kaya ng budget! Wahahaha.

Smarla said...

I agree! ang mamahal ng restos ni marvin, sige text ko siya. joke!

ayan tuloy, 1 dish per marvin agustin resto lang kami. :P